Wondering what a 10 looks like w/a topper?

MYTRAM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Last edited:
I to dont mind the top on a QC but not the rc, and no running boards for me please! now where will i put the wing?

Chuck B said:
That is just so wrong.....

WHY ??? I've seen the Yellow Fever truck w/Topper,and I've got to say it is a most ingenious way to enjoy our truck with restricted mobility issues !!! The topper raises up,the lift swings your wheelchair out and around for you,and the most important thing of all,you get to enjoy the thing you love so much !!!I can personally see myself in the same situation in the future,and if all it takes is to equip the truck that way for my satisfaction,then you're going to be seeing the 2nd Yellow Fever with the Topper running around !!! What is WRONG,is how a number of people slammed the idea of an "SRT10 with a Topper" until they got an explanation of the reasoning behind it,then there was a lot of back peddling !!!I think it's called DARE TO BE DIFFERENT !!OK,I'm done,have a wonderful day !!!:D

6pakattack said:
WHY ??? I've seen the Yellow Fever truck w/Topper,and I've got to say it is a most ingenious way to enjoy our truck with restricted mobility issues !!! The topper raises up,the lift swings your wheelchair out and around for you,and the most important thing of all,you get to enjoy the thing you love so much !!!I can personally see myself in the same situation in the future,and if all it takes is to equip the truck that way for my satisfaction,then you're going to be seeing the 2nd Yellow Fever with the Topper running around !!! What is WRONG,is how a number of people slammed the idea of an "SRT10 with a Topper" until they got an explanation of the reasoning behind it,then there was a lot of back peddling !!!I think it's called DARE TO BE DIFFERENT !!OK,I'm done,have a wonderful day !!!:D

Would I do it? No. Do I care if someone else does? No, it's their truck and they can do as they please.

I've seen way worse.
Like an SRT-10 without a wing. Now that's just plain WRONG. :)

I haul stuff with my truck. I need certain things covered and protected from the elements and secure during my travels. Most of the time a tonneau works just fine, but for about one week each year I'll need a topper. If I post pics of what's inside when the topper is on, I think those that loathe them might see things in a new light.

Folks need to remember that these are trucks. And unlike a Subaru Justy, they're designed to HAUL.
Whether it be lumber, bags of concrete, egos, or ass.

BTW- those aren't even real running boards.
They're nerf bars.
If the guy takes 'em off, he has a 9000% better chance of selling his truck. LOL

Oh, and the guy who has the YF QC with the wheelchair lift: S....L....I....C....K!

bigike said:
I to dont mind the top on a QC but not the rc, and no running boards for me please! now where will i put the wing?

I would put the wing back on the cap..
steve

not for me but the dude that has the wheelchair and the SRT, that's bad ass!!!

I agree, its not the most pleasing to look at but it does have function for a QC. I like Steve's idea of putting the wing back on the cap. That was great... Shows a sense of humor and wit.

Wonder if it would work?

Okay sports fans, don't be surprised if you see one on mine in the coming months.:eek:

A topper would be a great way to accommodate the rear supports of a roll cage, figuring you'd lose the rear window on an RC. Perhaps better still, the fact that it conceals the roll cage for stealth.:D

6pakattack said:

Hey, to each there own but frankly I'd go so far as to say having the V10 in a QC is wrong as well. Then again the first mod I did was remove the wing. Call me a misguided purest. :eek: :rock:

not recommended in the owners manuel----the sleeper from beyond

Might as well put racks on it with ladders... Jeez....

Paint lettering on the side too..

Actually saw an 05 QC used for work with signs painted on the doors once...

Its like smudging a picasso... :(

05QCViper said:
not recommended in the owners manuel----the sleeper from beyond
No mention of a topper anywhere in the Owners Manual.

Page 128 of the 2005 Owners Manual:

"SLIDE IN-CAMPERS:
DO NOT use slide-in campers on SRT-10 models.
"

Remember that there is a major difference between a slide-in camper and a topper. Slide-in campers are heavy as hell; toppers are usually 200 lbs. or less.

SRT-11 said:
not for me but the dude that has the wheelchair and the SRT, that's bad ass!!!

Yep... His YF looked pretty good.... first one I had seen with a topper. Neat rig for his chair as well. For some reason I thought his looked "beefier":dontknow: maybe he had nerf bars, running boards, or other exterior mods on it...:hmmmm: That or I'm just nuckin futz:shot: Either one.
Should be a pic around here somewhere....:dontknow:
Topper would be real interesting on a RC:idea: :damnmate: :banghead: :y:

Found it...

http://www.vtcoa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5365&page=2&highlight=topper

Last edited:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back