X-Metal TB installed!

Status
Not open for further replies.
BOOMER said:
first off thank you Justin.
i appreciate it and good right up.
the one thing Justin mentioned that no one seemed to notice... the GAIN in the curve-he got 8-10 thru the curve. thats a BIG deal, and to see that at the tires, not an estimation. all vehicles that this goes on will be different and 2 things can or need to happen to relieaze the full potential of the TB.
a new tune to correspond with the increased airflow of the TB. not a necessity, if you can live with the improved throttle response and a gain of at least 8-13hp (depending on application and dyno) then by all means bolt it on a go. if you want more, then a tune will allow for that.
and a 200 mile acclimation period for the stock ECM to adaptivley learn the new TB.
to see an 8-10hp and torque gain just by bolting it on is great, you folks need to consider the power curve is what gets a vehicle into great ET's. a peak power gain is USELESS. i repeat USELESS, its the power CURVE that matters, and thats what you feel when you drive,-- and race is the curve, not the peak. you are at peak for a nano second, you are in the curve from idle to redline.thanks for prooving our TB's merits with a simple test. just imagine what gains are acheived thru tuning and more time with it in place. maybe thats why Underground Racing uses our products on their 1600hp Vipers;)

I think Humble Pie is the breakfest special in Malibu Today:D :D :p

Guys, this is a 100% MYTH. Our computers are not technologically advanced to the point of learning anything. They have hard coded MAPS and make minuscule adjustments based on readings from the o2 sensor and TPS when at light cruise. That's it. There is no learning, no 200 mile acclimation or anything of that sort.

The only thing that comes close to this idea is the fact that if the base timing is off enough to cause pinging (or really bad fuel is introduced) on a PCM with a knock sensor, the PCM can slide the timing curve down slightly in an attempt to alleviate the pinging.

BOOMER said:

and a 200 mile acclimation period for the stock ECM to adaptivley learn the new TB.

AWDisuzu said:
Guys, this is a 100% MYTH. Our computers are not technologically advanced to the point of learning anything. They have hard coded MAPS and make minuscule adjustments based on readings from the o2 sensor and TPS when at light cruise. That's it. There is no learning, no 200 mile acclimation or anything of that sort.

The only thing that comes close to this idea is the fact that if the base timing is off enough to cause pinging (or really bad fuel is introduced) on a PCM with a knock sensor, the PCM can slide the timing curve down slightly in an attempt to alleviate the pinging.

Popcorn Please:D :D :D :D

FUK O'MIGHTY GOOD GOSH DARN!! IT LOOKS GOOD PERFORMS GOOD, KILLER PRICE, IF YA WANT IT , BUY IT, IF NOT DONT, HOW FREAKIN SIMPLE CAN IT BE!

You can fight over whether or not it makes 2 hp or 200hp, or whether it learns or dont learn, but shit who else makes anything close to this on our trucks? huh? anyone? hello!!!

Stinker said:
FUK O'MIGHTY GOOD GOSH DARN!! IT LOOKS GOOD PERFORMS GOOD, KILLER PRICE, IF YA WANT IT , BUY IT, IF NOT DONT, HOW FREAKIN SIMPLE CAN IT BE!

You can fight over whether or not it makes 2 hp or 200hp, or whether it learns or dont learn, but shit who else makes anything close to this on our trucks? huh? anyone? hello!!!
thank you Stinker. if anyone has a doubt that the Dodge computer does have an adaptive learning curve, and doubts me on it. call Dave at BG chrysler. he is a Dodge Engineer and one of the few people in the world who can modify the stock PCM's and one of even fewer who can modify a Hemi Ecm.
there is adapative curve in the stock PCM.
i am sorry if i appear to do this for a living,-since i do, and can back everything up with hard data and the fact that i have a shop with all of the equipment needed to do so, BUT WTF do i know?

BOOMER said:
first off thank you Justin.
i appreciate it and good right up.
the one thing Justin mentioned that no one seemed to notice... the GAIN in the curve-he got 8-10 thru the curve. thats a BIG deal, and to see that at the tires, not an estimation. all vehicles that this goes on will be different and 2 things can or need to happen to relieaze the full potential of the TB.
a new tune to correspond with the increased airflow of the TB. not a necessity, if you can live with the improved throttle response and a gain of at least 8-13hp (depending on application and dyno) then by all means bolt it on a go. if you want more, then a tune will allow for that.
to see an 8-10hp and torque gain just by bolting it on is great, you folks need to consider the power curve is what gets a vehicle into great ET's. a peak power gain is USELESS. i repeat USELESS, its the power CURVE that matters, and thats what you feel when you drive,-- and race is the curve, not the peak. you are at peak for a nano second, you are in the curve from idle to redline.thanks for prooving our TB's merits with a simple test. just imagine what gains are acheived thru tuning and more time with it in place. maybe thats why Underground Racing uses our products on their 1600hp Vipers;)

yikes....here we go again....:D ....

apples to oranges....let's pick a side and stick to it for the sake of consistency.....please....

When you sold everyone on these TBs....you:

1) said it was 13 rwhp PEAK.....PEAK.....PEAK..443 vs 456rwhp... http://www.vtcoa.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=14034&d=1179853059

2) that it was 13 peak on a stock car

3) that it was 13 peak without tuning

4) that it was 13 peak without a 200 mile adjustment

5) that it was 13 peak....not 3

and to say the curve is from idle to redline is true but the big gains per Justin...who does this for a living as well....is for a 500rpm window...

again trying to civil and factual here....

Nowwhat said:
yikes....here we go again....:D ....

apples to oranges....let's pick a side and stick to it for the sake of consistency.....please....

