What about Paxton??

Psycho Mythic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im about to make a trade for a Paxton S/C from a buddy of mine that he had on his SRT-10.
Is anyone else running a paxton novi 2000? Can i get some feedback on these superchargers please:dontknow: :dontknow:
Thankx
Cody:D

Psycho Mythic said:
Im about to make a trade for a Paxton S/C from a buddy of mine that he had on his SRT-10.
Is anyone else running a paxton novi 2000? Can i get some feedback on these superchargers please:dontknow: :dontknow:
Thankx
Cody:D

I love mine,20,000 trouble free miles on it.Make sure to get all needed hardware for reinstallation and I would recommend powercoating or painting the s/c support plates(pain in the butt to keep clean).If your running or plan on running headers,You will have to fab a new support bracket for the cooler.Stay on top of your oil changes and have fun!!:D

1qksrt said:
I love mine,20,000 trouble free miles on it.Make sure to get all needed hardware for reinstallation and I would recommend powercoating or painting the s/c support plates(pain in the butt to keep clean).If your running or plan on running headers,You will have to fab a new support bracket for the cooler.Stay on top of your oil changes and have fun!!:D
Thats sounds awesome! Im excited, my father-n-law has his own production powdercoat line, that will be the first thing i do!

Do a search as there is a good review from someone who had both. Both kick arse is the general consensus. You won't go wrong with either the main SCs for our trucks. All depends on your driving habits and style. Roe = torque down low, good for street. Paxton, more spread out torque curve and not as punchy but has more capability at the track and in terms of overall numbers although both units are being pushed hard as we speak so the #s game is wide open. If it's a good price, good hard I say!

2c

If you get it double check the tune with of the Tuners on here like DC Performance. If your internals are stock... try not to get greedy with power and it will last long time.

tsmith3 said:
If you get it double check the tune with of the Tuners on here like DC Performance. If your internals are stock... try not to get greedy with power and it will last long time.
Would i still need to double deck it being that i have the VECIII? I will be running stock internals so what would be a nice streetable hp to shoot for?

Psycho Mythic said:
Would i still need to double deck it being that i have the VECIII? I will be running stock internals so what would be a nice streetable hp to shoot for?
Safety wise on stock internals - 500rwhp lol. These engines aren't friends to FI and while they may live with FI on stock internals, it won't last for ever. It depends on how you drive it too. Stock internals I would probably call it quits around 600whp? Even then, risky business. Maybe a cheap price to buy/swap the Paxton but it'll be a bigger price to fix the "mess". :eek:

Psycho Mythic said:
YES!
stay around 600 rwhp, and be happy and then just leave it alone;)

roe is not far from you and can get you a tune for the vec bud, but listen closley to tsmith, he is dead on;)

Carlwalski said:
Safety wise on stock internals - 500rwhp lol. These engines aren't friends to FI and while they may live with FI on stock internals, it won't last for ever. It depends on how you drive it too. Stock internals I would probably call it quits around 600whp? Even then, risky business. Maybe a cheap price to buy/swap the Paxton but it'll be a bigger price to fix the "mess". :eek:
So what would i need to do prior to the S/C install to make the engine reliable for this upgrade? I was hoping to put down around 650wrhp, but i would mind 700:D

I had a Paxton on my truck for around 25k miles. At first with just the Paxton and a safe tune I was a little over 600rwhp. Then I added long tube headers, catless mids and some other stuff and pushed the 700rwhp mark. It only lasted another 7k miles or so after that.

If you want to go much over 600 you need to forge the internals. Just upgraded rods and pistons would be enough. Talk to Stinker and he can get you a price on all the parts you need.

When mine went boom I was lucky and didn't hurt the block. Others have been less fortunate. If you want to, go ahead and put the Paxton on, run it around 600hp until you can afford the engine work, then change pulleys and turn it up.

Psycho Mythic said:
So what would i need to do prior to the S/C install to make the engine reliable for this upgrade? I was hoping to put down around 650wrhp, but i would mind 700:D
Here is an EXCELLENT thread in terms of internals and the "should I, shouldn't I" question. I'm looking at FI too and this thread really opened my eyes to the issues, pistons and rods are a must. Post #14 and post #24, especially post 24 really speak the truth about big #s and reliability plus street limits. So it's not really "major" talk to Stinker or Roe, they could probably set you up with some forged pistons and rods for around 2K? and you've already pretty much eliminated the risks. Still the odd chance but the pistons and rods are the main culprits, do them and drive it sensibly and you'll be fine IMO.

http://www.vtcoa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24549&highlight=videos

I'll save you some grief in building new brackets for the inter cooler by sending me your B&B's for my stock manifolds:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

tsmith3 said:
I'll save you some grief in building new brackets for the inter cooler by sending me your B&B's for my stock manifolds:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Thats cool just send me a $1800 check with them and ill get them out for ya:p :p :p

Psycho Mythic said:
Thats cool just send me a $1800 check with them and ill get them out for ya:p :p :p

If it's a check... I can write any number on you want. Getting it to clear might be the challenge :marchmellow:

I had a Paxton on my truck...loved it, really woke the truck up.

I also added DC Performances blower flash and intake, also big improvements. I had upgraded pistons, otherwise stock injectors and got a reliable and safe 667 rwhp , 702 rwhp with water/meth injection from Joe Donovan in Saint Louis.

The tune is the key!

Dave T(BADVENM) said:
I had a Paxton on my truck...loved it, really woke the truck up.

I also added DC Performances blower flash and intake, also big improvements. I had upgraded pistons, otherwise stock injectors and got a reliable and safe 667 rwhp , 702 rwhp with water/meth injection from Joe Donovan in Saint Louis.

The tune is the key!
I have the VECIII computer in mine. Will i be able to have Roe Racing use that to tune my truck for the S/C?

Yes but............ The SCT is easier and cheaper.

of course not cheaper being that you already own a VEC. Talk to the viper tuner near you.

The one near me that owned RSI in Houston asked me to go with a SCT Open vs Closed loop tuning but...... as a guide (SEE BELOW)

A 10 with headers, cam, exhast, TB, Iradium plugs, ROE at 5.6# and METH made 500 hp. And a VEC

A 10 with a Roe and a SCT made 635 hp......

The second one has a better blower but they are both canned tunes.

bigike said:
Yes but............ The SCT is easier and cheaper.

of course not cheaper being that you already own a VEC. Talk to the viper tuner near you.

The one near me that owned RSI in Houston asked me to go with a SCT Open vs Closed loop tuning but...... as a guide (SEE BELOW)

A 10 with headers, cam, exhast, TB, Iradium plugs, ROE at 5.6# and METH made 500 hp. And a VEC

A 10 with a Roe and a SCT made 635 hp......

The second one has a better blower but they are both canned tunes.
The closest viper tune to me that i know of is Sean @ Roe Racing in Gainsville Fl. He's the one that installed the VECIII on my truck. Ill give him a ring and see what we can come up with. It will be several months before im able to install the S/C anyway, i have a few other mods to take care of before im comfortable installing such a power adder...

Have you considered forging your engine before you supercharge it?

Just seems to me that putting first things first is a more rational approach to modifying our engines.

Just an opinion, but think about it...you can stay normally aspirated and come up with performance with a good engine build that is close to where you will want the Paxton to be with stock internals.

Then once you have the forged engine and maybe some great head work...you can then decide if you want to go FI on top of a very strong engine.

Different strokes for different folks I guess.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back