Who has the most miles on odometer ?

Only mention in his sig line is over 100k but I'm sure he's heading for 200k lol

Only mention in his sig line is over 100k but I'm sure he's heading for 200k lol
I think he parted out that Truck and said he still has the chassis after an accident .. somewhere on here it was posted I think … callin @viperhauler

I'd assume there would be some sort of rebuild to get real high mileage but I could be wrong. What are some of the first things to let go on these motors? Besides the oil cooler lines and power steering hoses of course lol.

I'd assume there would be some sort of rebuild to get real high mileage but I could be wrong. What are some of the first things to let go on these motors? Besides the oil cooler lines and power steering hoses of course lol.
No idea ,, and would depend a lot on the mods done and driving habits . Some that modified using NOS , turbo, superchargers etc . and hard driving them at the track and street have ragged out the engines or worse . Some did rebuilds using forged internals with those types of mods . Then there are the wrecked ones that never had a chance .
Some of the weak links were R/c hydraulic system and clutch , pressure plates cracked , the 48re auto trans had problems on some . Ronnie can enlighten you on those I sure and much more ! Brakes on the 05’s tended to lock up and a caliper rebuild seems to help , finding calipers for the Q/C’s is a pain and expensive .

Anyone with more than 108,000 on their truck?
OGVIPER has the most so far!

Anyone with more than 108,000 on their truck?
OGVIPER has the most so far!
mine was at 180,108 miles when a valve spring broke. It got another 9100 miles after rebuilding and the valve seat dropped into the cylinder. After that rebuild 1500 miles again into 190000 and change. However, all bearings are new, transmission, all suspension, tires, and steering, last original 06 driver's seat covers installed. Head unit speakers, valve cover and inlet hydro dipped. So basically, its done about 10000 miles :)

thewelshm

97K. Bought in May 2019 with 70K on the Odometer. It's also my daily driver.
mine was at 180,108 miles when a valve spring broke. It got another 9100 miles after rebuilding and the valve seat dropped into the cylinder. After that rebuild 1500 miles again into 190000 and change. However, all bearings are new, transmission, all suspension, tires, and steering, last original 06 driver's seat covers installed. Head unit speakers, valve cover and inlet hydro dipped. So basically, its done about 10000 miles :)

thewelshm
you have the record for sure! That's a lot of miles without to much trouble. Good to see you Paul! , i hope you're well

97K. Bought in May 2019 with 70K on the Odometer. It's also my daily driver.

that’s probably a average mileage for any daily driver vehicle 20 years old …

Last edited:

thewelshm
Wonder what the average life span of the engines are ? That a lot of mileage .

That is a tin of miles on a power house engine! I can see it all day long with a 225 slant 6

thewelshm
That's awesome! I'd like to hydro dip my valve covers they are pretty faded. Glad you are keeping that beast road worthy.

That is a tin of miles on a power house engine! I can see it all day long with a 225 slant 6
Slant sixes easily went 300k miles to forever mileage ,,, Nobody know for sure !:eek:

That's awesome! I'd like to hydro dip my valve covers they are pretty faded. Glad you are keeping that beast road worthy.
Yourself ? What exactly is the process for hydro dipping ?

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back