Would You Shoot?

How would you vote if you were on the jury?

• Guilty of murder

Votes: 13 19.7%
  • Not guilty

Votes: 38 57.6%
  • Guilty but of a lessor charge than murder

Votes: 15 22.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Prof said:
Wonderful subject...being discussed maturely by friends...very, very, enjoyable.

Except for #75...

Cough, cough...

Agreed prof:)

I have enjoyed reading this thread while watching the OK vs TT game.

Go Red Raiders:) I think.

-jeff

Django said:
I just find it very curious how easily some people talk about taking another man's life as if they're taking the wrapper off a fkn candy bar....

Killing someone is as easy as squeezing the trigger..... Living with it is the hard part.

I've seen big badass cops shoot a man at close range and it fkd their heads up so bad that they threw up spontaneously..... They couldn't help it..... It just happens... Especially to good men with a conscience.... Then they spend the next week not sleeping..... or crying for no fkn reason.... while they're playing with their kids...

I don't care how much the bad guy deserved it..... It stays with you for life....

Human life isn't a fkn piece-a Kleenex..... All life is sacred....

D

D, I can't even chose any single statement in your post for me to use as a quote because it's all so true. Once you've extinguished a life I don't care who you are or how you THINK you would rejoice in such an act, that decision will disturbingly live on in your mind no matter what you project on the outside. Again, I am in no way condoning the burglary of anyone's property but such power to kill must encompass accepting the great weight of responsibility... In other words, your fkn ass better be right before that trigger is pulled.

QClikeKW said:
Yeah, make an example out of him, it works so well when dealing with criminals in general.I have noticed that crime has almost stopped in my lifetime probably due to tougher sentences etc. But please don't expect me not to shoot you in the head as well as your body if I catch you stealing my $20 dollar alarm clock and have a firearm handy even if it makes me feel bad later unless of course you are a white person and then you can just steal everything I have and it won't even make me mad.

Crime has almost STOPPED in your lifetime? Where do you live Mayberry?

Django said:
I just find it very curious how easily some people talk about taking another man's life as if they're taking the wrapper off a fkn candy bar....

Killing someone is as easy as squeezing the trigger..... Living with it is the hard part.

I've seen big badass cops shoot a man at close range and it fkd their heads up so bad that they threw up spontaneously..... They couldn't help it..... It just happens... Especially to good men with a conscience.... Then they spend the next week not sleeping..... or crying for no fkn reason.... while they're playing with their kids...

I don't care how much the bad guy deserved it..... It stays with you for life....

Human life isn't a fkn piece-a Kleenex..... All life is sacred....

D

That is what most people just don't get : you have to live with it.Most of those that take it so lightly have never had the misfortune of taking a life.

That clip was absolutely revolting. I don't care what the law is anywhere (I live in Houston), that was MURDER. This guy literally took the law into his own hands. Who knows what penalty the theives (I hate theives also) would have gotten if they got caught, but it would NOT have been the death sentence. What gives this crazy m**&%$ f$%*@# the right KILL? That is not right. If you take it to the extreme, it would be like saying I have the right to chop your freakin leg off for a speeding ticket. This guy was told to stay inside out of harms way. I don't know the details, but if he was in danger, it was as a result if his own stupidity. And if stupidity entitles someone to commit murder, then we probably won't last very long. In addition, the comments about "hear that clicking, its my shotgun" or whatever it was, that absolutely shows this guy's intent. Very wrong.

To my suprise even after injecting race into the arguement it has remained civil :D But I stand by what I posted as I am certain had the perp's been white, no harm would have come to them. People need to mind their own bloody business.....Too bad that seems to be a lost art anymore :D

TheSickness said:
To my suprise even after injecting race into the arguement it has remained civil :D But I stand by what I posted as I am certain had the perp's been white, no harm would have come to them. People need to mind their own bloody business.....Too bad that seems to be a lost art anymore :D

Maybe we are all becoming more mature ?:D

I have to agree with ya about too many people just can't mind their own business.They probably never heard that old Hank Williams song.;)

To me.. its less crooks on the street. I personally have been robbed 3 times, 2 times in Iowa when I lived there and one time here in Arizona.

