Wing relocation kit

amoparman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Alright. Those of you who have removed their wings, or those who just don't think they'll use theirs, I need the relocation kit that came with the truck. It's the bag with the brackets and stuff in it to mount the wing up front of the bed. Mine was gone when I bought the truck and I'd like to have one. If interested of parting with yours, please PM me and we'll talk!:D

Stretch

Not sure if mine came with brackets? As for the tool, any socket wrench will work. If you do remove the wing be careful with the bolts that attach to the bed from the top...........there is a bottom piece (nut) that you can drop and loose. I have found out the hard way!! I am in the MaGuyver mode now trying to reinstall the wing!

patrick

I think Stretch is talking about the brackets that mount the wing at the front of the bed.

Bill.

Begood said:
I think Stretch is talking about the brackets that mount the wing at the front of the bed.

Bill.

Correct! I got a good look at Smoke's kit one day. There's a couple of brackets in there and I believe 4 bolts and the tool. Nice little black bag. The brackets bolt to the bed and the wing to the brackets.

Stretch

I think I am lost and I am not getting it. . . Why would you want the wing at the FRONT of the bed? :confused:

Roz-SRT said:
I think I am lost and I am not getting it. . . Why would you want the wing at the FRONT of the bed? :confused:
I have been out a couple of times and wanted to buy or pick up something that I needed to have the wing off for. Usually I take it off at home and leave it in the house, but if I'm out... that ain't going to work...

Plus, the truck is supposed to have it, I don't, so I kinda want it...

Roz-SRT said:
you need to post a bigger pic of your avatar and we will tell you:D

i was wondering what those brackets were for

mauiSRT/10 said:
be careful with the bolts that attach to the bed from the top.....
You're supposed to leave those on and simply slide the wing back. Unless you're taking them off permanently for a tonneau, it's best not to touch them.

If you do want to work with the nut, pull off the brake lights. Use a magnetic part grabber if you dropped it.

v8eater said:
You're supposed to leave those on and simply slide the wing back. Unless you're taking them off permanently for a tonneau, it's best not to touch them.

If you do want to work with the nut, pull off the brake lights. Use a magnetic part grabber if you dropped it.

I had taken them off before to shim up the wing for the tonneau to fit. One had worked itself loose and the bolt has gone bu-bye!:dontknow:

patrick

TheMoparConnection said:
good luck... that kit is none serviceable... not available through chrysler...
YEP i just went all through this with my truck! Kevan even gave me part #'s and still nothing, but then mopar75110 pm'd me and said he sold his truck and thats how i got mine! im sure someone will get in touch with you!!

TheMoparConnection said:
good luck... that kit is none serviceable... not available through chrysler...

I know. About a year ago I tried to get one through the dealership. Even had all the part numbers from Smoke's kit. They could get some of the parts individually, but they were way too expensive...

The previous owner of my truck said it did not come with it. Then one day I found the hidden compartment under the back seat. In it was the bag O goodies for all the wing stuff and the front mounting plate holder.

FlyingLow said:
The previous owner of my truck said it did not come with it. Then one day I found the hidden compartment under the back seat. In it was the bag O goodies for all the wing stuff and the front mounting plate holder.

Ah, the joy of having a back seat with special hidden compartments for smuggling built right in!:D Alas, no such luck in mine. It should have been under the center rest with the amplifier...

amoparman said:
Ah, the joy of having a back seat with special hidden compartments for smuggling built right in!:D Alas, no such luck in mine. It should have been under the center rest with the amplifier...

Someone ganked mine too.... :dontknow: :( :mad:

I did find the "secret compartment" tho! :star: :D ...... Thanks, Smoke! :burnout:

I've had my truck since new. . . Should mine have one of those kits? Mine came equipped with the factory tonneau though.

So lemme get this straight. This kit allows for "quick" removal of the SPOILER so you can load oversized things into the bed. . . ?

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back