IMG_1308.jpg

IMG_1309.jpg

IMG_1310.jpg

IMG_1312.jpg

IMG_1313.jpg

IMG_1314.jpg

More to follow

man that looks like a whole lot of fun!!!! thanks for sharing:rock:

did those new vipers impress you? run better or slower than you think they would?

It was hard for me to tell if the new Vipers went faster or better than the equivalent stock older ones. I can tell you this...................

I asked Ralph Gilles on camera after completing his runs on the track of what he thought about the cars on the track. He answered by saying "I have some ideas!" When Ralph got out of the car he said that some of the ideas would be a better suspension amongst a few other ideas. You will see on the video to follow later next week.

I think overall the Viper is leaning towards more refinement in the interior and other car cosmetic options rather than concentrating on it's roots of pure performance. The car does have factory forged pistons which leads me to believe that factory superchargers might be an option. With the compression ratio of 10 - 1 it is too high for turbo's and too low for NA applications. I would love to see 2 options for the engine. One being lower compression for turbo/supercharger apps and another version being the higher compression 11.5- 1 engine for the NA guys. This car is right in the middle.

I doubt a factory forced induction viper will ever be made, at least with the v10. If they stick with the v10 I'd guess the next one will be smaller displacment with direct injection and a much higher compression ratio(around 11.5:1)

Thanks Brad

Back