X-Metal lowering kit?

stickerdick

Got the pictures for the drop in my public Gallery. I was shocked that the Stock spring and the McGaughys are the same height. The X'metal is on the far right in the photo and you can see the height difference.

BIG NANA said:
stickerdick

Got the pictures for the drop in my public Gallery. I was shocked that the Stock spring and the McGaughys are the same height. The X'metal is on the far right in the photo and you can see the height difference.

Well it's obvious from the pictures that the X-Metal spring rate is much higher.

That would explain the better handling.:D

Silverback said:
Well it's obvious from the pictures that the X-Metal spring rate is much higher.

That would explain the better handling.:D

How would you know what the spring rate was without knowing the wire diameter?

I have an 06 RC in which I installed Gary's (X-Metal)kit. I have not had any problems bottoming out although I only weigh 175lbs. Now if I hit a very big dip it will but never had a problem on the highway. I still have not taken the time to get the camber right whenever it starts warming up again I think I'll take care of it. BTW I have driven mine from South Dakota to Florida then up to PA and back to South Dakota without any problems.

Ran the truck for over 80 miles today, in town, over Highways and had no issues, I think PDR needs to re-check his install. I followed directions, got my alignment and all seems to be well. Gary at X-metal was very helpful with any and all questions.

John Stuttle said:
How would you know what the spring rate was without knowing the wire diameter?

By looking at the picture it's not hard to tell that the wire diameter is at least .100 to .125 larger. Also the number of effective coils is less, hense the spring rate will be higher.

Want me to get into more detail?:dontknow:

BIG NANA said:
Ran the truck for over 80 miles today, in town, over Highways and had no issues, I think PDR needs to re-check his install. I followed directions, got my alignment and all seems to be well. Gary at X-metal was very helpful with any and all questions.

Only thing I can figure is I was sent the wrong springs with my kit:dontknow:
My front clearence appears to be an 1" lower than yours ?
Can somebody check theres as in the picture below ?

WOW sorry about the big pictures :eek:

Nana, Did you check to see if there was any slop in your springs before you let it down off the jack ?
I can spin my springs around freely with the tires off the ground ?

when i did my lift kit last year on my 2005 Q C, from boomer he also sold me ruber coated metal pads that fit on top and under the coils and the rate was changed. he also sold me R C leaf springs...the reson was i kept bottoming out front and rear. i still had the pic. of the way the R C leafs look to the Q C leafs ...(you can see dif. just in the looks) i tow sometimes with my truck and now i have a great ride and the looks i wanted.........(also Q C trucks make sure your pinion angle is right...)

X-Metal Lowering Kit

Our setup is great.

Attachments

• DSCN2452.JPG
    DSCN2452.JPG
    567 KB · Views: 661
  • DSCN2443.JPG
    DSCN2443.JPG
    626.7 KB · Views: 334
  • DSCN2440.JPG
    DSCN2440.JPG
    612.7 KB · Views: 5,005
  • DSCN2441.JPG
    485.1 KB · Views: 426
i have 2.5 inches from tire to top of wheel well...and 33 inches from ground to bottom of wheel well... now that is with boomers Q C kit....

PDR, You are neededing to get in touch with Gary, cause your truck is WAY, WAY TOO LOW. As you saw from the pictures, I have about 2 3/4" fromt the bottom of the fender to the top of the tire. Also, After install with the truck up in the air and the arms hanging freely, the springs colud be turned by hand if you really grabbed the hell out of them and twisted hard, but not what I would call sloppy. Also, the flat top part of the spring does go to the top and that rubber "biscuit" goes on the top of the springs. I told Gary today that I think you might have the QC spring instead of the RC spring, there is a difference. I would talk to Him, I think he would be open to helping you to get it right.

I got it thru street scene. It seems that you can not buy the stock type of grills for the 06 that look right and I liked the look of the black chromme.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back