Will it buff out?

GutsyGecko

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well guys. The engine in my daily driver tore itself apart yesterday. So I was forced to break the 10 out of its warm spot covered in the garage. I was on a back road, doing maybe 35 mph around a corner, and hit a massive pothole. The result was the beads of both passenger side tires unseating causing instant tire deflation. To make matters worse the road was wet and gravel covered. The two drivers side tires just didn't have enough to finish making the corner. I am ashamed to say it, but I wrecked my 10. I put it into a 4' ditch and took out a barbed wire fence. The steering is definitely messed up, although the severity is unknown. The entire truck will need repainted, as well as the cab corner trim replaced. To give you an idea how far it was on its side, there are scratches from the tree I missed by inches on the roof, halfway to the driver side. It's 4 in the morning, and I've been out all night in the sleet cleaning mud and pulling the tires off to look for damage. I am a dumbass. If anyone knows the price of that trim piece I would like to know. I'm hoping there is no serious rack/frame damage.

image-17.jpg

damn man , unlucky.
could happen to any of us.

hope the damage will not cost to much.

I feel for ya' man, sorry to hear and see that. Hope everything works out, you gonna go through insurance?????????? I'd also look into why a hole that large was left unrepaired......

Yea it doesn't sound like it was your fault and your insurance should be able to help you out. Don't wait any longer. And take lots of pictures of the site, the pothole, your truck, etc.

It pains me to just look at that. I hate that happened.

Sammy's right, that could have happened to any of us.

You're not a dumbass, shit happens. It's not like you were doing 80mph showing off or something.

I hate to be this guy, but be thankful you're well enough to type out a message.

Get some sleep, and get with your insurance first thing in the morning.
Hope everything works out man, sad to see this

Shit man, sorry to hear and see this! Definitely take lots of pics of leading up to that bend, and the pot hole, an where you ended up. I got screwed once, because i bent a rim in a pot hole, and insurance wouldnt cover it because i dint get a pic of the hole, so i went back to take a pic and all the next day, and just my luck, they came and filled the hole that night. I was soooooo pissed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most important part as everyone else has said is that you walked away with no injuries other than your pride. The truck can be fixed. And No, i don't think it's gonna buff out..

Wow, sorry to see this. I've been avoiding driving my 10 becasue of shitting road conditions everywhere, and case in point here...hope you get it all resolved.

Damn bud, that does suck. I'm with the others, go take pics today before they fill that hole in. Had this happen to be but just broke a wheel and ruined a tire and I fought DOT hard and got nothing. Insurance paid up but I feel it was the damn city/ state that should've ponied up. Good lucky making her new again :(sir.

Well guys, at this point I think I'll break about even fixing it myself vs paying my deductible. That is unless there's serious front end damage. I'll find that out sometime this week. I didn't report the accident to avoid the nice ticket, not that it really matters seeing as my truck was the only property damaged. I'll post up in two hours if we can get the tires back on the rims and balanced.

Gecko, i have a good right front lower arm, good upper and any rear susp parts you need. you clearly didnt break your spindle so you aren't as bad off as you think :). I have the cladding piece, in black, but its a last resort. I hate breaking the set if i dont have to.

Looks like it's on the ground in the 1st pic, maybe beyond repair????????

It is on the ground. It in 3 pieces. It seems to just stick onto the cab corner using trim adhesive. I have a brand new upper A-arm and a tie-rod I was going to put on when it gets warmer. I might need the lower arm. I'm not sure. It's to cold to look at it. I'm just really glad there isn't a lot of body damage. Paint can be fixed. I'm just thankful it was as minor as it was. I actually went into the hole between two trees. I was about 3' from hitting one or the other instead of softly laying into the ditch.

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back