Where to get light wheels AND Tires?

viperhauler said:
nah....that's too much....unless they threw in a free car...like asanti did a few years ago...;)
I was just visiting their site, Holy crap they have some nice wheels.

Before you go with the 360 forged search google and check Mercedes, Bmw, and 6speed fourms.. the company took alot of peoples money and didnt deliver..or took over a year to deliver and the quality was bad.

hcetzneb said:
Before you go with the 360 forged search google and check Mercedes, Bmw, and 6speed fourms.. the company took alot of peoples money and didnt deliver..or took over a year to deliver and the quality was bad.
Uuummmmm, I wonder if J.H. is involved?;)

Take a look i would hate to see any of the members here get caught up in this..
http://www.mbworld.org/forums/search.php?searchid=4951833

This is just one of them there is on tread that has over 250 pages !!! of posts with at least 40-50 unhappy customers .

Try BBS if your looking for function they cant be beat. Or have you guys ever heard of dynamags... carbon center/ titanium barrel WOW but wait till you see the price...

If you guys like any of the 360 designs try
http://www.corforged.com/ They used to make 360 wheels for them before they went to shit.. These guys make wheels for numerous companys and will even replicate a 360 design (well they used to ) . Solid company

Tooloe said:
360 forged mesh 5 spoke looks just liek our stock wheels but alot better

Those guys are based out of Miami, and are crazy expensive.

Just a opinion of mine i would lean torward a i piece forged design for these trucks as i think if you try running a 3 piece or multi piece wheel you will have problems with bent wheels or leaks.... I have owned problably 20 sets of high end wheels for all my cars from 19"-22" i have delt with the bad and the good..

For a 360 wheel expect to pay 1500-1800 for a 20" . I think a 22 was over 2000.

hcetzneb said:
If you guys like any of the 360 designs try
http://www.corforged.com/ They used to make 360 wheels for them before they went to shit.. These guys make wheels for numerous companys and will even replicate a 360 design (well they used to ) . Solid company

Yep, heard good things about them from some Ferrari and BMW guys.... also try CCW...

http://www.ccwheel.com/files/home.php

:)

Great.... :rolleyes:

We've had "light" dairy products and desserts, "light" beer and now "light" tires.....

You want light tires, put helium in 'em for fck sake...........

D

Django said:
Great.... :rolleyes:

We've had "light" dairy products and desserts, "light" beer and now "light" tires.....

You want light tires, put helium in 'em for fck sake...........

D

I agree... kinda. :eek: I could understand a lighter tire on a Lotus Exsige, or Ferrari, or Porsche. Something you are road-racing perhaps (to save on unsprung weight for better cornering). :confused: But, nit-picking about it on a 6000lb PICKUP TRUCK? :dontknow: The difference would be so small, I don't think it would change anything (handling, ride, cornering, etc). I could be wrong... :D But, if you want a race car, or a sports car, buy one. These are pickup trucks. :slug:

..... I could understand buying a lighter, stronger wheel. Especially if you live up north, where the winters (plows) tear up the roads so badly. :)

Black1 said:
I agree... kinda. :eek: I could understand a lighter tire on a Lotus Exsige, or Ferrari, or Porsche. Something you are road-racing perhaps (to save on unsprung weight for better cornering). :confused: But, nit-picking about it on a 6000lb PICKUP TRUCK? :dontknow: The difference would be so small, I don't think it would change anything (handling, ride, cornering, etc). I could be wrong... :D But, if you want a race car, or a sports car, buy one. These are pickup trucks. :slug:

..... I could understand buying a lighter, stronger wheel. Especially if you live up north, where the winters (plows) tear up the roads so badly. :)

well just imagine that if you lost 10 pounds at easch tire... an also did breaks an rotors you would lose at least or some where close to 20 pounds of rolling mass on each whell thats worth the gain imo because the lighter the wheel the easier it is to move it

Tooloe said:
well just imagine that if you lost 10 pounds at easch tire... an also did breaks an rotors you would lose at least or some where close to 20 pounds of rolling mass on each whell thats worth the gain imo because the lighter the wheel the easier it is to move it

I just think there is a certain point where the vehicle's WEIGHT changes the curve on what parts work (are really worth while) and what parts aren't. When you have 420+ HP to the wheels in a 6000LB vehicle, loosing 80lbs isn't really going to give you a huge gain in performance. Especially for the cost of wheels, tires, rotors, etc (say $4000). Hell, if you want to save 80lbs, just take out the spare tire under the bed... and maybe not eat at McDonalds 5 days a week. :dontknow: :eek: :D

Black1 said:
I just think there is a certain point where the vehicle's WEIGHT changes the curve on what parts work (are really worth while) and what parts aren't. When you have 420+ HP to the wheels in a 6000LB vehicle, loosing 80lbs isn't really going to give you a huge gain in performance. Especially for the cost of wheels, tires, rotors, etc (say $4000). Hell, if you want to save 80lbs, just take out the spare tire under the bed... and maybe not eat at McDonalds 5 days a week. :dontknow: :eek: :D

I'm just saying if you can save 80lbs from the spare tire and from the wheels and tire combo thats 160lbs right there.... the small stuff adds up..... an with more Hp like me an rob robs truck should be cloe to 1000RWHP and i'm hoping for 900RWHP "have 786 right now" i think every pound off the truck counts

Tooloe said:
Looking at tires alone i see a 6 lb. difference from tire to tire. The BFGs come in at 41 lbs. and some of the others at 47 lbs. Then if you went with wheels that weigh lets say 22 lbs. instead of 40 lbs. That's a savings in weight of about 25lbs. at each wheel. :D

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back