Yamaha Road Star

Test drove a buddies Yamaha roadstar 1600 twin 99 lb/ft tq....Only giving him 2000 for trade in only has 9500miles on it.....I think I'm gonna hafta buy it...handles better that my dads street glide and a lil faster Too....pops glide is a 88 cube ...plus I've allways been a Yamaha guy!!

For 2k thats a good deal. One of the service advisors here at work has a road star with almost 100k miles on it and never any issues. Im a kawi guy but the road star is a good reliable bike

I found the perfect bike for you. Your search is over.

gunbus-1.jpg

For an 1800 cc bike they are slooow...The next big money I put Down on a bike will be a road star warrior...faster cheaper and better looking than a vrod for half the cash...

I don't know what you've been smokin but the only "cruiser" that will beat my 1800's are a Vrod but they sound like shit and are small for us tall guys. Well and the Triuph Rocket III.

Did 10 years on fast bikes before I made the switch to comfort..

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1375205377.421855.jpg

R1 for 2 years.. Everything from track days and my knees on the ground to 140mph standups. I know.. Lucky to be alive and not killed anyone!

I started to grow up and thought the warrior would be the best fit for me. I put 10,000 miles per year on my R1 in VA. I put 3600 in one year on the warrior in Charleston, SC. The warrior was the biggest POS ever. It was just downright uncomfortable. And I had made trips from Va Beach to Deals Gap many times on the R1.

So after a year and a nasty bike accident, I switched to an old mans bike. I absolutely loved it! Riding all the time again, plus the wife would ride now.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1375205667.836888.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1375205719.103579.jpg

I was sold on Harley FL's. until I had an 18 y.o. Die beside me on a v-Rod. Honestly, I don't think I'm fully over that experience yet. But, needless to say, I don't ride anymore!

I don't know what you've been smokin but the only "cruiser" that will beat my 1800's are a Vrod but they sound like shit and are small for us tall guys. Well and the Triuph Rocket III.

The rocket III is bad ass. If we are going to list bikes that will beat a vtx1800 lets not forget Kawasaki VN200, Yamaha raider, Kawasaki Meanstreak, Yamaha Warrior, Suzuki M109, and possibly the honda valkyrie, and most deffinetly a honda goldwing. Im sure there are more. Obviously I dont know what you have done to your VTX and It really depends on the rider. Im not hatin' Im just saying :D

of course there are faster bike, but everything else I sat on felt too small or too cheep. Including the M109R, Vicotry hammers, etc. Yes I guess it depends on the driver mod but I'll put my F up against anythig you listed, I might not always win but I'll ring it for everything she's got. I wasn't going for pure speed, there is no where to run a bike like that around here but I'll spank just about any curiser that wants to play.

of course there are faster bike, but everything else I sat on felt too small or too cheep. Including the M109R, Vicotry hammers, etc. Yes I guess it depends on the driver mod but I'll put my F up against anythig you listed, I might not always win but I'll ring it for everything she's got. I wasn't going for pure speed, there is no where to run a bike like that around here but I'll spank just about any curiser that wants to play.

A VTX is deffinetly a great bike for a big rider, and you are correct a M109 is a piece of junk and sits funny.

Maybe bc you weigh too much

No....2006 road star 1700 vs new 1800 vtx not even a close race....not me on either...100lb rider weight difference....and they switched riders , same outcome...hondas make good bikes but they have always been slower than the competition....

06 road star was salesman's at work and my neighbor has the Honda....the road star was completely stock and the vtx has intake and exhaust....Neighbor stoped running his mouth (like you) once he got beat 4 times!!

Edit: salesman just said the road star had a aftermarket clutch..bone stock otherwise

Last edited:
I think honda sacrifices speed for reliability except for the fury. Its goverened at 99 mph and it runs like dog shit right out of the box. Pipes and power commander usually takes care of the poor running cond. The cbr600 and 1000 are always on the bottom of the list as far as HP goers but still good riding bikes.

SO what can my Harley beat? 2011 Dyna with pipes, breather and tune…Id really appreciate input, Id hate to have my ass handed to me in the future by some J A P cruiser.

That's interesting my neighbor has a vrod and I beat him 6 times...

But the difference between me and you is you think its cool to own a metric cruiser....I'm gunna pick one up for 2000$ just because its cheap...now go get back on you fast ass, sweet hon-dont and GTFO!!

SO what can my Harley beat? 2011 Dyna with pipes, breather and tune…Id really appreciate input, Id hate to have my ass handed to me in the future by some J A P cruiser.

Just go by %....

80% of the j a p bikes on the road will beat a stock dyna....sucks, I don't like it either!!

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back