X-metal throttle body vs Hennessy throttle body

JTS VENOM PERFORMANCE

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Well fellas got my X-metal throttle body today by Mr. fedex!!:rock:

All I can say so far is WOW it is P U R T Y!!

So far it is a work of art, excellent machining and super polish job!!

the thing jsut gleeems:D

but I figured since as far as I know I am the only one with a hennessy throttle body I could compare the two and with the stock throttle body on my QC

The great thing about the x-metal TB is its polished on the inside, I had to do no adjusting of the throttle blade, it slide right in, and the dual bearings on the throttle side:rock:

With the Hennessy I had side to side slop and play and with the dual bearings on the X-metal there is virtually no play at all, this will keep any wearing of the inside of the bore to a minimum.

The instructions were excellent and dead on, everything went together just as the instructions said.The were well wrote and had plenty of pictures:rock: guess that was for Eddie;) :D

I have everything installed but I have run out of thread lock, so tommorrow I will finish it up, install it on mine, take a little ride, then install it on the QC and see how it feels on both.

I will also give UGR a call and see when I can get some dyno time and see how it does, so far it looks very very promising:rock:

Here are some pics of the two for comparison

Tony, the blade on the X-Metal seems a little larger; are they the same size?

Can I touch it? :dontknow: :D

Looks good Tony, what are gonna do with the "other" one? Is it worth having with the play in the butterfly?

Wow! The x-metal throttle body is looking great than the other one! :rock: :rock:

Last edited:
To tell you the truth, from the pictures they almost look identical :dontknow:

You gonna look for any HP increase Stinker, or any other noticable gain (WOT response, butt dyno, etc.)?

i to have a jh tb and was very sad when i got it to see what i had to do to make it work, after tearing apart my stock one to make the jh one work i could not go back to stock and i think now the bearings are starting to go, no fun to buying the same mods twice cause something better has come out.

Roz-SRT said:
Can I touch it? :dontknow: :D

Looks good Tony, what are gonna do with the "other" one? Is it worth having with the play in the butterfly?

uh yeah , but Joanne might get jealous:D

but the jh had bad slop the x does not , it should make a ton of difference:rock:

After what Tommy (wazzsup) went through with his JH throttle body I decided to wait for something else. The X-metal one looks very good.

Bill.

RedRamRules said:
To tell you the truth, from the pictures they almost look identical :dontknow:

You gonna look for any HP increase Stinker, or any other noticable gain (WOT response, butt dyno, etc.)?
they are diff, hard to tell with pics, but yes looking for mo hp:D

silverqc said:
i to have a jh tb and was very sad when i got it to see what i had to do to make it work, after tearing apart my stock one to make the jh one work i could not go back to stock and i think now the bearings are starting to go, no fun to buying the same mods twice cause something better has come out.

yep the jh was one big pain in the bazookam the x went together like a cool fresh breath of air:rock:

Hey Tony, quit posting and get yer ass in the garage and get it installed. We are waiting....and not very patiently either.:p

Bill.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back