X metal vs B&M

kickinv10

Reaction score
Ok heres the thing....i have a 06 srt 10 with stock shifter....im wanting to upgrade to either a B&M or a X metal.....i drive my truck like a bat out of hell balls to the walls racing anything and everything that will race....which one should i go with....x metal generation 4 or 5 or should i go with the B&M???

my B&M is wicked, just makes more noise then stock. i had to trim the housing a bit to make it fit also. good investment though:) way easier to bang through the gears.

i heard that the B&M was made for the occasional performance guys and the x metal was made for the guys who drove balls to the walls all the time....then i have other people telling me different....so idk which one to get....kinda stuck at the moment

I love my XMetal Gen X shifter :rock: :rock: It finds it's own way into third and is very easy to drive with, no more hunting for gears:D , just can't have a death grip on it. It works best with a ball knob and flat palming into third:rock: :rock: Did I say I love my X Metal shifter???????????:congrats: :marchmellow: :D :D

I have the b&m and have no complaints with it, but if your needs are constant gear slamming the x-metal is prolly what you want then.

I have X-Metal Gen I, and I wouldn't get rid of it for anything.

Bill.

Last edited:
I have had both the Gen X and the B&M, I like the B&M much better and Gary seems to be pissed at all of us now so customer service is zero!

Go B&M, can't go wrong. I have it in my 06 and it works great. But be careful if u buy one used -- shy away from the AL upper lever -- they've been known to break. Newer versions use steel upper levers.

I have an x metal gen 1. I have no complaints. It is so much better than the stocker. You can pick up gen 1 - gen 4 used quite often. They are all very similar. The gen x is the twisting action one. Some people dont like it. The B&M seems to work well xcept for the ones that have broken the handle.

Any of them will be a huge upgrade over the stocker.

patrick

Never tried the X Metal but have the B&M with no complaints at all. Trainman has driven my truck and says he likes my B&M over his X Metal that is on his truck. To each his own.

Gen X in mine and love it, the slight twist is no big deal to me.

Much better then stock!:rock:

But If you want a brand new one, go with the B&M.

Not even sure if Gary still sells them?:dontknow:

The B&M is a POS....get the X-Metal GenIV......by far the best shifter.....did I mention I have a Gen IV for sale?.....PM for price......BTW...ignore my sig...:dontknow: ;)

TNVIPER said:
The B&M is a POS....get the X-Metal GenIV......by far the best shifter.....did I mention I have a Gen IV for sale?.....PM for price......BTW...ignore my sig...:dontknow: ;)
i love the b and m over any x metal shifter

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back