Question for ANYONE!!!! Please help!!!!

FASTFOOD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have stumped one dodge dealer and Patricks help at Avondale! I do not know if it is on the RC's but on my QC where the motor meets the bellhousing of the trans there is an object that appears black in color that is between the motor and trans like a spacer or seal. It is held on with bolts visable at the crest of the bellhousing and with the bolts used to attach the trans to the motor. It does appear to be 2 peices because of the gap between the 2 bolts befor mentioned at the crest of the bellhousing. I know it is not a seal but what is it!!! I need to find one so I can mock up a mid plate for the dragster.I can not seperate the motor and trans right now as it has to stay together to finish adding 19 inches to the chassis.

Last edited:
100_1271.jpg

Here near the starter location you can see 3 different colors! I do not beleive it's metal but not sure.

Last edited:
Its pointing at "some" visible material that is between the motor and transmission. It is almost perfectly shaped to the bellhousing except for 2 mounting ears at the crest of the bellhousing.

any more/better photos????

man my motor dosen't have anything like that i'ma run out in the garage and check my bellhouseing might be a little easier for me since my motor is out but i don't rember anything like that

its a QC engine/tranny set up Tooloe

100_1272.jpg

Here is the other side and it runs all the way around the trans mounting area.

Is this it?

Attachments

• StructuralCover.jpg
    StructuralCover.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 97
Looks like a spacer all right..... :confused: Perhaps a RC block connected to a auto trans? :dontknow: (I've heard the block/mounts for the block in a Reg Cab are different than the ones for a QC block.) :dontknow:

could ya back the bolts out enough to see if ita a spacer or maybe a spacer made into the block since the blocks are supposed to be different between the RC's & QC's

ViperJeff said:
Is this it?
No it is almost the same shape of the bellhousing all the way around not the bottom door pictured.

GADodgetech said:
Might be a spacer or some vibration damper?? just guessing:dontknow: :dontknow:
Thats what I thought but no one can find it in their computers.

Back