Oils / Fluids for our Trucks

It's an OEM filter made for the Viper engines for increased oil flow and better filtration, dealer item only.

I have always had to put 11-11.5 quarts in my motor with a complete oil and filter change. I just changed it rt now and took exactly 11.5 quarts to reach the top of the full line. Is it possible the previous owner put in a different oil level stick? Can someone give me the part number on your fill stick. Mine has one, I wanna see if they match up. Thanks

Most likely someone added an increased capacity pan. I know of one that adds 2.5 qts to the 8.5.

My 06 takes 10 & I order the White Viper filters from Tony. Asking everyone what oil they use is like asking what 10 color is the fastest. By the way, it's Gray.

Tony has good price on white filter. I just paid 22.00 at local dealer, that is garage cost. list is 29.00.

Most likely someone added an increased capacity pan. I know of one that adds 2.5 qts to the 8.5.
Well I can tell you that the pan looks just like and is the same size as the extra oil pan I have that I got off an extra viper motor I had. Only other explanation would be wrong oil level stick. Geez hope it's not that cause that would mean that I've been running more oil that I should for past five years. Lol

Sorry I thought you meant oil pan not trans pan, my bad.............

Sorry I thought you meant oil pan not trans pan, my bad.............

No sir, my bad. He is talking about oil pan and I was talking about tranny pan. I comingled the 2. Don't know if the larger capacity '06 oil pan will fit our '05 trucks or not. A little extra oil can't hurt cooling. Getting older has it's drawbacks and one of those is not reading all that is written and jumping to conclusions. Oh well, old is better than dead. Just try and bear with me.

Well I can tell you that the pan looks just like and is the same size as the extra oil pan I have that I got off an extra viper motor I had. Only other explanation would be wrong oil level stick. Geez hope it's not that cause that would mean that I've been running more oil that I should for past five years. Lol

Hey bud, the 06 Dipstick should be 5037612AC. It shows to be available, but ironically the 05 is no longer!! Here's the other kicker. The 06 Pan shows no longer available, yet the 05 is still at the tune of $1100.
Both pickups are available.

Hey bud, the 06 Dipstick should be 5037612AC. It shows to be available, but ironically the 05 is no longer!! Here's the other kicker. The 06 Pan shows no longer available, yet the 05 is still at the tune of $1100. Both pickups are available.
Thanks! I'll check once I get home to see if it matches. I guess I better hold onto that extra pan. Mine has two holes in it for oil return from turbos.

Hey bud, the 06 Dipstick should be 5037612AC. It shows to be available, but ironically the 05 is no longer!! Here's the other kicker. The 06 Pan shows no longer available, yet the 05 is still at the tune of $1100.
Both pickups are available.

$1100 for an oil pan??? Me thinks MOPAR hates it's own. The very ones that support them are the ones getting shafted. I assume these are 1st run production not something new. :dontknow: If so were they $1100 in the beginning? :dontknow: Do the new Viper oil pans cost $1100? :dontknow: I guess a good question is do pans for Stangs and Vets cost $1100? :dontknow:

They are indeed high in more ways than one but ill bet GM cast aluminum pans are close in price. BS

$1100 for an oil pan??? Me thinks MOPAR hates it's own. The very ones that support them are the ones getting shafted. I assume these are 1st run production not something new. :dontknow: If so were they $1100 in the beginning? :dontknow: Do the new Viper oil pans cost $1100? :dontknow: I guess a good question is do pans for Stangs and Vets cost $1100? :dontknow:

This is why mine has been repaired.. :mad:

Great thread. I'm going to install my t56 this weekend and i forgot how much fluid it needs. Thanks to this thread, i know ill need 4 quarts. ill be using dexron III :)

Is it ok to mix dot 3 and 4 brake fluid? This is for my clutch master cylinder resi only, NOT the brakes.

Back