Why is my truck STILL pulling to the right?

kickinassrt-10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've had my truck aligned 3 times by 3 different people including Dodge Dealership, and no one can seem to figure out why it's pulling. I've had all cambers/caster checked, tie rods checked, brakes, and they all appear fine yet my truck still pulls.

It pulls at any speed and also continues to pull when I hit the brakes and let go of the wheel. It doesn't pull bad but it pulls enough to annoy me on longer rides.

I'm at a loss of what to do and it's been going on for almost 2 years now. I have a print out of my last alignment I can find and post if that helps?

I've had my truck aligned 3 times by 3 different people including Dodge Dealership, and no one can seem to figure out why it's pulling. I've had all cambers/caster checked, tie rods checked, brakes, and they all appear fine yet my truck still pulls.

It pulls at any speed and also continues to pull when I hit the brakes and let go of the wheel. It doesn't pull bad but it pulls enough to annoy me on longer rides.

I'm at a loss of what to do and it's been going on for almost 2 years now. I have a print out of my last alignment I can find and post if that helps?

See if your tires are worn .

See if you have the proper amount of air in each tire .

Forgot to mention all tires are a month old and still doing it after new tires and an alignment.

Supposedly all rods were checked and seem to be in check???

Someone mentioned to me they worked at a benz dealer and one time they had a car transported. Once it got there the car pulled, they checked it out and couldn't figure out why because everything looked good. Finally they checked the arms and there was something like a 2mm or 2cm difference in arms on each side that caused the pull. My truck was transported from North FL. on a flatbed and I'm wondering if that may have been an issue??

you may need to find an old tech somewhere, alot of the "new" techs in the feild willl set it to spec an thats it, what you may have or need is the caster set out a touch farther than the other, I have had to do it numerous times for guys that were shall we say a touch heavy:D

Lol. I'm not too heavy. They did bump it out a little to compensate for tire wear. That much has worked since all my tires are now wearing evenly, yet it still pulls.

the caster tho is the relationship of upper to lower ball joint, it really wont have an affect on tire wear , thats camber, camber is leaning in / out, will have an affect on wear, but

our trucks have sever caster anyhow, say 5.5 degrees of caster, if an arm is slightly bent, you may need to set caster on one side at 4.5 the other at 5.5, so that one tire is tilted back jsut a tad hence rollig a touch slower

not a prob, take a pic tonight and shoot it my phone and I'll take a look and try to give you some suggestions
but if the tires are good an new
toe is set correctly
camber is correct
well we may have to play out of the box a little

not a prob, take a pic tonight and shoot it my phone and I'll take a look and try to give you some suggestions
but if the tires are good an new
toe is set correctly
camber is correct
well we may have to play out of the box a little

Will do. All I know is the tires are new and filled up to the specs.

Tony is right; sometimes you need one of the old guys who can tweak it a little based on the personality of the truck. This may sound a little crazy, but did anyone check the rear axle bolts & bushings? Also, any chance it may have been hit and frame is tweaked a little?

It's pulled with old set and new set of tires so I don't think it's tire related. 3rd set of tires and each one of them has done it.

As far as been hit the truck has never been hit or damaged in any way.Never had rear bolts and bushings checked.

It would not hurt to have someone drive it down the road (one with little or no crown) while you follow in a car and see if it is crabbing as it rolls down the highway. Is it standing equal height on the front and rear from side to side?

I think the pull is from the wide front tires!! Mine is the same . The edges of the tires don't ride well in the rounded grooves in the road! Next time you drive it stay to one side or the other of your lane and find the spot that it doesn't pull as much. I used to get a sore arm from driving my 10. You will get used to finding the right spot in your lane!

is one of your calipers hanging? If you jack up the front and hand turn the wheels you can tell if one of your brake calipers are sticking. I think it is a common problem with these.

It drives as straigt as an arrow in regards from front to back and has no gangsta leans like the the F150 with a full fuel tank.:p

I replaced the driver side caliper, passenger has a little hang but apparently not enough to cause a pull. This is what 2 out of the 3 shops said.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back