Whats everybody doing at work today

Currently doing compression tests on each urethane bumper on the individual spine segments of a BioRID rear impact crash dummy for GM, Ford and honda.
Sorry not allowed to take pics.
Interesting... What else do you do?

Copying some jobs while juggling the baby's changing and feeding times. Week 2 of work from home and full time baby watcher. Kickin my tail! I miss ole school dimetapp.
Oh, and I guess you can't share pictures of your job either?

Done for the day and riding home, would be better if I didn't have to be back at 2am though
Listen here Pal, your only priority for the next 24 hours is run a 10 second pass in your truck!

Here's a pic of the compression tool.
What is the mess of white wire in the background for?

I'm up to my usual, hating my job, counting down the hours to the end of the day and wishing I could open my doors for business of my own. All in a day's work. :banghead:

Listen here Pal, your only priority for the next 24 hours is run a 10 second pass in your truck!

What is the mess of white wire in the background for?

I work in engineering so it's all over the board what I do. The mess of white wires are attached to various load cells and accels that are mounted in the dummy.

Ok, snuck a pic of the comp. tool on the T-12 rear vertabra on the spine.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    612.6 KB · Views: 25
Looks tedious. You like it?

Is that a Lenovo laptop in the background?

It's always something different that I'm doing which I like. Last week I was making prototype molds and making prototype parts out of them.
That's just a Dell latitude laptop.

Last edited:

QUOTE]

Here's the point of view the baby has to deal with while I'm workin. She loves to stare at the trophies.
1459742_10201028265689887_857441734_n.jpg

I'm still more partial to designing the parts and making 3D models in Autodesk Inventor.
(On a side note I laid out and modeled my own valve cover spacers)

I use Architectual Desktop on occasion. Most my work is done in what is called Mitek Sapphire. A lot like desktop, but specifically for laying out and engineering trusses. I do like to hop in desktop tho when Im not workin and draw ideas I have. Inventor would be sooooooooo much easier for the mechanical parts than Desktop tho LOL.

That's a great thing as they run 6-800$ which is crap!:rock:

That's crazy what they want for them. I just used a valve cover for the profile and hole locations. Was tricky to layout but I got it. Now just gotta get someone to machine them. (Hint hint Mopar-or-no-Car)

I use Architectual Desktop on occasion. Most my work is done in what is called Mitek Sapphire. A lot like desktop, but specifically for laying out and engineering trusses. I do like to hop in desktop tho when Im not workin and draw ideas I have. Inventor would be sooooooooo much easier for the mechanical parts than Desktop tho LOL.

I've seen that program before, never used it though. Truss design is pretty cool. There's definitely some crazy truss layouts out there. I have AutoCAD 2004 on my computer at home. Done a few side jobs over the years with it.

Last edited:
That's crazy what they want for them. I just used a valve cover for the profile and hole locations. Was tricky to layout but I got it. Now just gotta get someone to machine them. (Hint hint Mopar-or-no-Car)

I havent forgot.....Im doing a cam/bore and stroke to my buddies raptor over xmas break, im guna try to work something out with him nkw that ill have a lil leverage!!!:)

Oooooo ya ,double time Saturday and Sunday weekend .Going to make some bank this weekend :rock:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back