Would You Shoot?

How would you vote if you were on the jury?

• Guilty of murder

Votes: 13 19.7%
  • Not guilty

Votes: 38 57.6%
  • Guilty but of a lessor charge than murder

Votes: 15 22.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Personally I wouldn't, I don't have a gun. We are talking about Texas though and the attitude down there is a little different than what most of us might think or do.

Personally I would have taken as much video of the thieves as possible and sent it to all the news channels. In my area the cops would have been there pretty quickly, but I can understand this persons frustration with law enforcement.

-jeff

Sad to say but that guy should have listened to the dispatcher, then write down the plate #.

Shooter should be in jail...imo

"bang...your dead" what a nut

I am willing to bet the robbers were not white like the shooter ;) :D Also willing to bet that had they been white no shots would have been fired. The clip does not say that for some reason, I need more info on this :nurse:

TheSickness said:
I am willing to bet the robbers were not white like the shooter ;) :D Also willing to bet that had they been white no shots would have been fired. The clip does not say that for some reason, I need more info on this :nurse:
so your saying whites are more apt to shoot first, and blacks are more likly to rob white people's homes? Just want to get that clear. I would have shot the MF's too!!! I dont care what race they were!! If they were kids "under 10/12" i would have aimed for the legs!
And how long does it take to get police out there!! he said he had a shotgun! I think the dispatcher droped the ball!! BUT HEY WTF DO I KNOW!! Kill em all and let god sort em out!!! Semper FI, and happy belated birthday!!

If more people would do what he did, there would be less burglary. If the burglas know the ramifications, maybe they wouldn't be there in the first place. I love vigilantes :rock: :rock: :rock:

In California you get 5 years for burglary/home invasion which equates to over 125K in taxpayers money to put the scumbucket in prison not counting court costs, appeals, frivilous motions etc. Just waste them and get it over with.

I even heard that somewhere in Georgia you have to wear a gun or you get a ticket??? I bet they don't have much burglary there :dontknow:

Here we have to invite them in and then shoot em :D :D :D You can't just drag em in any more the CSI are to good these days :elefant: :elefant:

devildog02 said:
so your saying whites are more apt to shoot first, and blacks are more likly to rob white people's homes? Just want to get that clear. I would have shot the MF's too!!! I dont care what race they were!! If they were kids "under 10/12" i would have aimed for the legs!
And how long does it take to get police out there!! he said he had a shotgun! I think the dispatcher droped the ball!! BUT HEY WTF DO I KNOW!! Kill em all and let god sort em out!!! Semper FI, and happy belated birthday!!
Then again you are in Iowa right ;) :D

devildog02 said:
He didn't mention a color :p :p :p

I should stay out of this, I think burglars should be shot on sight and the remains placed on the door step of juvenile detention centers for review

Most laws dictate that deadly force can only be used when confronted with deadly force..... In other words, if a deadly threat is imminent (someone coming at you to kill you) then you have the right to use deadly force against them....

This guy was repeatedly told by the police dispatcher to stay in his house... he repeatedly insisted on shooting the perps.... He was both right and wrong.... He was right to want to defend his neighbors property, but he was wrong to kill the escaping burglars.... That is, unless they came at him with a weapon... I wasn't there and didn't see what happened at that point...

The audio tape evidence will hurt the man with the shotgun... He really sounds like he has a hardon for these guys....and he did disobey the directions of the police dispatcher on the phone....

I can't render a verdict without more evidence, but this thing went bad because the PR was a hot head......

That's my opinion......

D

Wifey said:
He didn't mention a color :p :p :p
your right!! My mistake! Im not trying to be a jerk, I Just HATE Theives!! And the high school kids who cut up and steal my parents decorations. Dad will be in prison if he catches them:(

Django said:
Most laws dictate that deadly force can only be used when confronted with deadly force..... In other words, if a deadly threat is imminent (someone coming at you to kill you) then you have the right to use deadly force against them....

This guy was repeatedly told by the police dispatcher to stay in his house... he repeatedly insisted on shooting the perps.... He was both right and wrong.... He was right to want to defend his neighbors property, but he was wrong to kill the escaping burglars.... That is, unless they came at him with a weapon... I wasn't there and didn't see what happened at that point...

The audio tape evidence will hurt the man with the shotgun... He really sounds like he has a hardon for these guys....and he did disobey the directions of the police dispatcher on the phone....

I can't render a verdict without more evidence, but this thing went bad because the PR was a hot head......

That's my opinion......

D
The news reporter said under TX law it is legal to use deadly force to defend your property. The question here is whether he had the right to defend his neighbor's property.

That was his borrowed jewelry the guy was runnin off with

Wifey said:
The news reporter said under TX law it is legal to use deadly force to defend your property. The question here is whether he had the right to defend his neighbor's property.

I hear ya.....

That's why I said i couldn't render a verdict... I don't have enough facts....

I don't believe that you should take another person's life for theft....

I'm held accountable by a higher court than (that of) the state of Texas.

Don't get me wrong, under the proper circumstances I will take a life. But I refuse to squander it without righteous cause.....

D

I wish everyone observed, recognized and obeyed that court

just happy to say there are less people to worry about stealing from u if u are in texas :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back