whats everybody's best top speed?

stealth78

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2 part question. Whats everybody's best top speed (mine is 156 @ 6000rpms in 5th)? And how much HP&TQ does it take to be able to gain speed in 6th?

145ish

as much h.p. as ya can afford, is that right???:D:elefant:

if i remember correctly, by gearin our beasts are 200+ m.p.h. trucks:burnout::burnout::rock:

I know a QC that had exhaust,SCT and CAI that would hit 170,Im sure I can easy hit 180 when my truck gets tuned very soon!

on the street... about 150...

but on the dyno... i hit the rev limiter in 5th at 164 and we stopped at 198 in 6th and it was still 500 shy of redline (it was a 200 mph dyno)...

so my truck's seen a lot :D

Been 160(according to the speedo) was in 5th gear almost redline, took almost 4 miles to get there

Been 160(according to the speedo) was in 5th gear almost redline, took almost 4 miles to get there

LOL! Wow, four miles eh!?! That's quite a bit of space needed. I've seen well into the 140's with mine. Never have let the big cat scratch on a long, strait stretch yet.

Just for a comparison, back in 2001, I did some top speed tests out here in the desert with Paul Dean from Cycle world magazine. I ran my stock ZX12R w/ a pipe and tune. Went 196 mph in just over a mile from a dig with my monkey ass on it. This was verified with GPS and his radar gun:chain:

If I could have gotten my damn elbows and shoulders out of the wind, 200 might have happpend!!:D

I've been about 145 when I was auto and have been about 135 as a 6 speed so far. Get a slight internal tranny vibration around that speed with the manual tranny. Could be driveshaft maybe, but I backed out.:D

155, twice.

been wanting to top out just havent had a chance and ive had the truck for a yr now :(

Just a guess but i would say it would take 525 hp to hit 150 mph then a 6 pak of rocket boosters to go 200mph . These trucks push alot of wind!!! the faster you want to go there is an unbelievable amount of power required.

I've done about 130ish. I was surprised at how smooth these things are at speed, well minus the wind noise which made it sound like I was going to lose two of my doors at any second.

122 (GPS verified) until I caught up with some traffic and had to slow down.

Just a guess but i would say it would take 525 hp to hit 150 mph then a 6 pack of rocket boosters to go 200mph . These trucks push alot of wind!!! the faster you want to go there is an unbelievable amount of power required.

Ya I know....! I was just wondering if any of these guys on here with BIG HP and 6 speeds could tell me what their rwhp is if they can pull in 6th over 160mph.

Ya I know....! I was just wondering if any of these guys on here with BIG HP and 6 speeds could tell me what their rwhp is if they can pull in 6th over 160mph.

Most of the big HP guys abandoned their 6 speeds a long time ago.

6th gear is to tall , .5 overdrive. It was meant for fuel economy only! More power will just explode the tranny! all high speed pulls will be in 5th. it will slow down in 6th or break something. The factory installed 4.10 gears in the rearend to achieve the record speed.

went 150 at highest 1 time.
But going 130-140 every time the queen it out for a ride. :D

Using the queen where she's build for... power and fun!:rock:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back