what FI should i get ??

which forced induction should i choose ??

• roe tmts

Votes: 15 22.7%
  • paxton

Votes: 13 19.7%
  • sts turbo

Votes: 2 3.0%
  • nitrous

Votes: 5 7.6%
  • jmb single turbo

Votes: 11 16.7%
  • twin turbos

Votes: 8 12.1%
  • N/A with forged internals only14

Votes: 12 18.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I just looked at the Test & Tune schedule. There are T&T on 9/12, 9/19+20, and 10/3+4. So I still have a chance to get down the track if I can have my engine installed by the 12th of Sept. That would allow me to make the last weekend of T&T after I get the break in miles, all my work done and a tune. But I am hoping to get it sooner than that.

If ya want a nice street runner, go with the Roe

If ya want a street runner with a little bit of potential , but with alot of upkeep, go paxton

If you want good streetablilty, and unlimited power, then single or twin turbos,

Stinker said:
If ya want a nice street runner, go with the Roe

If ya want a street runner with a little bit of potential , but with alot of upkeep, go paxton

If you want good streetablilty, and unlimited power, then single or twin turbos,
the single turbo seems interesting, does anyone have install pics ?
i'm curious how the turbo is attached to the exhaust........:dontknow:

PM Justin or 505..they could get you something..There was a thread with Doms single setup somewhere on here,,

I really like Justins setup:rock: But for 15k that's all your going to get:( No rods,pistons,or mains:( That IMO would be a have to with that setup:D

With that budget I'd say go paxton and forged on the motor. You could see 800rwhp I think:dontknow:

kyle's srt10 said:
I really like Justins setup:rock: But for 15k that's all your going to get:( No rods,pistons,or mains:( That IMO would be a have to with that setup:D

With that budget I'd say go paxton and forged on the motor. You could see 800rwhp I think:dontknow:

I agree, its alot of money to lay out upfront, and with a 15K max budget, I think I would rather see a forged motor and lots of spray. The paxton setup is nice and can make big power, but needs a complete fuel system and tuning system to go past the factory paxton boost settings safely. To do dual in-tank pumps, new feed line, return line, regulator, rails, and injectors is not cheap (about $2K). Then a pulley to up the boost, a VEC or SCT, with a good tuner, etc. is all required to make 800+ WHP (Another $2K) Water injection and a better air intake setup would help as well, if not required to do it on pump gas (another $1k). Now how much have you invested, and thats without exhaust/headers either ($2K+). Every setup will have its advantages/disadvantages. N20 has to worry about bottle pressure, and tons of electronic safety equipment, plus refilling bottles; but its cheap and makes TONS of torque. Roe has nice blower, fuel system, tuning software, price, etc. but cant make the big #'s (yet at least). Paxton can make big #'s, but needs most of the kit replaced except the blower to do it. Entry cost is more affordable however which makes it a good option. Turbo setup makes great #'s with no upgrades needed and is very adjustable in power, but is the biggest outlay of money upfront. How much do you want to spend!?!?!?
Justin

once you climb over the 675 mark...............expect to spend not thousands, but tens of thousands;)

like Justin says......how much do ya want to spend:burnout:

Quite a few of the responses failed to take the budget into account, and just responded with their favorite power adder.

JMB is definitely closest to the mark. Build the short block up and spray it.

To that I might add that one could do heads and cam, and have great reliable power full-time. Then somewhere down the road the spray could be added. With a good forged build and JM Striker heads and a comp coupe cam, that'd be around 15k. A good tune on an engine like that should put down 600+rwhp all by itself. More than enough power to get you in trouble on the street.:burnout:

Then when you're ready to slap on some ET streets and hit the track, spray that puppy with a good 300 shot.:rock:

Ram From Hell said:
Quite a few of the responses failed to take the budget into account, and just responded with their favorite power adder.

JMB is definitely closest to the mark. Build the short block up and spray it.

To that I might add that one could do heads and cam, and have great reliable power full-time. Then somewhere down the road the spray could be added. With a good forged build and JM Striker heads and a comp coupe cam, that'd be around 15k. A good tune on an engine like that should put down 600+rwhp all by itself. More than enough power to get you in trouble on the street.:burnout:

Then when you're ready to slap on some ET streets and hit the track, spray that puppy with a good 300 shot.:rock:
i've got to watch out on the spending & i want something dependable....... you & justin are probably right on what i should do....:)

ok ive read and read, heres my thoughts....

1. Do a basic forge on the motor, nothing crazy just be capable to 900-1000 hp
(6-7 thousand parts and install)
2. Buy a paxton and install it 6-7 thousand.
3. Add the 8 pd pulley $150
tuned correctly you should be around 700 rwhp

From there small add ons and changes to the fuel system and paxton set up to get you above that mark. But remember power is nothing if you cannot get it to the ground, my set up is perfect and hooking enough for me to know that no more hp is needed unless I plan on putting slicks on full time.

To me thats a great build with out use of nos, plus you will beat 99% of everything you see on the road. And get a decent low 11 time on the 1/4 with perfect shifting and traction.

moparracing said:
ok, i've decided - JM Striker heads and a comp coupe cam for a NA build (nitrous later)..... where's the best place/price to get what i need ?

I think you made a good decision.....did I say that to you?.;) .....to make even better why not forged rods/pistons with a slight compression increase?....you are going to be half way by removing heads & cam..$15K should more than cover the heads & forging....oh, and plan on getting a dyno tune done by one of our several qualified tuners here...should be good for ~600HP..

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back