What next

Snake_Charmer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK so i have kinda been all over about this and need some real world advice. I am looking for more HP. I dont want to upgrade internals if i dont have to. so given that.... should i go heads and cam, I have a D1SC laying around, or N02? I am looking to have a fun DD not a race machine, so i need to keep MPG in mind, and track on the weekend. N02 scares me but not enough to steer clear.

Chris Jensen and an SCT would be a good first step

The 2 most important questions before you move forward. What is your end goal? What is your budget?

Just talked to Justin... Turbo looks like its out. So any realworld Blower advice? Also what kind of cam should i look into if I stay NA? May port heads down the road as of now no port, just cam headers catless and tune. also if anyone is selling headrs catless mids or sct let me know.

6-650wheel. not interested in internal upgrades. so low boost SC will be ok. budget..... the realistic one or the one I tell my self i can do this for...... :) or the one i tell my wife.... :/ Hard questions here

6-650wheel. not interested in internal upgrades. so low boost SC will be ok. budget..... the realistic one or the one I tell my self i can do this for...... :) or the one i tell my wife.... :/ Hard questions here

Let's go with the realistic budget and work from there. :D

ROE will get you most of the way there with a lot of low end torque. There have been many on stock internals that have done very well.. well, until they wanted just a little more, then a little more, then a little more

Heads cam. Call a shop and have a custom build designed for u custom cam etc. only way to do it.

No said it but if your concerned with mileage, don't consider boost. N2O is your path bro. :chain:

Boost adds mpg! Heads and cam are great but the real hp increase comes at higher rpm. More stress on internals. Best bang is FI for your dollars. Just low boost. Paxtons last longer and pull hard!!!

Like Jay said, they all can come back to bite you in the butt if your not careful. How much more HP are you wanting. The more HP the more $$$$$. Good Luck

LOL, everyone has their preference, Roe,paxton, N20, or heads/cam. A lot depends on the budget, end goal, and who's doing the work. If you're fine with 550rwhpish I would just go with heads/cam. Easier to tune and less shit can go wrong. I run a Roe on my QC at low boost (554rwhp@5lbs) and it does fine.

LOL, everyone has their preference, Roe,paxton, N20, or heads/cam. A lot depends on the budget, end goal, and who's doing the work. If you're fine with 550rwhpish I would just go with heads/cam. Easier to tune and less shit can go wrong. I run a Roe on my QC at low boost (554rwhp@5lbs) and it does fine.

You can get alot more than 550 rwhp with heads and cam. As long as the heads person knows anything.

Just going off what I've seen posted for QCs. I do remember seeing someone with 580ish but I wouldn't call that a lot.

no matter what!!! it is all about air! air in add fuel and you make horse power!! How ever you want !!high rpm cam or low rpm boost pick your poison!:burnout:

Let's go with the realistic budget and work from there. :D

5K? is what i would like. I am a budget guy though and will sit around and wait to find a second hand deal. Also will do all the work myself. so 5k in parts.

I talked to a tech today at ROE for a little wile. We didnt get to SC but he did inform me of a new cam they worked with COMP on its a 710R and fixed some of the lift and duration the old 710 was lacking. I am ok with 550rwhp so heads cam tune would be good and like you said less to go wrong. I will look more into the SC option knowing you are running 5lb and making 550. Are you on stock internals?

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back