ZL1, GT500, or M3?

Nucdancer01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Like the subject says.. Would you guys pick the '13 camaro, '13 GT500, or a '11 M3?

BTW, I knew the numbers of all cars.. But the GT500 absolutely blew me away with the power! That whole 662 HP, with a 128 mph trap speed through the quarter mile stock is such a different animal than what I am used to. 11.6 sec 1/4, 0-60 in 3.4 sec, top speed of 202mph!!!??? It might actually be too much for the street...

Any firsthand experience out there?

-Jeremy

Their is no such thing as to much for the street, sounds like a sweet ride but the m3 is a way better all around to me

CTS-V!!

Was that on the list?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

The CTS-V was on there, but there are too many of them around my neighborhood. Sedan versions, anyway. I think the coupe looks a little too tall in the a$$ end for me!

I haven't driven the zl1 but they look nasty. I personally like the gt500. There is a member on here that just got a zl1 maybe he will chime in on it.

M3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you are over 6ft then the M is fun for about 4 minutes...it sounds to me like you dont need back seats because only a bilateral amputee can fit in the back with your options listed. If too many Caddy's are in your hood then my choice would clear...an SL63......and never look back

Good luck with your purchase

My .02

There is an SL63 locally. It's gorgeous.

I am looking for a manual transmission though. If I were to go automatic, it would almost exclusively be the '14 GCSRT8.

Going to drive the ZL1 in a little bit.

There is an SL63 locally. It's gorgeous.

Going to drive the ZL1 in a little bit.

Nice..

I don't know where you are in your life bro , but you should buy whatever puts the biggest tingle in your pants..

Life is short.....and you only go once around the ride !!!

Last edited:
Another vote for the cts-v, I absolutely love ours, enough infact the viper got bumped on the next car to mod list

I bought a new M3 for the last year of the E46 body. It was nice, it was comfortable, it was torque-y.. But something just seems a little 'blah' about it right now.

The ZL1 is supposedly only slightly slower than the Mustang, but it FELT significantly slower. Throttle response, clutch, exhaust tone... It has some gadgets the mustang doesn't, and vice versa. They are my number 1 and co-number 1 colors.. This is really tough.

I have owned 5 Camaros, always been a camaro fanboy and thus, HATED mustangs. But I think I may have enjoyed short term driving it more. It just popped in my mind.

Camaro may be better long term though..

I just watched a shootout of the ZL1 and GT500. The GT500 was faster aroud the track but got slower each lap due to the brakes fading. The camaro held the same average times. In a quarter mile it was a little slower. There is no denying the camaro looks much better.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back