Wrecked the 10

Bone said:
Don't rule out insurance for the mods or part of the mods. Depending on the insurance company and your policy, it is possible for them to pay for the mods.

I brought this up years ago with my company about getting more insurance to cover the money (mods) I put in my vehicle. They told me to document the mods (receipts) and I have given them copies of most of my bigger mods. Knock on wood, I haven't had to follow up on any claim.

Obviously, your insurance copy and the relationship you have with them will affect the outcome.

My Hemi was jsut wrecked and I had over 7k in mods on that and didnt get reimbursed for not one and I have all the reciepts.....They told me that they have to be bought and installed within the past 2 years....Most of my major mods where not:( .....And Brad....I had USAA...never again for insurance, im back with progressive now:rock:

LoveThisTruck said:
:dito: USAA:rock:

Glad you are OK man. Good luck!

Dito - i have USAA as well and they paid out for mods

Troy's QC SRT said:
Where the reciepts within 2 years old?

and older..... as long as i could produce the reciepts they didnt have a problem....

same with my truck - that why i have the extra covage on it and race car inc,

I have been out of town since last wednesday and got home late last night so just a little update: alot of guys had PMed me and i thank everybody! As of this morning they have an offer for me but have been playing tag with the ins co, so i need to get that part taken care of first then i will decide on fixing it or buying it back and stripping it. I know it's just a truck but after 5 years of building on it and a shitload of money it just plain sucks! I'll let you know what the offer is when i fing out.
Thanks
Ernie

IH8CHVYS said:
I have been out of town since last wednesday and got home late last night so just a little update: alot of guys had PMed me and i thank everybody! As of this morning they have an offer for me but have been playing tag with the ins co, so i need to get that part taken care of first then i will decide on fixing it or buying it back and stripping it. I know it's just a truck but after 5 years of building on it and a shitload of money it just plain sucks! I'll let you know what the offer is when i fing out.
Thanks
Ernie
Yeah bud, that really sucks..... at least everyone came out unharmed. Vehicles can be replaced, lives cannot.:)

Talked with my ins agent this afternoon and they offered me $23,974.36 which included some type of tax, tag fees, and the deductible allready subtracted. We talked about thousands of dollars in modifications that had been done to the truck and she told me to fax all receipts i had to her and at that time she would look everything over then take it to her boss and see about giving me a percentage of the money i had in receipts!

IH8CHVYS said:
Talked with my ins agent this afternoon and they offered me $23,974.36 which included some type of tax, tag fees, and the deductible allready subtracted. We talked about thousands of dollars in modifications that had been done to the truck and she told me to fax all receipts i had to her and at that time she would look everything over then take it to her boss and see about giving me a percentage of the money i had in receipts!

not too too shabby ,,dont forget the more they pay you the more it cost to buy back ;)

Please don't let your mods go!!:bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling:

You could always strip the parts and take the money too. I had a similar situation about 4 years ago with a truck I had tons on money in. It got in a MAJOR hail storm and was beat to piss:mad: At first they said it was totaled and then I give them reciepts for all the mods and they changed there mind on totaling the truck. They cut me a check for like 8k and I kept the truck.

SD2005Dustin said:
should take the money, AFTER you pull the mods... it's goin to some scrap yard anyway...

I'm sure you could sell your mods very easily. I got a stock truck in the garage, I'd take alot off your hands. Insurance company's always rip you off with mods. Atleast save them for your next 10.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back