Which Viper Truck year is best? 2004, 2005, 2006?

humm that is a tough one. I would want to say an 06, maybe they worked out more bugs? But I love my 04.

Not being biased :D 2006 here. Refinements made along the way helped my buying decision.

05 is best

the 04 has a dana 4.10 05 and o6 have a dana 4.56 the o6 is alittle tighter suspension, I think the interior on the 06 may be the nicest. but the flame red, 05 man trans is the fastest.:D

'05. Has the 4.56 rear, better front brakes, and easier to mod. Exhaust systems need to be modified to fit the '06s due to changed hanger locations. Headers have proven to have fittament issues on SOME '06s as well.
'04's were the first year available-collectability?
'05's had better gearing and brakes, some of the bugs worked out, introduction of the QC, highest production #
'06's had new front end, interior, suspension, again-low production, last year available- collectability?
Just pick your favorite and get it- you'll have fun any way you go.

2005 Red RC :rock::burnout::rock::burnout::rock::burnout::rock::burnout:

I bought an '06. But, if I had it to do over, I would have bought an '05. The seats in the '06 were uncomfortable and mods are harder to come by. For collectability, I would say the '06's will be most sought after since they are the most rare and different than the other two years. I would avoid the '04's. Beyond that, it's a matter of looks and colors available really. Why are you buying the truck?

Collector - choose a special edition or an '06
Doing mods - '05
Need an extra seat - '05
Need good cup holders - '06

If I were buying now, I would buy an RC and it would be a YF or CE.

04 cause when you insure it it comes up as an ram 1500, my 05 comes up as an srt10

I'm really having a hard time here. I am not a fan of the 2006 model interior or headlights. The ’06 interior lines were squared and I’m not digging the center console or arm rest in the RC’s. Not one 2006 model is pictured in the VTCoA banner either. Besides, Kevin Federline owns a Mineral Grey '06 QC.. How's that for a turn off? Ummm, that about did the ‘06 year in for me.

The '05s and ‘06s do have an improved breaking system over the ‘04s. Also the 4.56 rear end could be viewed as an improvement depending on what you use your truck for. :dontknow: But then why has so many owners changed their 4.56's to 4.88's? Better on the strip? I'm not a strip driver; I love my top end so the 4.10's are great in my book. I’m also not feeling the huge ram head in the middle of the tailgate on post '04 models.

04's are the original first years for these. I know the Year One Camaros are worth a whole lot. You never hear about Year Two's or Three's. 2005 is Year One for the YF’s; very bright and flashy but the ’05 CE’s had a lower production number making the CE the most valuable for that year. The '04s are sequenced to a limited small number and are ALL 6 speeds. In the years following my purchase onlookers (especially female) always marveled at the sight of a 6 speed shifter sticking straight up like a mean hard on. That's just macho. The ’04 line has the Banzai Blue VCA edition with only 50 built with ’04 silvers being the second most limited color for ’04.

All in all, it really depends how you approach this topic. Every person has their own reason, whether unique or similar, why certain features and aspects are more or less important. Some like the QC for its back seats or auto tranny while others enjoy slamming through gears and don’t require room for the family, friends, pets or groceries. For me, I can get into mine, turn on some tunes and hit the road if I am stressed or feeling down. Just last night I was running at 80 mph in 5th. I got brave and slammed it into 3rd gear and WOOOOOOOOO…. It was sooo exhilarating. This is the best pick-me-up, stress reliever I’ve ever bought. However, I'm certain there is great fun to be had no matter what year model you own.

Venom Power said:
Besides, Kevin Federline owns a Mineral Grey '06 QC.. How's that for a turn off? Ummm, that about did the ‘06 year in for me.

Thats the final straw... Mines for sale now...

It's all relative, some say the 05's have better brakes, but my 04 will put you thru the windshield if you aren't paying attention. Plus brake pads are easy and cheap to change to carbon metallics on an 04. A lot of 05 owners complain about brake noise. The 05's might be easier to drive with the 4:56 gearing but the 04's will get better gas mileage if that matters to you. All 04's came with polished wheels which was an option in 05 even though I have never seen any that were not polished. 05's also have a resonator in the exhaust so most owners change it. With an 04 you can also actually find out your build number.

06's are OK (Except for those hideous headlights) but I like the interior of the earlier years better. The mineral grey and the inferno red are nice colors not available in prior years.

But as I said, it's all relative and everyone will have their own opinion.

ctsrt10 said:
04 cause when you insure it it comes up as an ram 1500, my 05 comes up as an srt10

That's interesting -- the first time I took my 06 in for service, the service writier pulled my VIN and started laughing. I asked, what so funny -- his response was "your vehicle came up as a 6 cylinder DR." I laughed and then said -- "too bad the insurance company doesn't use the same data base as yours." ;)

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back