X-metal throttle body vs Hennessy throttle body

Stinker said:
If ya dont have one, get one! if nothing else it sho is purtty!:D

It is relativly easy to put together and install, not bad at all, a couple hours and you will be ready to lay rubber.

Put in on the RC first and to be fair, not much change, but I really didnt expect any on it, being I had a TB on allready, but it did Idle ten times better!:rock:

So yanked it off and put it on the QC,
now I dont have any dyno figures, but sotp tells me it works:rock:

the truck is more responsive, stronger especially in the bottom end, and just plain pulls harder!

guys if you dont have one or are just thinking about it , do it, for the $600 or so he is asking , its a great deal.

Especially after a few mods, is should make a ton of difference.

rating ....I give excellent:rock:

pics soon or look at other thread:p

we are going to have to get your SOTP dyno recalibrated....:D ....pulls harder....you're the only thing that is pulling harder....:D

Stink you are in a tough spot...the man sent you a free TB asked you to try it out....and you are a gentleman so you are being gracious...

John H sold a couple of these nobody saw more than a few rwhp and this new TB is like a long lost twin to the John H body....

the thing looks great and like a CAI it will add bling and not much more....hell I bought a RSI throttle body for the bling....nothing wrong with that...just don't want to see someone spend $600+tax+shipping+ labor and not be forwarned....

Last edited:
I am not into bling.I AM into more power.IF it works as stated,it is still AWFULLY expensive ($600 for 10 HP).It may improve throttle response.Changed to a single blade on my "L" and it helped a lot as far as throttle response and driveability.It was around $400,fully assembled,fully polished and engraved. I am NOT knocking Gary's products,but $600 for 10 HP ?????????? I will need to see more testing.
Glad you like it Stinker.

I also realize that Gary is not a big operation and needs to make up for development and tooling,etc.

HOT RAM said:
I am not into bling.I AM into more power.IF it works as stated,it is still AWFULLY expensive ($600 for 10 HP).It may improve throttle response.Changed to a single blade on my "L" and it helped a lot as far as throttle response and driveability.It was around $400,fully assembled,fully polished and engraved. I am NOT knocking Gary's products,but $600 for 10 HP ?????????? I will need to see more testing.
Glad you like it Stinker.

I also realize that Gary is not a big operation and needs to make up for development and tooling,etc.

Welcome to the Cadillac of TRUCKS !!!!Want to play,got to pay !!!Well,you don't HAVE to,but they do seem to go hand in hand !!!:D

Don't I know it !! Everything costs more than for my previous "L" or 'Vette.
WAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYY more !!!!! But it is such a fun truck !

Nowwhat said:
we are going to have to get your SOTP dyno recalibrated....:D ....pulls harder....you're the only thing that is pulling harder....:D

Stink you are in a tough spot...the man sent you a free TB asked you to try it out....and you are a gentleman so you are being gracious...

John H sold a couple of these nobody saw more than a few rwhp and this new TB is like a long lost twin to the John H body....

the thing looks great and like a CAI it will add bling and not much more....hell I bought a RSI throttle body for the bling....nothing wrong with that...just don't want to see someone spend $600+tax+shipping+ labor and not be forwarned....

Sorry guys momma had some of that luv muffin dinner that just got out of the shower ready;) :D LOLOL HAD TO GOOOOO!!

Well I think Gary is a cool cat and all and I may have missworded a thing or two about gettin a fedex package and not knowing it was comming , but Gary give anything Free?LOLOL

Naw bro, we talked, I told him I wanted one but that I didnt think it would be much different on my truck , but I wanted rid of the JH TB:D
so he said he would make me a deal, he would send me one, let me try it , if I liked it , jsut send the money, if not he would alllow me to send it back.

Now that is a tad outta the way, but way cool , and after messing with it all day... I shall send the check monday morn:rock: :D

do I think it is worth $650?
hard to say, on my RC since I had the JH, it may be more for bling, but it does idle 100% better.
on a NA or a Sc'd that doesnt have one and has the stock tb? yeah I think it will help.

how much? I cant say, but will hit the dyno as soon as I can for yuns.

but on the QC, it felt tons more responsive, and felt like a tank full of trq in the midrange compared to before.

