whats a good quarter mile time

vipertruckkid1544

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i went to the track the other night and the best time that i could get was a 14.02. the only mods that are done is a CAI, short throw, and magnaflow. i was running on stock tires and it was around 80 degrees out. do these numbers seem to be right. i feel like it should be faster but im the only one around here that runs the truck so i cant base it off anything else. my truck also has around 90 thousand miles on it. would this slow it down? my next mission is to buy a set of drag radials and a smaller rim. anyone on here find a pretty good set up? that would help out alot. thanks

seems okay, my RC with just exhaust ran a 13.2 in similar temperature

best time that i could get was a 14.02. do these numbers seem to be right

It totally depends on your Density Altitude. For example, I recently ran a 14.16. That sounds slow until you correct for D.A. (7094'). My corrected time was 12.89.

It totally depends on your Density Altitude. For example, I recently ran a 14.16. That sounds slow until you correct for D.A. (7094'). My corrected time was 12.89.

This is probably a quick Google lookup type deal, but what's the formula for adjusting your time base on the D.A?

Iran 13.6 at 102 my mods are maggnaflow cat back and a k&n cold air intake and I got 41 k miles and I ran on stock tires.

I ran a 13.1 @ 107 with my first truck when it was stock, but that was in March at Atco several years ago. I just ran my current truck last Friday at Numidia and it went 13.9 @ 100. Varying weather conditions will cause the time to change drastically.

i guess i shouldnt feel to bad about being in the 14s then. now im on a mission to find a pair of drag radials and rims that work well with our truck. thanks for all the help

Don't want you to feel bad but my 2000 ford expedition with a K&N and exhaust has run significantly faster on stock rubber.

Oh...and a few other minor mods.:D

Last edited:
Here is the disputed NA record holder but the undisputed NA stock block record holder:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AaWWaAyuhMs]World Record Stock Block NA Ram Srt10 Feb 18 2012 - YouTube[/ame]

Dont want you to feel bad.....but at the end of the day its still an expedition.....:dontknow:

This is very true. A soccer mom suv... :( But it serves it purpose well.

I apologize to the OP but I was just being a smart a$$.:banghead: Mine has obviously been modified.

Seriously...being a manual tranny and high hp with limited traction ...driving skills is very important to e.t. You will only improve with practice and certainly drag radials would help if you are having difficulty getting traction.

E.t. by itself is not very telling. It was asked earlier but 60' and mph would tell a lot more.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back