WARNING All VIPER Engines with an Accumsump are in imminent danger of failure

CarDude said:
Thanks guys I am using all the ammo I have...

Here is my response to Canton....

Canton Racing Products Management,

Now that I have calmed down I will address your email in a more professional manner.

1. Your warranty is not a document for you to hide behind. Your product failed and cost me my engine, plain and simple. Ford Motor company's limited warranty didn't protect them from legal action when their product failed and cost people there lives. Ford had to pay even when the tires were purchased from Firestone. Just like in this case, you failed to act when you knew there was a problem. As Farmington has informed me, this is not the first failure; it (failure) has happened "quite a few times", to quote an engineer at Farmington. I don't care who sold you the parts...I purchased the final product from you.

2. You are correct the SRT10 engine has a normal range of around 70 psi, although it has spikes to 300 psi. The pressure bypass you referred to, is actually around 100 psi and it is a mechanical spring (so the precision is not there). The valve that you have chosen to use has a maximum psi range of 88.2 psi per its manufacturer's specs. Your negligent part selection is to blame here. You should immediately recall the part as it is in danger of costing you more than my engine. I am sure a class action law suit wouldn't be out of the question here. If you question my facts call Arrow Racing and ask for Todd (1-800-551-8477). They are the warranty rebuilder for all Viper motors. They dyno the engines before they return them for reinstallation into Vipers and SRT10 Rams. And finally the check engine light did go off, unfortunately the motor had already imploded. "A day late and a dollar short" as they say.

3. The vendor is not responsible as your pressure valve selection is to blame here.

I still fail to see why it took you six weeks to try and hiding behind your "limited warranty". If that is what you intended the entire time, you should have stated that up front, and not wasted my time. Your actions speak louder than words here, you know you are responsible. I hope you sleep well a night, knowing your are being dishonest. This is no way to run a business, except maybe into the ground. I did nothing wrong, except trust your reputation and install your system, which you designed for my application. If you continue down this road you will only be left with your parts, not your reputation.

I want the parts returned to me in the condition they were sent to you. I also want the results of the "test" that was run against the failed valve. I believe I paid for that test in full with my engine and my time you continue to waste. I want the full payment of my engine rebuild and all costs incurred due to your negligent inaction.

If you decide to go after it legally make sure you get what the engineers says in writing or at least write down their name and date you spoke to them and about what.
I would also record my calls regarding that stuff.

Good luck and yes they should stand behind it 100%.

sump

After ordering their product to insure good oil dispersion you got hosed. I feel for ya bro. That stinks. Good luck I hope you win. :(

Man that is just wrong. I think you really need a great lawyer whom knows how to apply the proper pressure.

What do you want us to say in the email to canton racing?

patrick

mauiSRT/10 said:
Man that is just wrong. I think you really need a great lawyer whom knows how to apply the proper pressure.

What do you want us to say in the email to canton racing?

patrick

I would simple say, "If you sell a product that is suppose to add years to engine life, you should stand behind your product when it fails and destroys an engine. Hiding behind your "limited warranty" will only "limit" your future business. You should pay for Lawrence Willis' SRT-10 Ram engine. That is the right thing to do.

Thanks for your help guys...anything you do will be a help and appreciated.

CarDude said:
I would simple say, "If you sell a product that is suppose to add years to engine life, you should stand behind your product when it fails and destroys an engine. Hiding behind your "limited warranty" will only "limit" your future business. You should pay for Lawrence Willis' SRT-10 Ram engine. That is the right thing to do.

Thanks for your help guys...anything you do will be a help and appreciated.
E-mail sent today... "In unity there is strength".

One other thing...if you guys are members on other car forums, please let others know what happened and subsequently Canton's response. What is the saying...Buyer Beware...let's now call it, Buyer be Warned.

