Which PCM Upgrade is best?

DC Performance

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have had many questions about our PCM upgrades and how they compare to others on the market, I would like to clarify the differences between these and why I feel the DC Performance and Mopar Connection Calibrations offer many advantages over the rest.

There are only a few companies that actually program these controllers in house. DC Performance and B&G are the top two. If you are buying a calibration from a vendor, most likely it comes from one of these two. I think what sets DC Performance apart from everyone else is that we test and tune all of our calibrations in house on the dyno and on the track. All of our calibrations are done in house except for our Stage 2 Quad Cab calibration which we worked in conjunction with B&G on. These are done by B&G but can only be bought through DC or the Mopar Connection if you want the highest performance.

Besides our standard calibrations for all SRT models we offer race gas and custom calibrations for race cars and engines with cam, head, and injector changes. With your information we can tune your controller to your car.
For those with supercharged or turbocharged engines, we have calibrations that can really help.

We also offer custom tuning of your truck on our dyno.

Please feel free to call us if you need help. We can provide new controllers or program yours.

Dan Cragin
DC Performance Inc.
310-841-6996
dcperformance.com

Dan,
I know this, I had X-Metal's flash and loved it! With just a flash, CAI and catback, the truck ran a best of 13.3. I then started getting curious and ended up buying your flash. With the same mods, and your flash, and similar weather conditions, I ran a 13.1!!!! One other difference is that the truck always catches second gear now, and that's worth a lot!:D

Ron

WHAT DO YOU MEAN ABOUT CATCHING SECOND GEAR... I'M CURIOUS

DJCHEROKEE said:
WHAT DO YOU MEAN ABOUT CATCHING SECOND GEAR... I'M CURIOUS

That would be "barking" the rear tires!!:burnout: Spinning the tires after the tranny shifts into second..........its quite fun!!;)

DC's flash...................rules IMO!!!

patrick

best PCM upgrade? the one that's NOT a mail order tune.

would i buy a mail order PCM upgrade from DC Performance (or anybody else)? no.

would i take my SRT-10 to DC Performance and let them do a custom tune in person - on the street and on the dyno? hell yeah!

btw, how far away from KC are you guys? ;)

outnumbered said:
Dan,
I know this, I had X-Metal's flash and loved it! With just a flash, CAI and catback, the truck ran a best of 13.3. I then started getting curious and ended up buying your flash. With the same mods, and your flash, and similar weather conditions, I ran a 13.1!!!! One other difference is that the truck always catches second gear now, and that's worth a lot!:D

Ron

Was there really that much diff between x-metal and dc flash?I have x-metal and she will chirp 2nd when I get on it.That sounds all so sweet.:rock: :burnout:

Well...before Force induction and before Headers and Highflow mids...way back...I had the K&N CAI, Stock mid section, Catback and X-Metal Stage II.

My best was 12.98 106+ (55F)

With the headers and high flow mids:

12.978 107+ (85F)

I live in Florida, a little far from California, so can your PCM be installed in my 05 Quad cab by me? I am completely stock right now but have plans for complete exhaust, striker heads, cam, valve train, and cold air induction. I am a normally aspirated guy. Does Roe fabricate their own comtrollers??

prattiare said:
... Does Roe fabricate their own comtrollers??

In a word yes...they developed and use the VEC III...it is a piggyback to the pcm...it can be reprogrammed by the owner (if the owner is a techie) it has lots of flexibility...but really, just like a flashed pcm, needs a good tuner!

prattiare said:
I live in Florida, a little far from California, so can your PCM be installed in my 05 Quad cab by me? I am completely stock right now but have plans for complete exhaust, striker heads, cam, valve train, and cold air induction. I am a normally aspirated guy. Does Roe fabricate their own comtrollers??
It is just 3 screws and 3 connectors. Very easy to do and only takes 5-10 minutes.

The only hard part is when you change out your thermostat (usually done when you get your PCM). There is a 4th bolt that is a real b1tch to get to. There is a step by step procedure to do this in the DIY section (you will have to be a supporting member to get in there. You can read about becoming a supporting member and getting a cool star by your name by clicking here).

Paul

DC Performance said:
I have had many questions about our PCM upgrades and how they compare to others on the market, I would like to clarify the differences between these and why I feel the DC Performance and Mopar Connection Calibrations offer many advantages over the rest.

There are only a few companies that actually program these controllers in house. DC Performance and B&G are the top two. If you are buying a calibration from a vendor, most likely it comes from one of these two. I think what sets DC Performance apart from everyone else is that we test and tune all of our calibrations in house on the dyno and on the track. All of our calibrations are done in house except for our Stage 2 Quad Cab calibration which we worked in conjunction with B&G on. These are done by B&G but can only be bought through DC or the Mopar Connection if you want the highest performance.

Besides our standard calibrations for all SRT models we offer race gas and custom calibrations for race cars and engines with cam, head, and injector changes. With your information we can tune your controller to your car.
For those with supercharged or turbocharged engines, we have calibrations that can really help.

We also offer custom tuning of your truck on our dyno.

Please feel free to call us if you need help. We can provide new controllers or program yours.

Dan Cragin
DC Performance Inc.
310-841-6996
dcperformance.com

Dan Your right on The Money. My Flash Is Just amazing. Smooth redline shifts and awesome power through out the power band. I think with good weather and A custom catback exhaust I will be high 12's:rock: :rock:

Dan, I read a lot of what the guys on the forum post before starting any mods....wanted to have fewer wasted purchases on my SRT10 than I did on my Hemi. I talked with a rep. from B&G then with you for the Stage II for my QC. I bought from you and couldn't be more pleased with a product. I also appreciate your patience with the routine questions I've had. Service and customer focus after the sale have been great. On future upgrades requiring some custom tuning, no doubt I'll make the long drive to California.

oldguy

Dan,

Thanks for your reply. Like I said, my truck is bone stock and you have seen my list of upgrades. What order would you do the mods? Cold air intake first, followed by headers and complete exhaust, etc. I know heads, cam, and valve train would all go together. When does the PCM come into play? Partial mods may not need a stage 2, but end result will. Can we reprogram along the way with one unit? Who do you recommend as a tuner in North Florida?

Thanks!!!!!!!

The Pcm Is a Must and should be the very first mod. Everybody gets a Stage 2 and Cold air first.:rock:

I sent a PM and got no response.Guess I'll try calling.

Calling was successful and very informative !!!!!!!!!!! Thanks !!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
I have some thinking to do on this one.The B&G Stage II flash is good,(what I have now)but the DC Performance Stage II flash is supposed to be even better ( especially in keeping the engine cooler).I just have a hard time shelling out the $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ for the gains I am looking for.

What do you guys think ?

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back