Question for ANYONE!!!! Please help!!!!

Stinker said:
all I can tell you is the QC blocks and the RC blocks are different, the dowl pin locations are in different locations, even the 04 blocks are different from the 05-06 due to the knock sensor.

That's just plain WEIRD...... :stupid: :confused:

:marchmellow:

Stinker said:
let me take a pic of the rear of my block , you can see the differences inthe locations.

I've heard about the dowel pins when they had Chub's motor apart.... I'd be curious to see if the pin locations on the 8.3 (QC Block) would match the dowel locations of the 8.0 Iron V-10 from the 2500/3500 Rams. ;)

labontecsi said:
I'll see what I can do for you. How fast do you need it? I may have to bring the truck to a different shop and coordinate the timing for removal and delivery.
what ya think?:dontknow:

IMG_0006.jpg

05 QC Note the ears not drilled on the 04:p

FASTFOOD said:
what ya think?:dontknow:
While the trans is out, I'll let you use the part. Just need to make sure its OK with the shop. Could be a few days.:dontknow: :dontknow:

FASTFOOD said:
Ok let me know!
Looks like my trans will be out by Friday, I asked Jordan to call me when he gets it out so I can tell him what to pull off for you. Hopefully I'll have it in my hand by Saturday.

Black1 said:
I've heard about the dowel pins when they had Chub's motor apart.... I'd be curious to see if the pin locations on the 8.3 (QC Block) would match the dowel locations of the 8.0 Iron V-10 from the 2500/3500 Rams. ;)

Me to Jake, thought about a truck 5 speed with granny low.
Then I could tow with ease and get out of the gate in a hurry.

Had one in my Short bed 60 chevy I used to race, best launces I have ever had. 21mph @ 7000 rpm then ya hoo into first and gone, kinda like a
4 speed hydro:D :D :D

I just got of the phone with my friend, he is a Viper tech at the local dealership, he says it is a spacer for the diff. between the manual trans, and the flex plate and touque convertor on the autos

Black1 said:

Yes the 8.3QC and Magnum Iron blocks dowel locations match. Motor mounts don't though.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back