Canton won't ever get any money again from me. I purchased a hi priced oil filter from them and the friggen thing made the worst noise(s). It was a real turd of a part. I was never able to get them to take care of me on that. Their customer service bites.

guys you are trashing a great product and I don't see where going to other sites is gonna help.
anyone wonder why no gearheads have chimed in?
it is a performance product for perfromance applications and we all know that stuff fails
but the problem I have is you say you were canyon racing in the thread you had deleted and all of the sudden the engine blew
well as fast as the oil poured out in the vid it don't seem like it would take long to realize something was wrong, with 11 qts pumping out there should be some smoke ,sliding ,bells ringing ,summin .
I had the pleasure of taking classes with a mobil rep that explained how the synthetic molecules bond with an engine and it could actually last a good long time witout any oil
blake wilders second engine perfect example,after installing the bearings upside down to where the rotating parts could get no oil they drove it for 80 miles before it started knocking and then drove it back to the shop,not saying this is normal but an engine can survive for a period of time without oil and no damage,how many people use dealerships for oil changes?I have seen more than once a rookie forget to put oil in and walk away only to come back realizing later whaat he did and no harm done.
but if the oil was pumping out that fast common sesnse should tell ya it wouldn't take very long for the oil pan to empty and the check guage to come an and for anyone to notice the problem and shut the truck off
but if it was so disastrous I think I would have taken out my camera phone and took pics of the mile long oil trail behind the truck,plus the underhood mess and had the tow company document something
I think the part failed it was a perfomance part and that's the way the courts will see
or
does this mean if the fuel pump I installed on my truck that is guaranteed to provide correct fuel pressure decides to quit while racing and the engine runs lean and burns 7 pistons that I should sue them for my engine build?

I just saw this way too many times
the oil light comes on......

screw it I'm not stopping here!and drive thirty more miles

then....expect some one else to repair the engine

Stinker said:
....expect some one else to repair the engine

I'm going to have to agree with Stinker on this one. We all have some responsibility for what we do. The Mods we make. The way we drive. The chances we take.

Some things are insurable and that's why we have insurance to cover them. There have been a number of members on this site that have had accidents in there trucks. For the most part, all of us have been taken care of unless the cost of repair was to great....

Then

You have the folks in the engine failure department. As of yet, I'm unaware of any insurance that covers engine failure that is outside normal operation under normal operating environments with all OEM parts. Once one starts changing to non OEM parts and there driving habits fall outside of what may be considered reasonable, they would also need to understand the phrase limited warranty.

And that's why, manufactures put limited warranty's on there products. It would become cost prohibitive to do anything if a company promised to fix any and all damage as a result of a part failure.

So we can bitch and garner up support to prevent anyone else from using a part that did not work. But that is not the problem. The problem is the attitude of the consumer and what they believe is the truth.

As consumers we need to take a more active role in the care of our property. We need to understand that in all things regardless of price and engineering, they are subject to failure.

So before you got out and beat your property into the ground. You better read and understand the meaning of limited warranty and what it will and will not cover.

Feel free to yell and scream at me.....

I don't care......

I know how to read and ask questions.....

I'll let you get back to the "Assume" world that you live in

I don't understand why people don't want to take responsibility for their own actions. I 100% agree with Stinker. Just like the other guy that lost his warranty and is saying he got screwed. When people start trying to get over on warranty work it makes it harder for those honest people out there that don't tamper with their vehicles to get quality service.

I see a lot of people talk about money and then whine about warranty work.

I would me more than willing to take responsibility if I caused the failure. Fact is the engine blew and smoke rolled out the back before we even knew anything was wrong. I guess my extra sensory preception was a little off that day. 4K in rpms needs at least 40 psi of oil pressure. At some point it dipped below that and the engine went blow. I deleted the thread early on because I wanted to work things out with Canton and not blast them on the boards. The volume of oil you saw running out of the failed valve was before the valve was even under pressure; the truck was not running during the video clip. So it was spraying out at a much higher volume during the drive. It covered the lower side of the truck because of the way it was facing. Exactly what responsibility I should I take here. That I was driving the truck hard in a canyon, what the hell are you suppose to do with a 500 HP truck. As I said before, the engine went boom, and I drove it a mile or so off of the two lane road, so I wouldn't get hit. There were no check engine lights on until right before I pulled over.

