Where to get light wheels AND Tires?

Tooloe said:
I'm just saying if you can save 80lbs from the spare tire and from the wheels and tire combo thats 160lbs right there.... the small stuff adds up..... an with more Hp like me an rob robs truck should be cloe to 1000RWHP and i'm hoping for 900RWHP "have 786 right now" i think every pound off the truck counts

Well, hey... if ya got the money, and you think it matters, more power to ya. :dontknow: :D

Black1 said:
I agree... kinda. :eek: I could understand a lighter tire on a Lotus Exsige, or Ferrari, or Porsche. Something you are road-racing perhaps (to save on unsprung weight for better cornering). :confused: But, nit-picking about it on a 6000lb PICKUP TRUCK? :dontknow: The difference would be so small, I don't think it would change anything (handling, ride, cornering, etc). I could be wrong... :D But, if you want a race car, or a sports car, buy one. These are pickup trucks. :slug:

..... I could understand buying a lighter, stronger wheel. Especially if you live up north, where the winters (plows) tear up the roads so badly. :)

I do think weight matters. Im constantly testing my truck, and feel I have a good knowledge of how these trucks handle, manuver, and they really could stand to lose 1000 lbs.

I would just buy a car, but the reason I dont have a viper is because I hate those things. Ive had 4 privately owned, and over 50 resellers, and I hate those cars(mainly because of the attention from other drivers), and we're here in Texas. I use my truck. I want the best of both worlds, and I want to be massively different from ANY other vehicle on the road, but at the same time not be staired at everywhere I go as I hate attention.

The Ram SRT-10 is the perfect choice. So im stuck with this heavyass truck and I want it to go fast. I will do anything and everything to make it do so. My goals are almost always achieved and I plan on freaking a few peple out here in the next year with some track results. So yes, I am an extremist, thats me, all or nothin. I like me. :cool: :burnout:

robwclark said:
I do think weight matters. Im constantly testing my truck, and feel I have a good knowledge of how these trucks handle, manuver, and they really could stand to lose 1000 lbs.

I would just buy a car, but the reason I dont have a viper is because I hate those things. Ive had 4 privately owned, and over 50 resellers, and I hate those cars(mainly because of the attention from other drivers), and we're here in Texas. I use my truck. I want the best of both worlds, and I want to be massively different from ANY other vehicle on the road, but at the same time not be staired at everywhere I go as I hate attention.

The Ram SRT-10 is the perfect choice. So im stuck with this heavyass truck and I want it to go fast. I will do anything and everything to make it do so. My goals are almost always achieved and I plan on freaking a few peple out here in the next year with some track results. So yes, I am an extremist, thats me, all or nothin. I like me. :cool: :burnout:

You are absolutely right about loosing 1000lbs, Rob. :) It wouldn't take nearly the power (and $$$) to pull great numbers with these trucks if they were, say, as light as the Lightning.

And, I understand your dilemma on the truck/car thing. I've always been in the same boat. :eek: I think, in the future, I'm going to buy a truck or SUV for the purpose of everyday use, and a sports car (other than the '67) for "fast fun". I've found over the years (the SRT10, Lightning, tuned up Diesels, 5.9 Jeeps, etc) that you really can't have it both ways... not in full effect, at least. :dontknow: :eek:

Good luck in your quest. :rock: :burnout:

Black1 said:
You are absolutely right about loosing 1000lbs, Rob. :) It wouldn't take nearly the power (and $$$) to pull great numbers with these trucks if they were, say, as light as the Lightning.

And, I understand your dilemma on the truck/car thing. I've always been in the same boat. :eek: I think, in the future, I'm going to buy a truck or SUV for the purpose of everyday use, and a sports car (other than the '67) for "fast fun". I've found over the years (the SRT10, Lightning, tuned up Diesels, 5.9 Jeeps, etc) that you really can't have it both ways... not in full effect, at least. :dontknow: :eek:

Good luck in your quest. :rock: :burnout:

Oh not full effect thats impossible. Full effect is a reliable daily driver that runs 9's, that aint happnin on these trucks. Just as close as it gets is good enough for me.

robwclark said:
Oh not full effect thats impossible. Full effect is a reliable daily driver that runs 9's, that aint happnin on these trucks. Just as close as it gets is good enough for me.

Yeah, pretty close to impossible. :eek: I would be happy with a smartly-modded C6 Z06 that runs mid-10's... but, I still couldn't put a sheet of plywood in it. :dontknow: :D :argh:

robwclark said:
Here's an 06 Viper truck with OK looking 24s, I wouldnt want them too jiggy, but they look ok:

http://www.corforged.com/gallery.aspx?galleryid=8

Did you see the pics of Blackviper's 24's, pretty awesome. Look in the engine build thread in performance mods, if you care to.

I'm one of the few who doesn't like the stock wheels all that much. I've been admiring those Seneka's for a while and they have a color match that I've considered, don't know about that yet though. Might be too much. Or just too "foofy" lookin.

Best wishes on your choice.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back