My time in Iowa I was driving through a Hardees parking lot and was surrounded by a gang of blacks and mexicans, they did $12k in damages to the car with lead pipes, and baseball bats, and then hit me in the face with brass knuckles.

2nd time in Iowa my car was broken into, and they stole the audio system, my friend in Iowa also had it happen to him, there were 4 of them, 2 held him in his house captive while the other two took his stuff out of his car in front of him.

In Az, my old Ford dually was robbed and vandalized in my driveway, taking all my CDs, destroyed the dash, (2) 2-way radios, and a host of other stuff.

So, me I have zero feelings for theives, white, black, pink, purple, yellow, red, orange, whatever skin color, nationality, race, I dont care who they are... they all deserve to die a horrible death... period...

Most of these poeple that are liberal on the subject have never had it happen to them so they dont know what it feels like to have it happen... thats my story and I am sticking to it...

Now here in AZ, I own 4 firearms, a 9MM Glock, a 22 Berretta, and 45 S&W, and Colt AR-15 H-Bar. I also have my concealed weapons permit.

I am not saying that I would shoot them on sight, I might approach them with my firearm drawn and chambered, order them to stop, and if they turn and approach me.. then I will light them up... if they just turn and run... I will get their plate numbers... but most thieves are dumb asses, and will try and attack the person telling them to stop...

To me its gods selection of keeping the good, and getting rid of the worthless...

I think the caller totally screwed up calling 911.. that is, if his intention was to kill from the start. If you call a 911 dispatcher for help you must be prepared to do exactly what the dispatcher suggests no matter how much you didn't agree. Those folks sit there and take emergency calls for a living. His acting in contrary to the dispatcher's advise was his most crucial mistake. BUT had he not called, done his "deed" THEN called, he would have stood a better chance with a defense stating he was outside and was going to be attacked by the two perps as they were fleeing the scene. The question may have come up asking why he was outside at that moment with his shotgun, but the average attorney would have gotten him off that sticky paper.. I mean, this is TX for crying out loud. There's all kinds of reasons why one would be outside with a shotgun in any Houston neighborhood. So much reasonable doubt would have existed that he would have received a slap on the wrist at the very most. Nope, the old timer came this far in his natural born life just to make a stupid mistake about a couple slime balls; and HE is likely the one in trouble. Aitn't that a bitch?

I'd like to take this opportunity to convey my gratitude to all who have commented thus far and keeping this touchy topic civil. The members of the VTCoA deserve a round of applause.:congrats: *sob*.. :( My, have we grown.. I'm so proud *whimper*.. Okay, I need a Kleenex...

NZ440R/T said:
And the point of that is? :dontknow: Apart from your caveman mentality. Who cares if they were black, white, red, yellow or blue!

Amend. I not once did I think of color when I was listening to the video.

A thief is someone that just doesn't steal your property, but they also violate your sense of security.

I would have disabled the crooks vehicles, and waited to see where it would go from there. Shoot first and ask question later only set him up for some long days in court, and he just may end up in jail for his "Walking Tall" mentality.

thought this would fit into the discussion:

NowForTh.jpg

"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not."
~ Thomas Jefferson

FIREARMS REFRESHER COURSE

1. An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject.

2. A gun in the hand is better than a cop on the phone.

3. Colt: The original point and click interface.

4. Gun control is not about guns; it's about control.

5. If guns are outlawed, can we use swords?

6. If guns cause crime, then pencils cause misspelled words.

7. Free men do not ask permission to bear arms.

8. If you don't know your rights, you don't have any.

9. Those who trade liberty for security have neither.

10. The United States Constitution (c)1791. All Rights Reserved.

11. What part of "shall not be infringed" do you not understand?

12. The Second Amendment is in place in case the politicians ignore the others.

13. 64,999,987 firearms owners killed no one yesterday.