So I would say if ya got the extra $ hangin round, most def buy one, the best thing is , it is reasonably priced, since, RSI is outta biz, and JH is over $900

I know 5 more people that have them, so hopefully they will chime in and let us know there feelings:rock:

hope this helps dudes and dudets:p

BTW tho I would , or maybe I will ask Boomer if he could anodize them or powder coat them for yuns:D

MMMMMMMMM wonder if desert is ready:p

I just want to see some independent dyno's. Joe dyno'd my stock throttle body against a fully ported one and there was no gain.

Don't get me wrong here, I am not knocking this one AT ALL. I just want to see some dyno's before I buy one. If it will put 10 hp on my truck (and have the Bling to match, hehe):D I just might have to get one.:rock:

I think 10 hp is ALOT to gain by increasing the airflow.:dontknow:
I hope it does pick up 10.;)

wow i think im gonna get rid of my hennessey for one and buy there polished intake aswell

Stinker.... Let me get this straight
It's 300 dollars less than Cowboy Johns or there abouts.
It comes complete.
It does what it is suppose to.
It fit's.
You likey.
Workmanship is sweeeet

Mine from X-Metal was 580.00 + tax plummed for NOS. If you pick it up, you can have it installed for free. Dyno pull on the same machine here at home is 75.00 dyno has already been done with the current setup. If someone wants to wager a bet and pay for the additional dyno to prove a point one way or another....just send me a check :0

I don't have any issues paying what it cost....I have alot more than 600 dollars in MOD'S that don't add shit to the rear wheels. Best bang for the buck was my radar detector....it added at least 20mph to my topend :) 250.00 for floor mats that I wipe my feet on, door seals, fuzzy dice etc etc. Is the issue really what it does, how it does it, what it claims to do....or who said it.

I told Gary I wanted one the day he fixed Hennessy's that had my truck running like one of the guys on COP"S....

Guys I think its a great deal for a great price, will it get the hp Gary says I dont know.

as for the pms , I do feel I am in a pickle, could possibly loose a very close friend. and honestly money or anything else is not worth the price of anything.

I consider Gary a really good close friend, but as friends not on the business end, and I like to keep it that way. I

and i am jsut , i dont knwo what to do, fk, I jsut cant do this anymore Jack, and I know youre reading this, sorry

I did fib a tad ago, gary sent me the tb as a friend an with hopes to sell more throttle bodies, and I jsut cant stand myself knowing I wasnt truefull.

I apologize to all, its jsut not me, but what do ya do? do I say hey a got a freebie? that just didnt seem right to me , so yeah I fibbed, but I dont want to loose what I consider a very good friend over a piece of metal.

I'm sorry fellas, I am so sorry, to the point of being ashamed,

Manic said:
Tony,Did you give your honest opinion on the TB?

Yes , spent all day on it.

but it doesnt even matter any more bud, it jsut dont matter, nothing, the trucks, the problems, the posts, the anything,

its jsut not worth it anymore to have to deal with what happens here, not anymore, just dont care..........

Bro, that's all we expect out of you.

Your honesty is what counts. How Boomer runs his business is up to him.

You have absolutely nothing to blame yourself about. If I was in Boomers shoes I would of asked you to do the same thing.

Stinker said:
Yes , spent all day on it.

but it doesnt even matter any more bud, it jsut dont matter, nothing, the trucks, the problems, the posts, the anything,

its jsut not worth it anymore to have to deal with what happens here, not anymore, just dont care..........

I for one think you are a man of honor...

If you are gulity of anything...it is that you are a friend to everyone....:rock: .......that damn heart of gold of yours...always getting you into pickles....:D

I wouldn't blame the man with a heart of gold...I would blame the man who takes advantage of it....

