X-metal Shifter install

moparracing said:
i have a gen4 in my truck.... it is definitely tighter in the shifting pattern than the stock hurst, not loose as you describe.... the only thing that some people don't like is how the shifter pivots slightly as you shift, i use a ball shifter so it doesn't bother me....... :) the other thing is it tends to be noisier than the b&m & the hurst..... just turn up da music baby. :D

I use the ball too but I like that little twist...:) ........but yeah, noisy lil mutha....

gettin ready to install it again - all take pic and see if i can get some viedo :)

I'd sell you my gen.IV, but it's the back-up to my gen.X...just in case. The guy that used to make them... doesn't anymore.

Be real hard to replace,
Quick

is that an Offer u you just teasin me :) :D :D :D :eek: :eek: :p :p :p :p :p

There was a little bit of play side to side when I put it in, I just couldnt stand the pivot shit. No if it was fugged up I would of just threw it out. I think what your talking about is ok. But did you make sure you did not knock out that plastic bushing on the trans where the shifter ball goes, make sure that is in place you will have all kinds of play no matter what shifter. I know because it happen to me.:D

i know bud... no worries :)

this plastic bushin - where is it located and what does it look like - in the " trans shifter " there is a plastic pice in there but i cant remove it w/o force - if u say it can knock out - im wondering if that could be my problem

VIPER said:
i know bud... no worries :)

this plastic bushin - where is it located and what does it look like - in the " trans shifter " there is a plastic pice in there but i cant remove it w/o force - if u say it can knock out - im wondering if that could be my problem

Is it hard to get in gear? I didnt even know that peice was there until it happend but I smushed mine, but it still works:p check that and lets see how you have it together.

TNVIPER said:
I was joking but I did sell Dawg a B&M....I tried both shifters and liked both. I just sold the B&M because I didnt want to remove the X and reinstall the B&M...
Thats the one Nelson has now:D I like the stocker:eek: :rock: But at least you didnt send me your nut rag with it like the perv did:p :marchmellow:

DevilDawg3097 said:
Thats the one Nelson has now:D I like the stocker:eek: :rock: But at least you didnt send me your nut rag with it like the perv did:p :marchmellow:

so do i....i'd like it better if i could get in 3rd tho :D

i removed the shifter and tooks some pictures :) there uploading now will post in a min

Picture129.jpg

Picture128-1.jpg

Picture127-1.jpg

Picture126-1.jpg

Picture125-1.jpg

Check the bottom of your stock shifter, mine was white plastic peice that went in that hole. Unless someone put the bronze bushing in.

DevilDawg3097 said:
Check the bottom of your stock shifter, mine was white plastic peice that went in that hole. Unless someone put the bronze bushing in.

there was nuthin on the bottom of the shifter - i bought the truck new, and this is the 1st time i removed the shifter :)

let me walk out to the GAR and look around maybe it fell off :)

Put the shifter in the hole if it is snug then that is it. I think I know whats messin with you is the play in the twist, when you put it in gear the play is in that bearing, not that its bad it is wierd to get used to.

it's all good bud ... im an engineer so it gives me something to play with :) :D :D :D :D

i have a NEW project ;)

installed :)

x-metal Shifter installed :D :D :D :D :D

i took it out on a test drive - and w0w wat a diff. :) NEVER missed 3rd and smoked " killed " a new corvette

now just need the New handle :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:

Picture130.jpg

Picture131.jpg

Picture132.jpg

lmao - i mod'ed the Xmetal Design ;)

took 6hrs but gotta her done and it DONT " pivot " ne more and is a really tight shift ! ;)

oh and no more ' wiggle ' or play in the shifter :D :D :D :D :D :D

Awsome I have a pistol grip that would work perfect with that, now that is a short throw shifter:rock: You maybe on to something:burnout:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back