Would like to have your opinion on vehicles

Troy's QC SRT

Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you were to get a newer truck (not brand new and besides a SRT-10 or any other performance truck), what would you get and why? I need something i can tow with. Not towing huge stuff but maybe a 8x20 enclosed trailer. I'm more interested in pick-ups, been thinking about a diesel but a larger gasser is fine. What are the pros and cons of gassers versus diesels? and between the major American brands ( dodge, ford, chevy)

My roommate has a 06 Chevy 2500 Duramax Diesel. He bought it brand new in 2005 and put a 6+" lift on it with 20" rims and 35" mud tires. We have a enclosed trailer that we use to tow our race cars and quads with. Truck is pretty decent on MPG with or without trailer on it. He has had it for about 6 years now (130k miles on her now)and not one problem with it besides having to change out batteries one time. Trucks are awesome for towing and look great too. Cant beat that Allison tranny in them!!!! Cool thing about the chevys too is they feel like a car when you drive them. My father in law has the dodge cummins and i dont like the way they feel when towing heavy loads at all and since he has the same tranny as us he has had to have the tranny rebuilt twice now with 150K miles.

3500 dodge with 5.9 or 6.7 u can't kill does motors . And if u want to go rebuild that truck if fear price on a parts .

I would go with a Diesel for one, due to many factors like mileage while towing and not, power/TORQUE, can idle with A/C going for comfort while loading/unloading, and dollar for dollar diesel is more effiecient than gasoline.
Chevy or Dodge IMO till Ford gets the bugs worked out (if ever)
The old 94.5 -99ish Power Strokes were the shiznit for sure even untuned. The 5 speeds would run like bats outta hell (BOOSTED 7.3) Same years Dodge Cummins would be the bees knees as well. If newer than those, still same manufacturers IMO. ;)

im pretty much set on a diesel... just think i need to go to the dealer and do some test drives.... i know i want used but not to used....

:aetsch: Tow with your QC

:aetsch: Tow with your QC

it sucks to tow with our SRT's...man i get about 10.5 mph with no weight..... and it felt like crap while towing a small trailer.... i know adding helper bags would help but the SRT just wasn't made with towing in mind...

IMG_0896.jpg

Last edited:
im pretty much set on a diesel... just think i need to go to the dealer and do some test drives.... i know i want used but not to used....

Just remember, Diesel is a MILLION mile motor so dont get 100k mile scare ya because 100k means its barley broken in lol. My buddy just sold his 04 duramax with 250k and that things engine and tranny felt great still.

Weird. Mine tows my boat just fine. You can tell it is there, and the gas sucks, but still tows it :D

Just remember, Diesel is a MILLION mile motor so dont get 100k mile scare ya because 100k means its barley broken in lol. My buddy just sold his 04 duramax with 250k and that things engine and tranny felt great still.

i want a newer one for the new age gadgets, shiny buttons that do things i will more likely not use and comfort

is it gonna be your daily driver? or just to tow things? i've got a 95 f-250 with the powerstroke and a 5speed 4x4. It gets 18mpg and the only trouble i've had with it wasn't it's fault(250K mile turbo wasn't meant to run..however fast the truck goes, speed-o only goes to 85 for that long:elefant:) and the best part is its CHEAP(for a diesel) to fix it if it does break. also all the gadgets you want on the newer ones is just more crap to break, kinda like my old ladys 03 tahoe Z71 just puts itself into 4x4 or low range when ever it gets a wild hair up its ass. i like things simple:rock:

is it gonna be your daily driver? or just to tow things? i've got a 95 f-250 with the powerstroke and a 5speed 4x4. It gets 18mpg and the only trouble i've had with it wasn't it's fault(250K mile turbo wasn't meant to run..however fast the truck goes, speed-o only goes to 85 for that long:elefant:) and the best part is its CHEAP(for a diesel) to fix it if it does break. also all the gadgets you want on the newer ones is just more crap to break, kinda like my old ladys 03 tahoe Z71 just puts itself into 4x4 or low range when ever it gets a wild hair up its ass. i like things simple:rock:

it will be a daily driver forsure and tow a trailer whenever i go to the track

wow WTF did you do to your springs man:dontknow:

:dontknow:.... iv'e been meaning to make a post about it to see what people thought would cause this but just hasn't had the time..... I will say that they were perfect before the first time i went to the track about a month ago....

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back