What do you think? It's not a Viper.

It's 340 HP, not sure about torque...can't remember. It's a sub 6 second 0 to 60 car. I would say it's very close to my stock QC until the speeds climb and then this car is quicker than the QC. It's the same basic motor that is in the Audi R8 supercar so it can be modded a lot. I'm going to do a chip and maybe exhaust and that's it. I get too many tickets as it is so I don't need the speed. If I want adrenaline I will go to the motocross track or go back to dirt oval racing, which I plan to do soon.

It was just a joke fella. Saw an opportunity to use that pic and went for it. I'm getting into trail riding since a customer of mine gave me this. I didn't get it in this condition. I've been fixing it up. '97 KDX 200.:)
111.gif

Attachments

• P1000166 (600 x 450).jpg
    P1000166 (600 x 450).jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:
Annu, I just didn't really like it. It wasn't gas mileage. I hardly drive since i work from home most of the time. I think I would have been happier in a 2005 or even a RC. The '06 seats were really uncomfortable. I never found a seating position I liked. I am not sure but I think the 05 seats are more comfortable. I also hated the huge gaps around the wheel wells and no amount of lowering was going to cure it. It wasn't fast enough. The ride was too harsh for my tastes. The interior, while I am sure it will look like new for a very long time, was just too plastic and cheap. I hated the exhaust note. Bottom line, there was a bunch of stuff I would have done to it if I liked it more. If I were going to keep it I needed to spend some big money on it and it just didn't make sense considering I would never get one cent back on any mod I did. If I had kept it, here is my list of required mods:

Black wheels
Lowered
NR headlights
A computer upgrade; VEC II or something
170 Tstat
Dust free brake pads
Lower the driver seat or maybe swap the seats completely
New steering wheel (what an ugly POS)
B&B Complete high flow exhaust
Flat black stripes or some type of flat balck graphcs with red pin stripe
Red piping on the dash like Roz did
New grills
Suede headliner
Figure out a way to dress up the dash-leather or suede or something
Wheel well liners
Maybe FI (probably would have been necessary to keep me interested)

Anyway, I just couldn't see putting that kind of money or time into it. I got the Audi for the same price I sold the 10 for. If I were considering putting that much into the 10, I would have bought a 2009 CTS-V or a Nissan GTR instead. Actually, I plan to buy something else in 2 years or so. Probably a used CTS-V or GTR. I'm not buying new anymore unless I have millions to piss away. I'm sure I can get an '09 CTS-V in two years for half price.

Truth be told, I'm not really a modding guy. I don't buy more than two cars at a time for the wife and I so I can't have one of them in the shop for months. I'm not interested in doing the work myself either. Anyway, the 10 just didn't suit me. I liked the idea of it and the test drive was great but day in and day out I didn't like it. Just a personal opinion. And Like I said, I get my adrenaline from other places. I don't need my street car to be a bullet.

I'm married so I am not trying to impress anyone, not that the 10 impressed anyone around here. In a year and a half and 13,000 miles I had two people ask about it and a few drive by gawkers. Not really an attention getter. Maybe a YF would ahve been different. I think part of the problem is that these trucks are pretty common here in the Phoenix area. Next to Florida, we have the highest concentration of these trucks anywhere.

ChrisAZ said:
I think part of the problem is that these trucks are pretty common here in the Phoenix area. Next to Florida, we have the highest concentration of these trucks anywhere.

Not in Black RC's...:D Funny how many people think I'm crazy for having a black vehicle in AZ....it ain't THAT hot!

Chuck, I think you're crazy. Even my mineral gray truck got hot. That reminds me of the other thing that really drove my nuts about my truck. The AC never cooled well enough. As I've said in other threads, the dealer said it was within spec so they didn't ever fix it. The AC was also loud as hell. Obviously in Phoenix, the effectiveness of the AC is important.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back