Would like to have your opinion on vehicles

:dontknow:.... iv'e been meaning to make a post about it to see what people thought would cause this but just hasn't had the time..... I will say that they were perfect before the first time i went to the track about a month ago....

probably just lost their arch, looks like you took a few of the leafs out? and for a daily/tow truck i'd get a 2003-2006 5.9 cummins with the 6speed, plenty comfy(for me anyway) and still pretty simple. also my bro-in-laws chipped 06 2WD 6speed gets 24mpg, and moms 06 4x4 auto gets like 19ish mpg

Looks like they were overloaded forsure. That of you said after you went to that track so when you launched they had a lot of weight on them kinda like overloaded them. I would put the stock overload spring on the next set lol. I heard the belltech leaf springs work great though!! i have beltech springs up front and makes for a awesome ride

Looks like they were overloaded forsure. That of you said after you went to that track so when you launched they had a lot of weight on them kinda like overloaded them. I would put the stock overload spring on the next set lol. I heard the belltech leaf springs work great though!! i have beltech springs up front and makes for a awesome ride

that maybe it because i have QA1's and set them soft to help with weight transfer..... but it rides kinda crappy now not to mention the "other problems" im having.....

Nevermind just looked up belltech looks like they dont offer it for srt10. only for the hemi which is different since srt10 leaf goes on the bottom of the axle where as the hemi leafs run on top of the axle. Maybe just try getting used set of stock leafs and this time use the load spring

BTW how do you like your caltrac bars? ive been looking into them but my buddy is a fabricator and he wants to just make some custom for my truck

Wow, no my springs do NOT look like that :confused:

yep i took the overload springs off too on mine but doesnt squat as much as yours bro , looks like you had them dearched or something ... my truck really rides smooth but cant handle too much weight in the bed or tongue wieght ... also you can feel that axle squirm badly when lauching hard .. i would suggest airbags bro .. or you can get a power wagon:elefant::rock:

Nevermind just looked up belltech looks like they dont offer it for srt10. only for the hemi which is different since srt10 leaf goes on the bottom of the axle where as the hemi leafs run on top of the axle. Maybe just try getting used set of stock leafs and this time use the load spring

they go over the top of the axel on the QC's, under on the RC's:)

from what i have been told its much lighter because it doesnt have that 3rd shock. i belive its a dana 60 though.....not 100% sure though. Its the stock rear end from the truck. My truck is a hemi but i did the engine swap and put the srt10 in there.

from what i have been told its much lighter because it doesnt have that 3rd shock. i belive its a dana 60 though.....not 100% sure though. Its the stock rear end from the truck. My truck is a hemi but i did the engine swap and put the srt10 in there.

nah the shock dosent really look like it'd add much weight, it just bolts the the rear diff. cover.

nah the shock dosent really look like it'd add much weight, it just bolts the the rear diff. cover.

yeah thats true i guess its just a different cover on the housing. Cool thing about weight on my truck is the frame. ive been told my frame is ALOT lighter then the accual srt10 frame.

Nope, them springs ain't dearched, they are fubared!! Looks like the lowering kit is missing a plate right where the spring warped? Those springs are wrapping up on launch and whatnot. I agree to leave the overload spring in next time.;)
srtdropkit.jpg

It doesn't look like your axle pad is even touching the spring pak? Might check it all out. I see the bracket I was speaking of but looks a bit thin? What kit is this?:dontknow:

I have no kit on it at all that i know off....just drop shackles and the overload leaf springs removed....i got really bad axle wrap before caltracs but the springs were messed up before the caltracs or before i went to the track......two nights at the 1/8 mile and this is what they look like now....... anybody have any spare oem leaf springs laying around....

i've been towing a trailer for the last 4 years with my truck...my springs don't look like that...

work.jpg

even had it loaded several times like this...

photo.jpg

yea i need new springs and have to keep the overload leaf in this time....

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back