X-Metal TB installed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JMB Justin

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Although Gary and I havent always seen eye to eye on certain things, I need to give credit where credit is due. I installed the TB a few days ago and wanted to give my impressions. First of all, its a very well made piece, and install was a breeze. I briefly looked over his instructions (quite thorough), and set them aside like most men and dug in. I couldnt have spent but 15 minutes total time on the install, everything went together very well. I started the truck and perfect idle, no issues there. Ive put maybe 100 miles on the truck since the install and have not seen one negative side effect. Overall the truck feels faster, im guessing its more throttle response than anything else. I let a friend borrow the TB for a dyno session on Saturday. Peak gains were minimal, approx. 3HP and TQ, with the largest gain from 4700-5200 (non-peak # gain) of 8 WHP and WTQ. I will eventually dyno my truck and see what the difference is, but the butt dyno is telling me something is there for sure. Of course every application is going to respond differently, and my truck has a few more things than my buddies truck, so Im guessing the gains will be larger. Overall very happy with everything, Great Work Gary!

100_2136.JPG

100_2140.JPG

Justin

JMB Justin said:
Of course every application is going to respond differently, and my truck has a few more things than my buddies truck, so Im guessing the gains will be larger.

Justin

I'm gonna have to get a second job.:D

That was on a truck with catless mids, catback and K+N air intake, Im looking forward to testing it on other applications especially my N20 truck and 2 forced induction trucks.
Justin

JMB Justin said:
That was on a truck with catless mids, catback and K+N air intake, Im looking forward to testing it on other applications especially my N20 truck and 2 forced induction trucks.
Justin
i'm sure u will probably gain abit more with ur setup justin but we were told 13hp not 3hp!

sadly, the stock throttle body is not a bottleneck even on FI trucks.

I have a 56mm throttle body on my 450hp isuzu. much much smaller than the viper piece.

that being said, that TB looks badass!

No Stink a baseline run was done first, then the tb was installed and ran, then, the truck was ran again after the stock tb was reinstalled to get a "bolt on" comparison. My truck only has cat back's, catless mids, and kn cai. It has a vec but it was set to stock for the test.

5-21-07
....Nowwhat wrote

for bling only.....the thing will give you 3-4 rwhp and will be a huge pain in the ass if not adjusted PERFECTLY...a large single blade T.B. like this one...sucks on a lightly modded truck....the change in flow causes a noticable PAUSE when jumping on the throttle....you will not notice it when you roll into it...but floor it and you will be SLOWER THAN BEFORE.....

LOOKS PRETTY THOUGH...

5-22-07
....Boomer wrote

dude, i am sorry your RSI TB didnt work---but just because you bought a TB from someone else, and it doenst work has nothing to do with our design. we have the dyno numbers to substantiate the before and after benefits of our design. not to mention our numbers where on a BONE STOCK viper with ZERO mods at all, and it makes more power on anything that is modded with exhaust and or otherwise. the owner of this car would be glad to share his info about the before and after gains, as well as my dyno that shows the elasped time of before and after that the engine made its peak power sooner with our throttle body.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by BOOMER : 05-22-2007 at 09:16 AM.

5-22-07
...Boomer wrote
wow, i was wrong, on a completley stock engine, the throttle body made 13 more Hp, and 10 more ftlbs.

7-02-07
....Nowwhat wrote
Come on Gary send one to Dan so he can post the gains....if it makes the 13rwhp...then I have to come on here and eat a huge pot of humble pie and become a unpaid sales rep for the TB pimping the hell out of it every chance I get...what do you have to lose....?????

7-03-07
....Boomer wrote

get a big spoon

Man,....I bought a spoon and everything.....:D

all good Gary....I hope you have your sense of humor about this....

mosrt10 said:
No Stink a baseline run was done first, then the tb was installed and ran, then, the truck was ran again after the stock tb was reinstalled to get a "bolt on" comparison. My truck only has cat back's, catless mids, and kn cai. It has a vec but it was set to stock for the test.

cool bo, just wondering if a tune would make a difference:dontknow:

But... but the bling factor.. I love the way it looks.. Mine is closer to stock than most here and I must say I DO notice a sizable change in the way she responds with the TB installed.

first off thank you Justin.
i appreciate it and good right up.
the one thing Justin mentioned that no one seemed to notice... the GAIN in the curve-he got 8-10 thru the curve. thats a BIG deal, and to see that at the tires, not an estimation. all vehicles that this goes on will be different and 2 things can or need to happen to relieaze the full potential of the TB.
a new tune to correspond with the increased airflow of the TB. not a necessity, if you can live with the improved throttle response and a gain of at least 8-13hp (depending on application and dyno) then by all means bolt it on a go. if you want more, then a tune will allow for that.
and a 200 mile acclimation period for the stock ECM to adaptivley learn the new TB.
to see an 8-10hp and torque gain just by bolting it on is great, you folks need to consider the power curve is what gets a vehicle into great ET's. a peak power gain is USELESS. i repeat USELESS, its the power CURVE that matters, and thats what you feel when you drive,-- and race is the curve, not the peak. you are at peak for a nano second, you are in the curve from idle to redline.thanks for prooving our TB's merits with a simple test. just imagine what gains are acheived thru tuning and more time with it in place. maybe thats why Underground Racing uses our products on their 1600hp Vipers;)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back