14. Guns only have two enemies; rust and politicians.

15. Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety.

16. You don't shoot to kill; you shoot to stay alive.

17. 911: Government sponsored Dial-a-Prayer.

18. Assault is a behavior, not a device.

19. Criminals love gun control; it makes their jobs safer.

20. If guns cause crime, then matches cause arson.

21. Only a government that is afraid of its citizens tries to control them.

22. You have only the rights you are willing to fight for.

23. Enforce the gun control laws we ALREADY have; don't make more.

24. When you remove the people's right to bear arms, you create slaves.

25. The American Revolution would never have happened with gun control.
file000.jpg
file001.jpg

SANCHOBA said:

NowForTh.jpg

~ Thomas Jefferson

file000.jpg
file001.jpg

AMEN !

:dito: :dito: :dito: :dito: :dito: :dito: :dito: :dito: :dito: :dito: :dito: :dito: :dito: :dito:

Desert Viper said:
The question is not if I would shoot, it's what would I shoot them with.:dontknow:

:rock:

Nice mini arsenal.... I firmly believe in our right to bear arms...... although those rights have been severely limited by the pinko scumbags that Californians have elected to govern us....

But, this seems to have digressed into a gun control issue instead of a "when to shoot" discussion....

The right to protect yourself by owning firearms in no way instantaneously imbues (upon the gun owner) the requisite judiciousness and clarity (that is critically) neccesary to properly operate firearms in a crisis.....Gun opponents often state that many gun owners are reckless kooks who are actually more of a danger to society because they lack the proper judgement as to when and when not to shoot.... And assholes like the guy on the phone only serve to provide even more evidence that some gun owners are truly little more than savages who do pose a danger to society....

Conversely, if we are to live in a truly free society we must take that risk.....

Perhaps there should be a more stringent criteria for gun ownership.... Such as a psychological examination and a crticial scenario test to determine whether or not an applicant is sufficiently mature and properly skilled (or schooled) in the mechanics of warfare..... Afterall, that's exactly what this is...

But, the Constitution says that (with certain amended exceptions) we have the right to own guns...... Still, some people (like this geezer on this 911 tape) should be required by law to pass a more stringent education and testing process before being turned loose on society.....

Then again, people will always be able to bypass the system and obtain firearms on the black market, too.....

Welcome to America, where maintaining true freedom is a constantly evolving process.

D

Desert Viper said:
The question is not if I would shoot, it's what would I shoot them with.:dontknow:

:rock:

WOW Huckleberry, that's quite a collection. I wouldn't want to be the mailman for your neighborhood. Bearing arms is an American Constitutional right. Of course people tend to twist the Constitution around a bit so that it reads differently on their behalf. But to protect your self, home, property, family... that's very important and supported 100%. Often it is difficult to think straight when confronted with an opportunity to protect using deadly force. Emotions and adrenaline are factored in and tend to cloud the mind. To think clearly and react responsibly is difficult to put the two together. Unfortunate for Joe Horn that won't be enough for a defense.

I see that recent statements made by Horn's attorney (his friend of more than 40 years) is painting a picture of Horn being a good guy, and "not well mentally." Typical attorney gibberish. He also said Horn was so remorseful about the shootings, that he didn't mean to go through with after loading and cocking his shotgun, that he was crying unconsolably during their conversations before leaving town with his family. Personally I think he was crying because it wasn't the open shut case he thought it would be. Also, one of the burglars, whom he said he wasn't shooting to "kill" with the three rounds he got off, was shot in the back and neck... The other was the torso and arm.... so much for the self defense story.:dontknow: I still say if he planned on putting down a couple slime ball burglars he should have called 911 AFTER they laid dead on the ground. He would have stood a better chance then.

SANCHOBA said:

NowForTh.jpg

~ Thomas Jefferson

file000.jpg
file001.jpg

we are alot alike bro:rock:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back