:rock: All Im gonna say here is that, TONY, you are a friend to all here!!:rock:

Man, I wish i had half the money to spend that some of you have. 600?? For a shinny TB?? Come on, get real!! Just put it in a savings account for a Paxton, Roe, or TT's!! Then you'll feel that you made a smart buy.

stink. you gave a honest opinion of the part. i dont know whats goin on, not my buisness. all i can say is you are a great man and whatever is goin on shouldnt get to ya. you have many friends on here, and there is a good reason why. you're a great man and would do anything for anyone you know. the very first post i made you were the first to help me, without ever seeing me on here before, and whenever i have a problem, you are the first one there. take a break, drink a cold one, get some desert :D, and come back tomorrow refreshed and in a differant state of mind. you are a essential part of this forum, and i know everyone will agree with that :rock:

Stinker said:
Guys I think its a great deal for a great price, will it get the hp Gary says I dont know.

as for the pms , I do feel I am in a pickle, could possibly loose a very close friend. and honestly money or anything else is not worth the price of anything.

I consider Gary a really good close friend, but as friends not on the business end, and I like to keep it that way. I

and i am jsut , i dont knwo what to do, fk, I jsut cant do this anymore Jack, and I know youre reading this, sorry

I did fib a tad ago, gary sent me the tb as a friend an with hopes to sell more throttle bodies, and I jsut cant stand myself knowing I wasnt truefull.

I apologize to all, its jsut not me, but what do ya do? do I say hey a got a freebie? that just didnt seem right to me , so yeah I fibbed, but I dont want to loose what I consider a very good friend over a piece of metal.

I'm sorry fellas, I am so sorry, to the point of being ashamed,

Tony. I'm gonna talk to you like a man for a moment and you might not like it. (And this might get deleted:dontknow: ).

If you had let this charade go, I might have just blown 600 dollars of my hard earned money because you said you purchased this product. NO BULLSHIT!:mad:

I make something just shy of 3 grand a month and most of it goes towrds my truck payment, credit cards, my wifes college and my 2 year old boy.

How much I am in debt is not your fault, but when you say something is a good buy I trust you. And had I bought this and then the truth came out I would have been sooooo mad at you.:( So be a man of your word as I know you are. You hold a lot of clout around here as do a few others, so I expect you to maintain that aire of professionalism even though you are just another member of this forum like me.

Now...I know I could have PM'd you. But I wear my heart on my sleeve (As do you) and I have to air this out. I am mad at you but not permanently.;) :2in1:

Now...because I love you Bro.:D

Tony Sawyer....you are a real person behind this screen and though I havent met you personally we know the same people and I feel like I know you. (Do you even know my last name...I bet not.:D)

You did a huge thing by admitting this and I cannot be mad at you for bearing your soul. I know it was hard...we have alot in common and if you remember back to Dec/Jan you know what I'm talking about!;)

Lets move on and dont let this be your last contribution to those of us that need guys like you and Mike(Brady) and Mikey and Shawn and Jeffy and Jakers and Denise and....well.... you get the hint because this list has over 1500 other people on it.:p :rock:

But take this as another one of them lessons...speak the truth and no one can judge you but yourself.

Tell a lie and everybody will judge you forever more.;)

I Love You Like a Brother STANK!:rock:

Confession is good for the soul.It helps keep you humble,too.Thanks for telling us the real story.I honestly don't care if Gary gave it to you,told you to try it and then pay,or just sold it to you.All I want is an honest evaluation about how the thing worked.You gave that.As I have already posted,I believe it can improve throttle response and MAYBE add some HP.Do I think it is worth over $600 ? Not to me. My take home pay isn't that much a week,so it is just too expensive for me.
I don't want to hear you even hint at leaving!!!!!!!!!!!! You messed up,admitted it,it's over.Life goes on. I haven't forgotten that YOU were the one that got my exhaust problems fixed.You are a goldmine of information and just a cool guy.Don't let this get you down.

Nowwhat said:
I wouldn't blame the man with a heart of gold...I would blame the man who takes advantage of it....

Amen.

Tony, you and I have talked a lot here lately, and I could sense a lot of uncertainty in your voice, as well as your thought process on this subject. You were unfortunatly drug into a situation that was not in your best interest, which probably has you questioning your integrity to the forum. However, you should not. I think this was a lapse in judgement on your part, and not a characteristic of the Tony that we all know. The Tony we know just "manned up" and tried to reverse what many would interpret as a wrong.

With that being said, the root cause of all this is not you. You my friend were put in a difficult position, and you may not have made the best choice. But you did what so many on this board have been unable to do--apologize.

You are my friend Tony. I've met you; I know you; I respect you. You have nothing to be ashamed of.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back