What made you decide to buy a 10?

I bought mine because I wanted to meet new friends from all around the world, go to GTGs all around the country and drinks lots of beer. Then find the perfect woman and marry her.

Actually I just wanted a Viper powered truck ever since 1996 when they talked about making one. So when they did make them in 2004 I bought one. The other stuff just happened from posting on a forum, or two.

Bill.

I wanted one since they talked about making them. Never thought I would be able to afford one at that. SO I bought the 10 when it was on a roll back. Was driving down the rd and saw it sitting in the back not even off the truck yet. So I went in (in my lightning) told them that I wanted to test drive the truck. The hessitated for a minute so I called the manager (friend of mine) and he gave me a great deal on it and I got rid of the lightning! Now have met a group of wonderful people that drink alot of beer and have crazy women! HAHAHA

perk_1405 said:
i bought mine b/c i thought if i bought something that was already fast i wouldnt have to do any mods, but that didnt work. i gotta say that is is the the most fun that i have ever had with a truck.

Now this sounds like my wifes reasoning !!! :rock: :rock: Man was she wrong !!!;)

Oh I did forget to mention my wife was pissed at me for a month, we just got done paying off the durango, so to me that meant we had more money to spend, she didn't see it that way, but now she loves it so were all good :goodnight: :viking: :driver:

I got my baby, because I like fringe cars. At the time I had a Prowler and a F-150. I traded the F-150 in for the srt10 and have never regretted it for a second. I have since then gotten rid of the Prowler because I got tired of riding in a pot hole and it started to get hard to get out of the prowler.

My next car is going to be a Tesla roadster.

-jeff

Well, even though my current situation has me down, Ill share my story too. I had always had crappy cars as a young kid and well when I say crappy I mean pontiacs had a 92 grand am that took a crap and a 2000 sunfire, yes its a chick car dammit but all I could afford. Well one day I went over to dodge to help my mom get her durango she wanted, with no intention of buyin anything for myself. I had always loved rams and vipers of course but could never afford them or so I thought. Although I wanted my dream truck a srt 10 at the time I wound up with a really nice 2005 slt hemi ram and my mom got her durango. Well I did everything I could to my hemi made it pretty fast but then I heard that dodge was cutting production on my dream truck! I was so upset I even sent a letter to dodge scolding them for the move! But after about 2 weeks I said dammit I want my dream and Ive worked to dam hard not to get it! So I went out everywhere looking, got alot of no answers but persisted, then there she was a blk 04 in my last attempt to achieve this pinnacle of my dreams! I drove home in her and was hooked, only would I let her go for one more amazin truck! Randy a member out here who had built the meanest truck I had ever seen, another srt with mods to crazy to list. I was attempting to match his long list until he told the forum he sold her!!!! For a FORD! Well I called him up right away, got all the info and had her parked in my garage 1 day later. Have loved this truck ever since first seeing one on the road and always will say it is the best looking and meanest dam thing on the road. I will miss my dream but at least I got a taste of what its like, I can only hope that someone winds up with her loves her as much as I do and takes as much care and time that I did.

It wa s2004 I was loking for a new car I bought an srt-4. They had 3 srt-10s on the lot. They would let me sit in one but not even start it, I did some work to the srt-4 it went 8.36 in the 1/8 mile. I got bored with that, traded it for an 02 mustang gt convertable. Installed vortech supercharger, and other performance mods, was very fun but only ran a 9.0 in the 1/8 on street tires. My buddy wanted me to look at a ford truck he was wanting to buy. So I go up there and they have the most beautiful black beauty I have ever seen sitting out front. The salesman asked if I wanted to drive it as Im drooling. I told him I better not so I dont buy it and get a devorce. The next day Im sneaking outta the house to go test drive it, and took it home. Still maried by the way, nd best money Ive spent.

Always had a thing for fast cars, had two SS Camaros but the last one was totaled and the other driver drove off so my insurance got to eat it. I had more than a couple speeding tickets and couldn't afford the insurance on another fast car so I moved into diesel pickups. Had a Ford that was a piece of shit, sold it and bought an 04 3500 single wheel short bed Ram diesel stick. It was close to 36,000 miles so I took it in for a once over before the warranty expired. As I'm pulling out of the parking lot the salesmanager asks me what I want for my truck. I quoted him what I paid for it "ok" was his answer. So since I didn't ask for enough money I explained he'd have to make me a good deal on something else. He asked what I like, I pointed to a red SRT QC at the entrance. I drooled over the trucks since they were intorduced but at the time it was going to be my daily driver and a RC just wasn't going to do, hadn't even seen a QC before. I had a Viper and wanted that in a daily driver. He quoted me a price and I came home in my Red 05 QC.

Two months later I decided it wasn't fast enough... so here I am.

Bought a Hemi Ram, drove it for about 6 months. It never felt right.
Went to the local Dodge dealer and saw a nice "Red" 10 just sitting on the lot.
Took it for a test drive, the rest is history.

I used to have a ford lighting, than i totalled it. than i totalled my mercedes.
and finally they had the truck I was looking for a 4 door quad with a viper motor. Just unique and bad ass:rock:

Annu Kumar said:
I used to have a ford lighting, than i totalled it. than i totalled my mercedes.
and finally they had the truck I was looking for a 4 door quad with a viper motor. Just unique and bad ass:rock:

Don't total this one:mad: :burnout: :burnout: :marchmellow:

I was at my chevy dealer looking for a new Silverado 2500 Duramax 6 speed, which I planned to lower and add a ton of mods. The salesman I spoke with had a friend selling my current truck. Price was right, I got a great deal at the time.

Always went to the Auto shows here always sat in a SRT 10 loved em since they came out. I got lucky and I found one I could afford. :rock: :D

I had a 2004 RC black 4.7 Ram. I just put 3k in it. (lowering, audio, rims, exhaust, intake, etc). I was driving to a friends house for a cook out and I saw a red RC srt-10 at the local dealer. I always wanted one, but I knew the prices were sky high, and my wife would KILL me. But, I pulled it. Only had 2k miles, and the price was right for an '05. So, I said screw it. I want it bad enough....Drove it to the party, and I couldn't stop staring at it the whole night. I didnt even drink any beer because I knew I couldn't afford to act stupid in that 500hp beast!

Sold it 9 months later. Sad day, but i'll be back on the map some day.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back