Wind Tunnel time!!

BIG NANA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For all you guys that keep saying NAY to my LSR dreams, I've booked wind tunnel time in July to put all the guessing and BS to rest. I've got enough time booked to test several ride heights, 4 different rear wings, where and how to block off the grills in front and wether or not the hood scoop does or does not work. I'll take bunches of pics and I might even let one or two of you come to the runs. Maybe.. But I think it will be very interesting to see the numbers. The truck is due to come out of the computer mod shop on Tuesday, going to Gainesville Wednesday night to test the new programs and then the AirRide goes on.

Man sounds like you have made a lot of progress.

Got any pics of stuff you have already done?

Nice!! Are you testing the stock rear wing or another one? I'd be curious as to what speeds the wing becomes effective in downforce.

Dave T(BADVENM) said:
Nice!! Are you testing the stock rear wing or another one? I'd be curious as to what speeds the wing becomes effective in downforce.

432mph......:D

Do not have the stock wing anymore, do have access to one though, More of the testing will be towards no wing, then a taller Daytona truck wing, then a nascar style adjustable wing , then the true race style wing like you see on the new C.O.T. Nascar race cars or the GT style race cars.

I'm planning on trying to video tape it, it would be a very good tool for helping me to remember where the wing has to be and to show the hard evidence on wether the front hood scoop works as an intake or not.

BIG NANA said:
I'm planning on trying to video tape it, it would be a very good tool for helping me to remember where the wing has to be and to show the hard evidence on wether the front hood scoop works as an intake or not.

Always thought the hood scoop was for hot air to escape. The lower was for the intake. Hot air rises. Am I missing something?:dontknow:

BIG NANA said:
For all you guys that keep saying NAY to my LSR dreams, I've booked wind tunnel time in July to put all the guessing and BS to rest. I've got enough time booked to test several ride heights, 4 different rear wings, where and how to block off the grills in front and wether or not the hood scoop does or does not work. I'll take bunches of pics and I might even let one or two of you come to the runs. Maybe.. But I think it will be very interesting to see the numbers. The truck is due to come out of the computer mod shop on Tuesday, going to Gainesville Wednesday night to test the new programs and then the AirRide goes on.

Bud..."Damn the torpedoes, Full speed ahead." I am cheering for you!!!!!!:burnout:

Thats what I've been told too, but what happens at speeds over 150, thats the question? We'll see.

BIG NANA said:
Thats what I've been told too, but what happens at speeds over 150, thats the question? We'll see.

Looking forward to the results.....addressing side mirrors ? Multiple appointments in the tunnel ? Investigating under carriage panels ?

Yep, The stock mirrors are gone, have the calvue mirrors, will see what that does, plus no mirrors, also have a rear diffuser to try out. Lots of fun and only three hours to do it in.

Yep, I'm going to try to get as much footage as possible, but I am going to be trying to do alot with very little time.

BIG NANA said:
Yep, I'm going to try to get as much footage as possible, but I am going to be trying to do alot with very little time.

Good Luck .... Hope you succeed, can't wait to see the results ...

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back