When you sold everyone on these TBs....you:

1) said it was 13 rwhp PEAK.....PEAK.....PEAK..443 vs 456rwhp... http://www.vtcoa.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=14034&d=1179853059

2) that it was 13 peak on a stock car

3) that it was 13 peak without tuning

4) that it was 13 peak without a 200 mile adjustment

5) that it was 13 peak....not 3

and to say the curve is from idle to redline is true but the big gains per Justin...who does this for a living as well....is for a 500rpm window...

again trying to civil and factual here....
dude, you are being a tool more than anything.
my dyno report on the TB has been posted a million times. Justin here reports a gain, and since you dont know tuning from your elbow, you are trying to down play the gain?
you trying to say if your truck saw a gain at PEAK but NOT in the curve youd be happy, maybe you would, but you would also be a fu**ing idiot.
you can f**k with this thread as much as you want i dont give A flying phuck.
you have a severe problem with not being the center of attention and being wrong. heving money dont make you right or better than anyone else
how about this, when you actually work on your own shit and dont write a check for it, let me know how its done.
go spout your agenda at somewhere like th Viper Alley and see how fast you find out what you dont know. dream on

Last edited by a moderator:
BOOMER said:
my dyno report on the TB has been posted a million times. Justin here reports a gain, and since you dont know tuning from your elbow, you are trying to down play the gain?
you trying to say if your truck saw a gain at PEAK but NOT in the curve youd be happy, maybe you would, but you would also be a f**king idiot.
you have a severe problem with not being the center of attention and being wrong. heving money dont make you right or better than anyone else
how about this, when you actually work on your own shit and dont write a check for it, let me know how its done.
go spout your agenda at somewhere like th Viper Alley and see how fast you find out what you dont know. dream on

:congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats:

Right on Gary, If someone had as many brain cells as checks they would be
Einstein:D :D

Last edited by a moderator:
BOOMER said:

...............you have a severe problem with not being the center of attention and being wrong. heving money dont make you right or better than anyone else

I think he is 1Fast's brother from the other coast :dontknow: :dontknow: :D

Except I think the other Mike actually worked on his stuff and has money :dontknow: :dontknow:

.............better jump in before this gets shut down. Justin, great write up and yes your motor is still the schitz. I thought the he said / she said bullshit on this site was over....some people can't seem to stop beating a dead horse or their own chest.. Gary I love my TB. Thanks for the great product. Please continue to do the R&D that we all benefit from. Justin...........do what you do best as well......great products and service from both company's. The popcorn gallery here is like the day care center in town.
The guy's here with some of the nicest trucks I have ever seen....Doneo and bexxon don't seem to have issues that they belabor to death....hats off to them as well. Top notch trucks as well as adults

Well aint this just the cats Dander:dontknow:

two guys I admire greatly, both of them helluva super nice people:rock:

I am not gonna take sides on this or even try anymore to calm the situation:(

Nowwhat is actually a great person with high morals some dont understand or see, but evidently just dont see Boomer as being capable of building anything with lego blocks.

Boomer is a hard worker, has had a few problems in the past ,but seems as tho its getting in the right direction. Very strong minded and bull headed, but also one of the few people out there making impressive parts for the SRT 10 rams.

That being said lets look at the TB, very nicely machined, with excellent looks.
Large bore opening, with dual bearings for longevity and better blade actions.

With the increased air flow it "should" show better response, especially on a FI engine, N/A engines maybe not as much.

Hp figures? every engine out there will show a different gain. Some may show a 2hp increase across theentire rpm range, some may show nothing, some may show a 15hp increase, it jsut depends on the engines, the altidude, area , temps, and mods.

So one final word, its a nice TB, with a decent price compared to anyone else.May get some power, you may not, as with any mod, but the looks alone are actually really great just to look under the hood and not see that ugly as stock TB.

Stinker said:

I am not gonna take sides on this or even try anymore to calm the situation:(

Nowwhat is actually a great person with high morals some dont understand or see, but evidently just dont see Boomer as being capable of building anything with lego blocks.

Boomer is a hard worker, has had a few problems in the past ,but seems as tho its getting in the right direction. Very strong minded and bull headed, but also one of the few people out there making impressive parts for the SRT 10 rams.

That being said lets look at the TB, very nicely machined, with excellent looks.
Large bore opening, with dual bearings for longevity and better blade actions.

With the increased air flow it "should" show better response, especially on a FI engine, N/A engines maybe not as much.

Hp figures? every engine out there will show a different gain. Some may show a 2hp increase across theentire rpm range, some may show nothing, some may show a 15hp increase, it jsut depends on the engines, the altidude, area , temps, and mods.

So one final word, its a nice TB, with a decent price compared to anyone else.May get some power, you may not, as with any mod, but the looks alone are actually really great just to look under the hood and not see that ugly as stock TB.
:rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:

BOOMER said:
you trying to say if your truck saw a gain at PEAK but NOT in the curve youd be happy, maybe you would, but you would also be a fu**ing idiot.

Wow....so much for being civil.....

well lets see....Yes I write a check for my stuff....isn't that what YOUR CUSTOMERS DO????...that is the whole point....when I write a check I don't want someone lying to me about the product....I want facts....

Why are you all twisted up about this....?....I would think that the TRUTH about your products is what you would want....

Stinker said:

Well said Stinker!! I'm with you bro! - Reminds me of the hubbub on CAI's - I like mine - it looks unreal - sounds awesome - and whether or not it gets me HP means nothing to me - I like it and that is all that matters! It IS a nice TB looks great and what the hell .....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back