Wheel Opinions wanted.

Getnlwr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have been wanting to change out the stockers on this thing pretty bad. When I got the truck they had some curb rash, and I just want to replace them.

I have been tied between the stock size 22's and going to a 24 with a 305/35/24 tire size. I have been looking at wheel weight and tire weight as well. I really don't want to hurt the performance any more than the stock wheels already do. I have been looking at these
51Fo2c8bKvL._SX385_.jpg

and a minimum V rated tire.

Any ideas for a moderate weight 22/24" wheel that can be used on the street with decent performance. I am fully aware that 22's and 24's and the word "performance" are generally never used in the same sentence unless there is also a "not" between them.

The truck is Mineral Gray.

Last edited:
I have yet to see a wheel on these trucks that looks better than stock IMO.

I did see one set that were paint matched on a yellow fever truck that came to a local show from Canada. I know there are good options out there.

Not a fan at all of those wheels. Havent seen to many that actually look good on these besides stocks. But to each his own. If they are what you really want, then enjoy.

If you really want to change them, then maybe look into something like these. I think they are one of the few that look half decent.ImageUploadedByTapatalk1373559504.153505.jpg

X2 on the stock rims being the best looking. And I'm one of those people who ALWAYS has to change wheels for that 'difference' factor...

I saw these at a local shop when gettin my tires rotated. For some reason the first set I could see changing my stockers for. Only chrome is lip and front faces of spokes.
394816_4233587278996_399899336_n.jpg

Last edited:
STOCK is really the best wheels out there!:rock:

Either one of these wheels look awesome but there not cheap by any means:(

I just love the stock wheels. I would be hard pressed to find a wheel that I like better. I will eventually get a brand new set though. Mine had curb damage and some wheel acid damage from when I bought the truck.

I hate cleaning my stock wheels, but agree they are the best looking wheel on our trucks Ive seen so far..

Yup HRE would be the only other wheel i would put on my truck.

Agreed but I still believe the stockers look far better than any of the HRE's....

The classic 5-spoke posted a little farther up looked pretty nice though.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back