Yamaha Road Star

mopar-or-no-car

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Test drove a buddies Yamaha roadstar 1600 twin 99 lb/ft tq....Only giving him 2000 for trade in only has 9500miles on it.....I think I'm gonna hafta buy it...handles better that my dads street glide and a lil faster Too....pops glide is a 88 cube ...plus I've allways been a Yamaha guy!!

Not a bad deal. I try to keep it American but thats just me. Check out some other brands first unless youre just getting it strictly because its too good of a deal to pass up.

Not a bad deal. I try to keep it American but thats just me. Check out some other brands first unless youre just getting it strictly because its too good of a deal to pass up.

I've had a 04 electraglide, 98 Fatboy......I love Harleys just didnt ride enough to have a 15-25$k Harley sitting collecting dust in the garage...being 6'4 300+ Iook like a circus bear ridding a tricycle on anything but a glide ...and I think I can make a few bucks in the spring if I don't decide to keep it...I even look silly on your bike...

And they make bad ass bobbers....thats right boys all Yamaha!!

Attachments

• us_vehicles.982596.2.jpg
    us_vehicles.982596.2.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 3,953
  • dsc_0543.jpg
    dsc_0543.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 2,980
And they make bad ass bobbers....thats right boys all Yamaha!!

Not gonna lie, those are badass bikes. If I decide to hold on to this Harley for a few years, Ill eventually grow the balls it takes to start chopping it up. And yea with your frame, you would make my bike look like a sportster. Better stick to the big boys.

either one of these are great Yamaha's:rock:

Attachments

• 2011-yamaha-v-max2-double-knalpot1.jpg
    2011-yamaha-v-max2-double-knalpot1.jpg
    165.3 KB · Views: 135
  • $T2eC16F,!yUE9s6NEHHDBR5Ic76Uiw~~60_3.jpg
    $T2eC16F,!yUE9s6NEHHDBR5Ic76Uiw~~60_3.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 137
Not gonna lie, those are badass bikes. If I decide to hold on to this Harley for a few years, Ill eventually grow the balls it takes to start chopping it up. And yea with your frame, you would make my bike look like a sportster. Better stick to the big boys.

I fail to understand how a full size Harley isn't one of the "big boys". The only thing bigger are the full dress touring models. Personally I like the stripped down bikes, full fairing baggers aren't really my style.

I fail to understand how a full size Harley isn't one of the "big boys". The only thing bigger are the full dress touring models. Personally I like the stripped down bikes, full fairing baggers aren't really my style.

I was saying that my bike (wide glide) is def too small for his frame, so he should stick with the bigger bikes.

Yeah I know that, I guess I just haven't paid much attention to the big bikes. Always thought the FLH Harleys were the same frame as a Dyna plus fairings and bags. My old 750 would be a scooter to him but I'm only 152 lbs as of last week so i find it plenty agile and powerful enough to let me get my ass out of harms way if need be. They need to make it easier to upload images directly from phones, oh well my bikes nothin special anyway. Actually I have two but my Kawi is a downright POS stuck in project bike hell for eternity so it doesn't count.

Yeah I know that, I guess I just haven't paid much attention to the big bikes. Always thought the FLH Harleys were the same frame as a Dyna plus fairings and bags. My old 750 would be a scooter to him but I'm only 152 lbs as of last week so i find it plenty agile and powerful enough to let me get my ass out of harms way if need be. They need to make it easier to upload images directly from phones, oh well my bikes nothin special anyway. Actually I have two but my Kawi is a downright POS stuck in project bike hell for eternity so it doesn't count.

I dunno sh*t about Harleys so you might be right. The way it was explained to me was there is basically 4 levels, sportsters, dynas, all the other ones, then road kings. All I know is that when my bike is parked next to some of those 25 thousand dollars Harleys up at the dealer, it looks like a little scooter. I want that Breakout CVO. Such a nice bike. Im gonna give the dyna to the wife and get the CVO for keeps. Sorry to hear about the purgatory bike ya got. Hate when that happens.

I dunno sh*t about Harleys so you might be right. The way it was explained to me was there is basically 4 levels, sportsters, dynas, all the other ones, then road kings. All I know is that when my bike is parked next to some of those 25 thousand dollars Harleys up at the dealer, it looks like a little scooter. I want that Breakout CVO. Such a nice bike. Im gonna give the dyna to the wife and get the CVO for keeps. Sorry to hear about the purgatory bike ya got. Hate when that happens.

Harleys have 5 model lines: Sportster, Dyna, Softail, V-rod, Touring. Sporties are the small bikes, sporties and V rods are both the performance oriented bikes but with different approaches. Dynas, Softails, and tourings all use the same basic engine design with some differences here and there, same with styling suspension etc... I generally consider those to be "full size" bikes.

No worries on the project bike. I have a damn clean (for 31 years old especially) Virago to ride around any time I want, though I am gonna need a bigger bike by next riding season.

Harleys have 5 model lines: Sportster, Dyna, Softail, V-rod, Touring. Sporties are the small bikes, sporties and V rods are both the performance oriented bikes but with different approaches. Dynas, Softails, and tourings all use the same basic engine design with some differences here and there, same with styling suspension etc... I generally consider those to be "full size" bikes.

No worries on the project bike. I have a damn clean (for 31 years old especially) Virago to ride around any time I want, though I am gonna need a bigger bike by next riding season.

Oh yea, forgot about the V-Rod. I almost bought a blacked out one with matte orange stripes. I still wonder if I made the right choice with the Dyna. Ive heard a lot of mixed reviews on the V-Rod.

Oh yea, forgot about the V-Rod. I almost bought a blacked out one with matte orange stripes. I still wonder if I made the right choice with the Dyna. Ive heard a lot of mixed reviews on the V-Rod.

Yeah your gonna hear mixed reviews on the V rod, with a DOHC water cooled Porsche/Harley engine it does NOT sit well with the purists at all, I think they're neat though. I think the specific V rod you're talking about is the Night Rod which is one bad looking mofo. If I wanted a cruiser to haul balls with I would get a V rod hands down. I'll probably get a 1200 sportie for my next bike though just to leave money for other things.

I have 2 VTX1800 one is bobbed and one is a bagger. Obviously I like Honda. Try a VTX1800 before you decide.

I have 2 VTX1800 one is bobbed and one is a bagger. Obviously I like Honda. Try a VTX1800 before you decide.

For an 1800 cc bike they are slooow...The next big money I put Down on a bike will be a road star warrior...faster cheaper and better looking than a vrod for half the cash...

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back