I put the Accusump on to extend the engine life...not take it. If I had never installed this part...the truck would never have had this problem. You can tell me that is my fault and I will easily take the blame for that. But I did not cuase the part to fail. Where is my responsiblity here? Did I sell someone the wrong EPC valve for the Viper engine installation? The mistake I made was I had it installed on my truck, because I wanted the engine to last longer. Plain and simple.

Also you should really review their website. They sell the Accusump for everything, and brand it as the savior of all things with oil. And if it fails...sorry buddy it was suppose to add engine life, but in this instance it destroyed yours. Too bad. But maybe our vendor will pay for it. If you want to trust a company that doesn't stand behind their product please put one on your truck.

Last edited:
MacksSrt said:
Canton won't ever get any money again from me. I purchased a hi priced oil filter from them and the friggen thing made the worst noise(s). It was a real turd of a part. I was never able to get them to take care of me on that. Their customer service bites.

What kind of noise and on what vehicle?

CarDude said:
I would me more than willing to take responsibility if I caused the failure. Fact is the engine blew and smoke rolled out the back before we even knew anything was wrong. I guess my extra sensory preception was a little off that day.

Disclaimer: As usual it should be noted that I am not a well spoken person

But the point is.....

The manufacturers of these parts know they will at times fail. Therefore their limited warranty's are written to absolve them of any responsibility, except for, maybe, the cost of their part and their part only.

The fact that you drove the truck after the failure of the part, well, that was your choice based on how you felt at the time.

CarDude said:
As I said before, the engine went boom, and I drove it a mile or so off of the two lane road, so I wouldn't get hit. There were no check engine lights on until right before I pulled over.

A bit of a note from an old guy......

They call them idiot lights for a reason.

(Reason: "They are called idiot lights beacuse they are designed to come on after something bad has already happened. They are not intended as an early warning device and anyone who views them as such.....Is an Idiot")

I should have specified that I agreed with a lot of what Stinker said but at the same time think you have a valid arugment.

bud it just seems as tho you are trying to find someone to blame to pay for an engine
you say the oiil sprayed out twice as fast as in the vid?
but yet no warning lights until you almost stopped a mile later?
it doesn't take too much common sense to see the holes in the story
you dumped two gallons of oil on the asphalt,received no warning until you almost stopped,took no pics at the time,put on an aftermarket accessory item that failed and want them to pay for it?

I guess all the guys that put on sts turbos should get new engines?
or maybe roe for the vec 3 because we can't tune?
or maybe bellanger because his headers are too close to the clutch line heated up the fluid and blew out my clutch
or even me or patrick for suggesting synthetic atf fluid in t 56 tranny's

the bottom line is the courts and manufacturer willsee you bought a aftermarket part designed for performance purposes on a high performance vehicle and were driving at excessive speed and the engine blew due to neglecting the signs of a problem the vehicle was giving,because nobody is gonna believe you pumped out 2 gallons of oil and didn't notice it untill it was too late

accusump makes a great product that is simple in design,and has saved racers thousand s of dollars in teardowns by saving bearing wear,but as with any and I do mean any modification you do it needs to be checked on a regular basis

RedSrt007 said:
from what I have measured, 3-5 seconds....long enough to where you would NEVER notice it cruising throught the mountains. If you did, it would be too late by the time you noticed it :(

These motors will kill themselves in 3 to 5 seconds of no oil pressure.
Really engineers say this or it sounds good?
Got to sell this P.O.S. and get a normal engine then.

Sorry for the mess guy.
Am i misreading the warranty or did you have it less than 90 days?

So we're only supposed to put synthetic anti-freeze in the engine to keep the tranny running strong so we can get traction? :burnout:

K-80-123 said:
I bought one from Boomer and was going to install in my truck.....but Hennessey did not do the install and come to think of it He never gave it back to me either......O-Well I am glad he did not install after hearing this.

:confused: :confused: WTF :confused: :dontknow:

:( what a thief...

I must apologize to the new members but as most will tell ya I am very blunt on certain things

I hope cardude gets hiis problem resolved, I just don't see it happening tho

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back