PERFORMANCE MODIFICTION QUESTIONS ANSWERED HERE

pacer makes a wheel that will work several on here have them including me

Hey,

What type of mods are needed on this truck to run high 12s and low 13s all day? I am thinking of getting one, and wanted to know. Truck would be a QC.

Warp09 said:
Hey,

What type of mods are needed on this truck to run high 12s and low 13s all day? I am thinking of getting one, and wanted to know. Truck would be a QC.

Check out the Timeslip section. Time has a lot to do with your DA as well. Where you live and how deep your pockets are will give you an idea how fast it will go in the 1/4

tsmith3 said:
Check out the Timeslip section. Time has a lot to do with your DA as well. Where you live and how deep your pockets are will give you an idea how fast it will go in the 1/4

Thanks for letting me know about that Timeslip section. I didn't even see that there, lol...

Looks like people run low 13s, high 12s, with Intake,Exhaust,Tune...

Warp09 said:
Thanks for letting me know about that Timeslip section. I didn't even see that there, lol...

Looks like people run low 13s, high 12s, with Intake,Exhaust,Tune...

A SCT, dropin filter (or CAI) exhaust and a cat delete with good weather can put you in the 12's with a sub 2.0 60. The 60 is the most critical part of the race. 1.8 = 12's. 2.2 = high 13's.

FlyingLow said:
A SCT, dropin filter (or CAI) exhaust and a cat delete with good weather can put you in the 12's with a sub 2.0 60. The 60 is the most critical part of the race. 1.8 = 12's. 2.2 = high 13's.

Thanks man. Yeah, 60' = make it or break it.

ViperPowa said:
Hehe that would definitly be easier, but I'm still a bit skiddish bout running nitrous in my rig, not really too nitrous savy and honestly ain't gonna practice on my SRT lol. Gonna spray the Celica though, don't give a rats ass if I blow the witto 20R. I'm not going to go to win it all, just so I don't get slaughtered :D, motor for motor I think with bolt on's I might have it in the bag, if he blows his nitrous it's gonna be game over for me. the Stang I know has BBk headers(short tubes) exhaust, and CAI. The CTS-V has exhaust. So with street tires I don't think they are gonna hook, I've heard the L is "pretty souped up", but just looking to run decent times and have some fun racing friends. What headers would you suggest? Wish I jumped on the headers/w catless mids group buy .....:banghead: SCT definitly has more to offer than the stage 2 flash right?

I have the B&B headers and couldn't be happier.

Anyone here using JMB's nitrous kit? How does the feeling of nitrous compare with that of a turbo?

Depends on the turbo system, mine comes on very gradual, I think 505's hits pretty hard, so it may feel more like nos .

but careful with the juice;)

riley6 said:
Anyone here using JMB's nitrous kit? How does the feeling of nitrous compare with that of a turbo?

I will sum it up very easily: If you can afford the turbo route, do it. If you want to go fast on a budget (relatively-speaking of course ;) ) go with the N2O. Either way, do it right! If you don't, you will pay for it in the end.

BTW, I have JMB's N2O.

does anyone know what power rating our mains are good for?.... in my case iv forged the rods an pistons...just wondering how much it would take to start worring about the mains?

Tooloe said:
does anyone know what power rating our mains are good for?.... in my case iv forged the rods an pistons...just wondering how much it would take to start worring about the mains?

after a certain range the mains will let the crank start to "walk" what that is? dont really know

but have been told ifyou are around the 650hp and above range and plan on nos they are a good idea.
plus any hp above that range

thanks for the reply stinker. im shooting for the 700hp range on the juice hmm this makes me start to worry about my motor being done hmmmmm

Tooloe said:
thanks for the reply stinker. im shooting for the 700hp range on the juice hmm this makes me start to worry about my motor being done hmmmmm
Talk with david bro, but to me , on juice, with the finger size mains we got, it would be a good investment;)

I can't seem to find a straight answer on this for some reason. Who makes a COMPLETE grill set for the 04s. By complete I mean main grill AND lower valence. Does anyone?

thjones3 said:
I can't seem to find a straight answer on this for some reason. Who makes a COMPLETE grill set for the 04s. By complete I mean main grill AND lower valence. Does anyone?
ONE company does, its called aim, its kinda a crappy deal too, contact moparconnection about it, send him a pm, they are billet and around $500, I think I can gettem too, but from what Mopar says, they are one big pain:( I now aim is a big pain to deal with,
I contacted about 5 different companies, and nobody would touch it because of the low production:(

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back