Oils / Fluids for our Trucks

DESCRIPTION - AXLE
NOTE: DaimlerChrysler recommends using Mopar® lubricants or lubricants of equal quality.

FRONT AXLE
C205F - Mopar® Gear Lubricant 75W-90
9 1/4 AA - Mopar® Synthetic Gear Lubricant 75W-90
REAR AXLE
9 1/4 - Mopar® Synthetic Gear Lubricant 75W-140
10 1/2 AA - Mopar® Synthetic Gear Lubricant 75W-90
11 1/2 AA - Mopar® Synthetic Gear Lubricant 75W-90
NOTE: Trac-Lok® differentials require Limited Slip Additive in the lubricant. Trac-Rite™ differentials DO NOT require Limited Slip Additive.

The only Chrysler axle that uses 75w-140 is the 9 1/4

FLUID CAPACITIES
DESCRIPTION SPECIFICATION

FUEL TANK
1500 Short Box 98 L (26 gal.)*

ENGINE OIL WITH FILTER
8.3L 8.2L (8.75 qts.)

COOLING SYSTEM
8.3L 15.1L (18 qts.)

POWER STEERING
Power steering fluid capacities are dependent on engine/chassis options as well as steering gear/cooler options. Depending on type and size of internal cooler, length and inside diameter of cooler lines, or use of an auxiliary cooler, these capacities may vary. Refer to 19, Steering for proper fill and bleed procedures.

AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION
Service Fill - 48RE 3.8 L (4.0 qts.)
O-haul - 48RE 14-16L (29-33 pts.) ♦
♦ Dry fill capacity Depending on type and size of internal cooler, length and inside diameter of cooler lines, or use of an auxiliary cooler, these figures may vary. (Refer to 21 - TRANSMISSION/AUTOMATIC/FLUID - STANDARD PROCEDURE)

MANUAL TRANSMISSION
TREMEC T-56 2.27 L (4.8 pts.)

REAR AXLE
248RBI (DANA 60) 2.8L (5.9 pts.)****
**** Add 147 ml (5 oz.) of Limited Slip Additive
*** With Trac-Lok add 118 ml (4 oz.) of Limited Slip Additive.
** Includes 0.9L (1.0 qts.) for coolant reservoir

First Oil Change for my newly bought truck

I'm looking for a good oil brand and weight to use here in New Orleans for my 05 Paxton chaged motor. Got the truck a couple months ago and nearing first oil change. Should I go with the white Viper/Mopar filter or K&N Performance Gold which filters down to 10 microns?

I'm looking for a good oil brand and weight to use here in New Orleans for my 05 Paxton chaged motor. Got the truck a couple months ago and nearing first oil change. Should I go with the white Viper/Mopar filter or K&N Performance Gold which filters down to 10 microns?
White Viper filter FTW!

"going mach 2 with my hair on fire!"

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back