Window switch.

Mopar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For the past couple weeks my driver side window has been hit or miss. Sometimes it would work, and sometimes it wouldnt. Finally today I got in and nothing at all. All the other windows work fine. Where do I need to start?

I haven't worked on one yet, but from my experience the driver switches on most cars get gunked up over time.

If you are mechanically inclined I would carefully take the switch apart and make sure the contacts are clean.

I have the same problem. I have taken it apart and inspected (not cleaned) it and didnt see anything out of the ordinary. I think it might just be a crappy switch panel. Seems to be a rather common issue on all Rams.

Could be a broken wire in the rubber boot between the door and the body. Hear thats a common one as well but a relatively easy fix with a soldering iron

The passenger front window doesn't go down from the pass side switch. Does on the drivers side tho... Annoying.

I pulled it apart, cleaned it and put a little more contact grease on. Still nothing, gonna look through some salvage yards this week for a new master switch.

And by the the way it's a pain in the ass to get the switch covers off the actual knobs. Take your time if anyone else is gonna do it.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back