which dyno is more true to actual HP ?

which dyno is more accurate to the true HP output ?

• dynojet

Votes: 11 78.6%
  • mustang

Votes: 3 21.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

moparracing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
is it dynojet or the mustang ?

i've been told by several mechanics that the mustang reads closer to true HP (dynojet's typically read higher) ?
whatcha guys think & why ?:dontknow:

Last edited:
1/4 mile times work best! dynos can be manipulated. in short dont think it matters

BurntRubber said:
1/4 mile times work best! dynos can be manipulated. in short dont think it matters
i agree with you on the 1/4 mile times, in fact i'm going tonight..... :D

but for HP accuracy without the track - which is closer to the truth ? :dontknow:

as long as you use the same dyno to track numbers it shouldnt matter. run your base run and your modded runs on the same dyno, try to use similar weather conditions.
dont think there is a definite answer on this one. how could you prove one verse the other

If you want to know what your vehicle really puts down to the ground a Mustang Dyno is the way to go but for bragging rights go to a DynoJet dyno. The reason is that Mustang dyno's load correctly the the vehicle on it like our 5K lb trucks whereas a DynoJet does not.

The answer seems to be more a "IMO"........I have read 100s of threads about this on the LX forums over the last 3 yrs.......IMO it dont matter which one you use...just be consistant and remember dynos are for tuning....the track tells the real power story...

correction factor can be manipulated...Either one can be WAY off, and either one can be down to the HP; depends on the operator.

Using a dyno as a basline, then making changes (tuning), then re dyno is what it should be used for..everything else is just a guesstimate really.

RedSrt007 said:
correction factor can be manipulated...Either one can be WAY off, and either one can be down to the HP; depends on the operator.

Using a dyno as a basline, then making changes (tuning), then re dyno is what it should be used for..everything else is just a guesstimate really.
agree with you 147%:)

RedSrt007 said:

i said the same thing in post #4, how come you get all the praise:D

I agree with everyone who says dynos are only good for tuning, new mods, etc.

moparracing said:
sounds good to me..... stick with one or the other as a tuning tool only.:)

btw, i ran a 12.7 1/4 @ PIR tonight........ :rock: videos/timeslips to come. :D

Congrats on the ET.:congrats: ...great #s......did you have the DRs on?...

TNVIPER said:
I just bought some used DRs and cant wait to give em a run down the track.....my best time has been 12.8 (before tuning which P/U another 75HP) spinning thru 1st & 2nd....
i was able to pick up 0.5 sec with my DR's.... it will definitely help you. :)
track prep is everything, though. :burnout:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back