Oils / Fluids for our Trucks

Is it ok to mix dot 3 and 4 brake fluid? This is for my clutch master cylinder resi only, NOT the brakes.

Yes, DOT 3 and DOT 4 are compatible. DOT 5 is the only one that will not work with the other 2.

a buddy of mine put dot 5 in is front master cylinder on his Harley and the front brake locked up while doing about 60 on a highway.. He went sailing.. Somehow he was ok.. The bike however didn't fare so well.

a buddy of mine put dot 5 in is front master cylinder on his Harley and the front brake locked up while doing about 60 on a highway.. He went sailing.. Somehow he was ok.. The bike however didn't fare so well.

Have seen this more than once. H-D switched to dot4 starting with the anti lock brake bikes then slowly changed the rest. The avrage guy don't know what fluid is inside without looking and they never look! Once contaminated you need to change out all the rubber parts because they swell.

Dot 5 will not damage paint. It is a good choice for older cars without ABS
Dot 3&4 WILL damage paint almost immediately!

Fluid change

I changed fluids in my 05 RC this week. Engine held 9 qts, rear diff held 3 qts but the manual only held 3qts ATF. Tranny was about 1/4 inch from top.

RockSRT10

6 speed should take 4?????? Mine took a full 4 before just starting to drip out...Was the truck level or jacked up???????

The truck was on a lift and looked level when the fluids were changed. I checked the tranny fluid today in my shop which is level. The fluid was about 1/4 inch below fill plug.

Rock SRT10

I was wanting to take a road trip to South Carolina after changing fluids. The truck only has 9000 miles on it, would like to get some miles on it. But this tranny fluid thing has me a little worried.

I think full is like someone said earlier, till it starts running out of side plug..This is a rule of thumb for 90% of fluid filled gear boxes-

Do I need the limited slip additive in this axle.. Kinda getting confused, I have heard both ways now. But census says 75-140.

I run it in mine. This is directly from the Chrysler website:

DESCRIPTION - AXLE SRT-10
NOTE: DaimlerChrysler recommends using Mopar® lubricants or lubricants of equal quality.

REAR AXLE
248RBI - Mopar® SAE 90W
NOTE: Trac-Lok® differential requires Limited Slip Additive in the lubricant.

I run it in mine. This is directly from the Chrysler website:

DESCRIPTION - AXLE SRT-10
NOTE: DaimlerChrysler recommends using Mopar® lubricants or lubricants of equal quality.

REAR AXLE
248RBI - Mopar® SAE 90W
NOTE: Trac-Lok® differential requires Limited Slip Additive in the lubricant.

do you run the 75w-140 ?? or the 90W?

Mobile1's website says 75/140 also, it has the additives in it but you should add one tube of it also.

Back