Widest tires on a production car??

hawk02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just reading the article on :pcguru:Carbuzz about the 2014 Z/28 and one of the high points is the front Pirellli tires being 305, the widest front tire of any production car ever, I know we are not a "car" :dontknow:but we had that size on the front(and rear) 10 years ago:rock::rock:and I believe still the largest rim diameter ever used as OEM.......:burnout: Just saying.......carry on///

I know I was just saying we had it first.

Reminds me of those Acura LMP1 class cars. They were unique because they were the only Le Man's cars that had the same size front tires as the rear ones. I was working for Acura the time and it was a big deal for the automaker to participate in a big event like that. The car pulled HUGE G's in the corners. They did pretty well until they dropped out after a few big wins.

seb_acura3.jpg

I believe the new Viper has 355's out back! Whn I had the vette I ws running 335 in the rear and damn they were huge!

What about sending off the stock rim to have it widened for the rear, how far can you go and still be able to find tires and fit under a lowered wheel well rubbing frame etc?

Last edited:
I remember Andy working on some widened factory type wheels for us. Hella expensive though from what I remember

What about sending off the stock rim to have it widened for the rear, how far can you go and still be able to find tires and fit under a lowered wheel well rubbing frame etc?

325-40-22 fits on the stock rim, may rub if you have the rear liners as I do....

Yea! Those Viper tires are sick in the back. Looks like one continuous tire- like a big rubber drum under the car. lol

maximum grip.

Thinking 325/40-22's all the way around..........Anyone do it yet???????

I wouldn't go wider than our 305's in the front, especially up here in New England. Everyday driving would be compromised too much by bumps and grooves. Nevermind the additional torque put on our steering components! Although I wish someone made a 345/35/22 for the rear of these beasts! I wonder how much it would cost to have a set of rims widened an inch or two? And if we would have enough clearance for them?

Im planning 325 in the rear but its a pain in the ass to find tires here in Sweden >_>
Have a company ready to deliver 325 or 305 for me. Just need to find me a few tires...

LethalHemi stuffed a huge tire underneath his ram by moving the leaf springs inboard. Said it was a pretty minor thing to do.

I just texted my machine shop to see how much it would cost to have the factory wheels widened. Just my opinion, but if you are seriously gonna go wider, it would be worth ditching the stockers in favor of something lighter.

I wouldn't go wider than our 305's in the front, especially up here in New England. Everyday driving would be compromised too much by bumps and grooves. Nevermind the additional torque put on our steering components! Although I wish someone made a 345/35/22 for the rear of these beasts! I wonder how much it would cost to have a set of rims widened an inch or two? And if we would have enough clearance for them?

That's what we need to figure out how much room do we have, it's not terribly expensive to have it done.
Weldcraft wheels Widen

Last edited:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back