INSURANCE COMPANIES SUCK!!!

508.36 every 6 mos on the red 04 SRT-10 truck.
450.00 " " " ' " 04 Ranger
427.00 " " " " " 98 Maxima
780.00 " " " " " 99 New beetle that my 21 year old daughter drives
530.00 " " " " " 05 Chevy Silverado diesel crew Dually
160.00 per year on the Silver SRT-10 for comprehensive only.
600.00 @ per year on the 2 boats and trailers.

All have 300-500 PD & PL and 500 ded collision 250 DED comprehansive

This is with State Farm, and with immaculate driving records. And all the old guy discounts. I can get a further discount if I take a MATURE driver course. They won't take my NHRA competition license into account....:D :D :D :D

No one has mentioned this yet so I will. Many states now allow insurance companies to use your credit score when they figure your insurance rates. If your credit sucks they really sock it to you. Could this be a factor?

FSTJACK said:
I can get a further discount if I take a MATURE driver course. They won't take my NHRA competition license into account....:D :D :D :D

RAOTFLMAO! Now THAT would be priceless. Picture this, you rollup on you MATURE Driving course instructor and give him your NHRA license for your identity card. I bet the look on his face would be friggin priceless!

I pay $350 every 6 months, and that is with 3 speeding tickets in the last 2 years.

Bill.

Silverback said:
No one has mentioned this yet so I will. Many states now allow insurance companies to use your credit score when they figure your insurance rates. If your credit sucks they really sock it to you. Could this be a factor?

I dont really have much credit history till i bought the truck...I have yet to be sent to collection for anything...hmmm, food for thought

Your getting Royally Screwed!!!!!!!!!!

Maybe its the state you live in bro... I live in Arizona and they gave me insurance as a regular cab Dodge Ram, full coverage is $120 a month. I just moved from Texas where I had an 04, the first year God blessed us, and the insurance was the same. Try Geico, thats who I go through for all my vehicles.

Call CSAA and Liberty Mutual for quotes. If you have a no points record and have not had any claims you should be able to get insurance for around 2-3k/year.

I get the best rates by using small independant insurance agencys that can shop a few different compnays.

Bill.

Dude, your getting ripped off!! Go sit down with an insurance (reputable)agent
and let them find you a decent company. They usually can speak directly with the underwriter!!

Good Luck!!

im 31 and married and with farmers i pay 441.60 every six months or 883.20 a year full coverage on my srt 10 quad cab. i also have no tickets accidents or dui for 16 years. dont get me wrong i just got a ticket as i have in the past but i go to court. they just want the money here in indiana and they never show on my license. btw im in northwest indiana.

Last edited:
my fiancee has usaa and we hate it. way too expensive. 2400 a year liability only for her eclipse. besides you can only get it if you're a service member or a military brat.

Stanimal said:
my fiancee has usaa and we hate it. way too expensive. 2400 a year liability only for her eclipse. besides you can only get it if you're a service member or a military brat.

I pay just under $1800 a year for four vehicles.

FerrariTruck said:
When i purchased my truck last year, I knew my insurance was gonna be up there because of my age...I shopped around and tried all of the well known companies and the best rate i got was $2,200 a year for both my trucks. My srt was full coverage, my 96 was just liability..I paid up and dealt with it..
So one year later i get my renewal notice...During the last year, i managed to not get a single speeding ticket or pulled over period..Needless to say my record is clean. No dui's, accidents, nothing. Somebody plz explain to me why Infinity insurance raised my rates from 2,200 a year to $13,600!!!
Which is something like $1,300 a month as it notes on the notice. I was sure it was a typo so i called my broker. I explained it to him and he said that it must be a mistake. He calls infinity and finds out that its no mistake. They tell him that there were some changes in the rates this year. they also said that it has to do with being an SRt vehicle. What do you guys pay a month? Anyone have a company they recommend?

Dayum! I bought my truck before I even shopped insurance and I was pleasantly suprised when my agent said it would cost $1,080 a year to insure this thing. I have full coverage state farm, am 25 w/ perfect record (past 5 years anyways) $500 deductable and live in N. Ga. Did they offer you any vaseline with your quote? Thats outrageous!

Yeah, I was payin about 190/month with Gieco, I'm 25, and have a shit load of speeding tickets in CT that I took to court and mostly got thrown out. They still show on my CT record though. Moved to FL and they actually put Safe Driver on my license. Since I'm selling it, I dropped my insurance, and shes sleeping quietly in the garage.
Dood shop around! If I were you I would tell them that theyre out of their f'n minds.

Dude, That's nuts!
Even with your age, short credit history, and where you live, that still sounds unbelievable.
I only pay $595/year full coverage with State Farm, but I'm 40, married with one daughter, had one speeding ticket 13 years ago, and live on 15 acres in the suburbs in Virginia (low crime I guess).
My mom works for a small insurance company and if I remember correctly, some of them now look back 7 years on your record.

FerrariTruck said:
I dont really have much credit history till i bought the truck...I have yet to be sent to collection for anything...hmmm, food for thought

I didn't know that you had to have insurance on a Honda Express,,,,,,,,,,,:idea: ;) :idea:

i have 4 points in my insurance (speeding tickets)
1 claim of 1600 and 1 claim of 600
$1500 a year for my 06 qc
$1550 a year for my 06 rc:dontknow:
i have the multicar discount (4 other vehicles)
i'm 27 y/old and i deal w/ geico

Man ! I can hardly believe what some of you are paying ! I pay about $800 a year on the SRT and the 99 4X4,full coverage.Had one accident in 2000,two reckless-drivings in 2001 (including license suspension),and others since then.I am over 40,own my home (NO MORTAGE !) and have outstanding credit rating (why that counts I have no idea) and drive less than 10,000 miles a year,and live way out in the country.I am with a relatively small local company.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back