what FI should i get ??

which forced induction should i choose ??

• roe tmts

Votes: 15 22.7%
  • paxton

Votes: 13 19.7%
  • sts turbo

Votes: 2 3.0%
  • nitrous

Votes: 5 7.6%
  • jmb single turbo

Votes: 11 16.7%
  • twin turbos

Votes: 8 12.1%
  • N/A with forged internals only14

Votes: 12 18.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

moparracing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i'm trying to decide what forced induction i should get this winter, i'm looking for input on what you guys think.......

i plan to forge my rod's/pistons/mains @ the same time.... my intentions are as fast as i can go for ~$15k (parts/labor), but still be streetable & often driven...... i'm not ignoring sts turbo since marty @ krc performance has a handle on it....

all input & experiences are appreciated, thanks.

I vote for N/A with some new forged rotating assembly parts. These engines (from what I have seen and we've been finding out) are just too unpredictable when forced to run hard. Bolt-ons and mild IMO is the best set up these trucks can have, good power, safe and reliable. If you are after all out power, perhaps look at getting a performance car for just that purpose, some big block MoPar power or something? Just a suggestion which is what you asked for. :) Best of luck with your choice.

:rock:

Carlwalski said:
I vote for N/A with some new forged rotating assembly parts. These engines (from what I have seen and we've been finding out) are just too unpredictable when forced to run hard. Bolt-ons and mild IMO is the best set up these trucks can have, good power, safe and reliable. If you are after all out power, perhaps look at getting a performance car for just that purpose, some big block MoPar power or something? Just a suggestion which is what you asked for. :) Best of luck with your choice.

Sounds like my problem too. What do you consider mild? Intake, exhaust, tune; 50rwhp or less?

All depends on what you want as your final outcome, but now that we're having success with the STS, or JMB turbo set would be nice as well. Turbos are hard to beat you get the instant torque and hp up top. That would be my choice, but don't know if the 15k budget will get you all the hardware needed plus labor.

Your not going to get a twin turbo set up with that budget.

moparracing said:
i'm trying to decide what forced induction i should get this winter, i'm looking for input on what you guys think.......

i plan to forge my rod's/pistons/mains @ the same time.... my intentions are as fast as i can go for ~$15k (parts/labor), but still be streetable & often driven...... i'm not ignoring sts turbo since marty @ krc performance has a handle on it....

all input & experiences are appreciated, thanks.

Well...If I had the chance to do it all over again...I would forge the motor first...then bolt the twinscrew back on it, and bless it with a "touch" of spray.
ROE Racing has been aces in my book.:rock:

it will probably be hard to build it(forged) and do f/i for that budget. if i coulddo it over again i would start with forged internals then i would get the roe... i did it backwards and sent the #1 rod through the block.. i loved the power from the roe.

NBT said:
Well...If I had the chance to do it all over again...I would forge the motor first...then bolt the twinscrew back on it, and bless it with a "touch" of spray.
ROE Racing has been aces in my book.:rock:
I agree. i will let everyone know soon what I think of my touched ROE.

I really like the JMB Turbo, but I do not think your budget will allow forging and the Turbo. If you were a patient man, forge and N2O now. Then add the JMB turbo later. But all these power adders are gonna exacerbate a known weakness - TRACTION.

I'd redo the engine first as well .... just makes sense... I've never driven a Roe so dunno... but I'm happy with the paxton... it'll roast the tires if you push on the gas lol

I only have experience with the Roe. I did the installation easily myself in a couple of days. The base 5.6 psi boost makes a considerable difference. Considering the routine comments on motors blowing up whether normally aspirated, running forced induction, or using nitrous I sent my SCT tuner that came with the Roe back to Sean and had the shift points for 1-2 and 2-3 on my QC set at 5,200. It typically completes the shifts by 5,400. Intent was to minimize a probable risk/contributor to blowing up until I can go with forged rods and pistons. I've purchased MEOH injection for the same reason......cooler pistons and a lower probability of out of time detonation will also help reduce risk. No doubt even with the lower shift points performance is still much better than when it was normally aspirated. I've had the MEOH injection a month but just haven't had the time to install. Will start tomorrow. I expect that'll help performance a tad in the hot weather we have. Longer term I'll go with forged internals and upgraded heads/valvetrain. Considering reputation, and service I've experiened with Sean Roe, I intend to have the work done by his folks. After the upgrade if Sean supports raising the shift points back to stock levels and perhaps a minor boost increase (maybe to 7) as being safe I'll go that route.

I've no experience with a Paxton on these trucks but know they make a quality product. I can't comment as to what you should do because my experience is limited resulting in a biased opinion. I will say that I have no regrets from installing the Roe, would do it again, and take considerable comfort in having near immediate follow-up on their products when needed (none needed for problems......just a couple of questions on installations, with excellent response).

Oh yeah, I like the TMTS not filling my engine compartment with ducts. The ducts look cool but make it tough to do some periodic maintenance.

Best to all,
oldguy

tinygiants said:
I really like the JMB Turbo, but I do not think your budget will allow forging and the Turbo. If you were a patient man, forge and N2O now. Then add the JMB turbo later. But all these power adders are gonna exacerbate a known weakness - TRACTION.
i'm kinda leaning that way........... i'm also waiting to see what your 4-link does for you. :)

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back