What does every body do for a living and your age

includemeout said:
To me work is just another form of prostitution, so I pimp myself for the highest dollar and the pay check negates everything else ( happy with what ever I do):D

hey big pimping!!!

Well I have been pimping myself for a while and it's getting old. The paycheck is great but the morale is in the toilet.

ChrisAZ said:
Well I have been pimping myself for a while and it's getting old. The paycheck is great but the morale is in the toilet.
Just keep in mind what that paycheck will do for your family and your mods,
sometimes the means do justify the end result.:rock: :D

includemeout said:
Just keep in mind what that paycheck will do for your family and your mods,
sometimes the means do justify the end result.:rock: :D

Yeah, that's why I have hung in so long. I make over $200k a year and that is not easy to replace. My family is the only reason I continue to do it. I could live in a shack and be happy but my kids are a different story. I wake up in the morning and start to literally sweat over the thought of my work day. Major stress. I have tried all the positive thinking in the world and it just isn't helping. If my mortgage wasn't so damn high and my house wasn't worth so much less than I paid I could make a change. I'm stuck and maybe that is the worst part. I never felt this way when I was younger. I always knew it would all work out and I was willing to take major risks. Now, I just want to hold on to what I have. I'm in a weird place in life. Middle age I guess. It's new to me. Never felt this way before. Anyone been through a mid life crisis? Maybe that's what's happening to me???:dontknow:

ChrisAZ said:
Yeah, that's why I have hung in so long. I make over $200k a year and that is not easy to replace. My family is the only reason I continue to do it. I could live in a shack and be happy but my kids are a different story. I wake up in the morning and start to literally sweat over the thought of my work day. Major stress. I have tried all the positive thinking in the world and it just isn't helping. If my mortgage wasn't so damn high and my house wasn't worth so much less than I paid I could make a change. I'm stuck and maybe that is the worst part. I never felt this way when I was younger. I always knew it would all work out and I was willing to take major risks. Now, I just want to hold on to what I have. I'm in a weird place in life. Middle age I guess. It's new to me. Never felt this way before. Anyone been through a mid life crisis? Maybe that's what's happening to me???:dontknow:

Know what you mean, house values are in the dump. I built mine, from the plans to the shingles, $400,000 a year ago , now $150,000 if lucky. Have decieded to let them have it and move on. Not easy at 60, but what is the point. The cost of keeping is not worth it and by the time I have to move I will have enough to nearly pay (in full the one I have obtained an opton to buy, owner carried) End result , a strike on my credit but no more stress, a great view and new begining.......... priceless:D :D :D

We work to live, we don't live to work...

The only thing that in the end that will matter is the quality of life.

You are not what you have you are much more than that.

I should have been a teacher my entire career. But I had to make the big dollars, and have the heavy titles...in retrospect, neither of those really mattered.

I strive to enjoy everything I do, and make the most of every moment.

Think about it Chris...you can't make the change over night, but just having the plan in mind helps a great deal.

Roy

25, building contractor as long as i can find work...branching more into commercial now, and trying to get a property "flipping" gig off the ground for commercial investors...

includemeout said:
Know what you mean, house values are in the dump. I built mine, from the plans to the shingles, $400,000 a year ago , now $150,000 if lucky. Have decieded to let them have it and move on. Not easy at 60, but what is the point. The cost of keeping is not worth it and by the time I have to move I will have enough to nearly pay (in full the one I have obtained an opton to buy, owner carried) End result , a strike on my credit but no more stress, a great view and new begining.......... priceless:D :D :D

I know where your at Jerry...tried to refi...no such luck...getting punished for making payments, and keeping our head above water...sometimes it feels like I should just let it go...our appraisal came in at 220K....right what we owe on it.:mad: Have 100K in construction upgrades...and notta penny to show for it...:dontknow: :argh:

Oh my gosh, I think this is like my third post on this thread.. But my age is about to change up a notch in about 8 days. Another difference is I am currently dwelling around West Africa for a month up to the same old thing. DAMN I hate this place.. :dontknow: But it pays the bills and keeps no. 1900 looking purdy..

NBT said:
I know where your at Jerry...tried to refi...no such luck...getting punished for making payments, and keeping our head above water...sometimes it feels like I should just let it go...our appraisal came in at 220K....right what we owe on it.:mad: Have 100K in construction upgrades...and notta penny to show for it...:dontknow: :argh:

One of the old rules about real estate...you don't lose if you don't sell.

While the old rule has changed a lot in this new economy, I have a lot of faith that if it is possible to hold on for another year or two we will recover. Recover does not necessarily say we will go back to where we were, but we will all be in the same boat and the market will impact all of us in nearly the same way...

The harsh reality is that some will not be able to weather the storm.

Prof said:
One of the old rules about real estate...you don't lose if you don't sell.

While the old rule has changed a lot in this new economy, I have a lot of faith that if it is possible to hold on for another year or two we will recover. Recover does not necessarily say we will go back to where we were, but we will all be in the same boat and the market will impact all of us in nearly the same way...

The harsh reality is that some will not be able to weather the storm.

This really sucks. This place is starting to look like the old Soviet Union

nycstev said:
This really sucks. This place is starting to look like the old Soviet Union

Give me some time.. I'm sure I'll end up posting pictures here of the SU remnants soon.. ugh...

I don't make nearly what you guys do, but you are not alone. I am bored with my work and I'm only 25. I just haven't found anything that I really enjoy that pays worth a damn. I sit in an office all day and crunch heat transfer numbers. :pcguru:

It is always important to find what you like first, then the money will eventually follow. I think I've said that many times here before. At age 25 you still have a ways to go my friend. I didn't fully go back to college until I was 29.

thjones3 said:
I don't make nearly what you guys do, but you are not alone. I am bored with my work and I'm only 25. I just haven't found anything that I really enjoy that pays worth a damn. I sit in an office all day and crunch heat transfer numbers. :pcguru:

Whatever you do, figure it out while you are still young. Once you get comfortable with your lifestyle it is very hard to make a change, especially if you have a family that is also comfortable in the lifestyle you provide. If you're still single you can take risks and make sacrifices that you won't be able to do when you're older and have a family. Pursue your passion. I believe 100% in the adage that you will never work a day in your life if you do what you love.

ChrisAZ said:
Whatever you do, figure it out while you are still young. Once you get comfortable with your lifestyle it is very hard to make a change, especially if you have a family that is also comfortable in the lifestyle you provide. If you're still single you can take risks and make sacrifices that you won't be able to do when you're older and have a family. Pursue your passion. I believe 100% in the adage that you will never work a day in your life if you do what you love.

:congrats:A-MEN!

I'm a physical therapy technician in the Air Force and I love it. I won't get rich, but I never dread coming in each morning.

ChrisAZ said:
I'm 38 and burned out on my career. Need a change but not sure what to do. I have bills to pay so I need to make good money. I'm thinking about flipping homes. I think the real estate market is at a good point to start doing that and I have some cash. How the hell do I get back to enjoying my work? Any words of wisdom?

I do that for a hobby and am selling in this market, the money is made in the " Buy":D :D

thewelshm

Im a division manager of a large subcontracting company ( Drywall, Metal Studs, Theme Plaster etc) 45 years young, Love what I do all commision based.

thewelshm

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back