Would You Shoot?

How would you vote if you were on the jury?

• Guilty of murder

Votes: 13 19.7%
  • Not guilty

Votes: 38 57.6%
  • Guilty but of a lessor charge than murder

Votes: 15 22.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Django said:
I hear ya.....

That's why I said i couldn't render a verdict... I don't have enough facts....

I don't believe that you should take another person's life for theft....

I'm held accountable by a higher court than (that of) the state of Texas.

Don't get me wrong, under the proper circumstances I will take a life. But I refuse to squander it without righteous cause.....

D
Just for the sake of pickin at ya, ;)

Righteous cause in whose opinion?? :dontknow: :dontknow:

Django said:
Most laws dictate that deadly force can only be used when confronted with deadly force..... In other words, if a deadly threat is imminent (someone coming at you to kill you) then you have the right to use deadly force against them....

This guy was repeatedly told by the police dispatcher to stay in his house... he repeatedly insisted on shooting the perps.... He was both right and wrong.... He was right to want to defend his neighbors property, but he was wrong to kill the escaping burglars.... That is, unless they came at him with a weapon... I wasn't there and didn't see what happened at that point...

The audio tape evidence will hurt the man with the shotgun... He really sounds like he has a hardon for these guys....and he did disobey the directions of the police dispatcher on the phone....

I can't render a verdict without more evidence, but this thing went bad because the PR was a hot head......

That's my opinion......

D

Have to agree with you.Deadly force is used to defend yourself or others from imminent threat to life.It is NOT legal to shoot escaping thieves.I hate a thief,but you can't shoot them while running away.

He shouldn't be guilty of murder,but a lesser charge.Maybe of being stupid ?:D

Premeditated murder!

This guy is a pure nut case. Period.

He needs to be locked up forever.

Django said:
I hear ya.....

That's why I said i couldn't render a verdict... I don't have enough facts....

I don't believe that you should take another person's life for theft....

I'm held accountable by a higher court than (that of) the state of Texas.

Don't get me wrong, under the proper circumstances I will take a life. But I refuse to squander it without righteous cause.....

D

This is why I love this man!

Rational and realistic...now if I could just get him to back Hillary.

TheSickness said:
I am willing to bet the robbers were not white like the shooter ;) :D Also willing to bet that had they been white no shots would have been fired. The clip does not say that for some reason, I need more info on this :nurse:

And the point of that is? :dontknow: Apart from your caveman mentality. Who cares if they were black, white, red, yellow or blue!

HOT RAM said:
Have to agree with you.Deadly force is used to defend yourself or others from imminent threat to life.It is NOT legal to shoot escaping thieves.I hate a thief,but you can't shoot them while running away.

He shouldn't be guilty of murder,but a lesser charge.Maybe of being stupid ?:D
In Texas it is completely legal to shot a burgler thats running away, in fact you can case him and shot him. It's all part on "protecting your property." This guy will not be charged, had he shot and injured someone he would be in jail; there is only one side to the story now. I live 10 miles from where it happen maybe that will make the next guy think twice...

In Florida the law states that you can defend yourself, or anyone that you witness being threatened. Meaning: If you see someone who looks like they could hurt someone, you can shoot them. And it doesn't matter if they are trying to get away.

In this case, I think he may have gone a little too far. Certainly his words as he pulled the trigger are not a good sign of his thought processes. He never mentioned if the thieves had a weapon, and I don't know if I believe stealing something is worth killing someone over. Even though I do hate a thief!

In Mississippi you can shoot to protect you or your property. In the last couple of months there have been 5 home invasions/car thefts and the owners saved the courts and taxpayers money by getting rid of the problem. Also we don't have to have a permit to have a handgun in our vehicle or home. Just like the old days!!

when i was in class the teacher (retired texas marshall) taught us "if your going to shoot,shoot to kill" for two reasons....the perp can't retaliate (by grabbing his or your gun) and he can't be at the grand jury hearing to defend himself.;) (can't sue you either)

SANCHOBA said:
when i was in class the teacher (retired texas marshall) taught us "if your going to shoot,shoot to kill" for two reasons....the perp can't retaliate (by grabbing his or your gun) and he can't be at the grand jury hearing to defend himself.;) (can't sue you either)
Samething I was taught, he was a retired DPS trooper he said he had shot 6 people in his life, not one ever testifyed agaist him...

MYuGiOh Motorsports said:
I should stay out of this, I think burglars should be shot on sight and the remains placed on the door step of juvenile detention centers for review
Amen to that.

A thief is a thief they are not going to change. Putting them in jail will prolly make no difference except that we can pay for yet another low life to live an easy life behind bars. I say he should have left both of them sucking air from larger holes in there chest's.

I hate a thief. I like the way he handled it. That tape is going to be his undoing. It sounded like he had intent from the moment the police dispatcher picked up the phone. He was warned numerous times not to go out. With all that "Hear that shotgun click" nonsense, he sensationalized what he was about to do. He would have been better off just offing the thieves and then calling 911 for the cleanup.

He stated on the tape that, when he went outside, one of the assailants came into his front yard. If that's true, then it's legal.... The other assailant was stated to be running down the street. :dontknow: Not sure about that one. ..... But, I tell ya what, that old coot was good with a shot gun! :eek:

Tough call on this one. :confused:

Black1 said:
He stated on the tape that, when he went outside, one of the assailants came into his front yard. If that's true, then it's legal.... The other assailant was stated to be running down the street. :dontknow: Not sure about that one. ..... But, I tell ya what, that old coot was good with a shot gun! :eek:

I wonder if they have stipulations on where the bodies lie. If they're both in the neighbors yard, it would be kinda hard to explain how you shot one of them in your yard (unless just over the property line). NC has some stupid laws. One is. You can shoot someone trying to break into your house but once they're in you can't shoot them.:dontknow:

Black1 said:

3 Shots, Not that good:D :D :D :D :p ;) :nurse: :nurse: :elefant: :elefant:

SilvrSRT10 said:
I wonder if they have stipulations on where the bodies lie. If they're both in the neighbors yard, it would be kinda hard to explain how you shot one of them in your yard (unless just over the property line). NC has some stupid laws. One is. You can shoot someone trying to break into your house but once they're in you can't shoot them.:dontknow:

CSI can find out EXACTLY where you shot a person.... they look for spatter. ;)

The shooter was wrong . A life isn't worth some TV set or jewels. He could have taken them down without killing them.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back