WTF is WrOnG WiTh My TrUcK

perk_1405 said:
i sent a pm to marty one hour after the dyno and no response since. the guy that suggested a hole in the piston was martys sct tuner guy sean, then every one went running with it...

that scares me....

Your engine would have a dead or nearly dead cylinder and, you should have blowby from hell with a cracked piston.
Does it generally run the same (like now) compared to when you were trying the new tune?
Have you just finished installing the heads and stuff prior to the tuning attempt?
More info please...

Last edited:
i have over 1k miles since i installed the heads, the truck runs strong as hell, and sounds great. i just dont think anything is wrong with it. i will probably have the compression and the leak down test any way. better safe than sory.. thanks for all the responses guys you sound like family.

perk_1405 said:
i have over 1k miles since i installed the heads, the truck runs strong as hell, and sounds great. i just dont think anything is wrong with it. i will probably have the compression and the leak down test any way. better safe than sory.. thanks for all the responses guys you sound like family.

If you have a choice, just do the leakdown, it will provide better info.

perk_1405 said:
dan just called me back he thinks that the problem is the rest of my set up, the stock cam, stock manifolds. im working on getting the problem fixed as we speak. but as for the truck not responding to the tuning he guesses it was the button pusher. every one had me all worried that one of my pistons was fricked up. thanks dan for your input...

Np man! GL with the setup and keep me informed :rock:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back